Any benefits of being quick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any benefits of being quick?

Hello there! Is there any benefit of finishing a stage as fast as possible (or opening the treasure chests) ?
    Thanks for eventually replies

In Story Mode, no. Trials, yes (unlocks more levels above you the faster you complete the trial).

Comment

When people "farm" gold / gemstones / XP, they usually use a booster that has a timer of 30 minutes. There are good places to farm (DC / Morgenheim for Gold AND Gemstones for example) and those levels are played repeatedly to have as much of the resource required as possible. Finishing the level quicker basically means more rounds in 30 min booster time means more resources gathered. Additionally finishing a trail faster gives better gear.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
        .... Additionally finishing a trial faster gives better gear.
        I'm not sure that's true. Don't think so. Do you have evidence/data?
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
          I'm not sure that's true. Don't think so. Do you have evidence/data?
          It is, as far as I can remember (if it was about this topic). Was mentioned a bunch of times but not really in mood to play on detective in old pages. Someone should confirm this.

But yes, I do a a kinda feeling that it is true.
          Last edited by SoulGaming2; 01-20-2019, 02:56 PM.
          I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
          Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post

It is, as far as I can remember (if it was about this topic). Was mentioned a bunch of times but not really in mood to play on detective in old pages. Someone should confirm this.

But yes, I do a a kinda feeling that it is true.
            I didn't notice that. If I clear fast, I get trash and if I clear slow I get trash as well. Clearing fast just gives me more trash.
            MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Clearing within 10 minutes is the only thing that is relevant.
              Last edited by Purple Potato; 01-20-2019, 09:21 PM.
              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
              Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Yeah, it's not correct that finishing faster makes gear better.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post

I didn't notice that. If I clear fast, I get trash and if I clear slow I get trash as well. Clearing fast just gives me more trash.
                  Maybe I have mistook it for the "more trial unlocked if you finish earlier" but that is no more relevant either. My bad, sorry.
                  I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
                  Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post

Maybe I have mistook it for the "more trial unlocked if you finish earlier" but that is no more relevant either. My bad, sorry.
                    It was mentioned in a thread about farming for set/name gear that there is better chance to get if you complete the trial in a very short time (~ 2min). However, it may be just a feeling because we can get more runs, more drops and so better chance to get set items among the drops.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post

It was mentioned in a thread about farming for set/name gear that there is better chance to get if you complete the trial in a very short time (~ 2min). However, it may be just a feeling because we can get more runs, more drops and so better chance to get set items among the drops.
                      No. Only bonus to the 3 gear pieces dropped by the Trial boss is that, if you complete the Trial within the 10minute timer, one of the pieces is rolled as if it was coming from a Trial 10 levels higher.

For example, at Trial 80, all gear dropped is Legendary quality, but has attributes on the full value range (72-90 for Power etc.). If you run a Trial 80 and complete it in 9:59, one of your drops will "come from" Trial 90 quality (reduced attribute value range, probably 77-90 for Power). If you complete the Trial 80 in 2:00, the exact same thing happens.

Also of note, the amount of gemstones dropped by a Trial boss is proportional to the time spent (up to the full 10min). So in the above example, the 2:00 Trial 80 clear would drop considerably less gemstones than the 9:59 clear.

Comment

So as long as you are under 10 min for the stage, the longer it takes its better for the final bounty.
                        Thanks a lot
                        @edit Sorry I read to fast. I understand now @Jose Sarmentos point of view,
                        Many thanks to all.
                        Last edited by shakrazam; 01-29-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X