Help my Warrior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help my Warrior

I’m pretty new still and have looked through the forum but am yet to find a post that explains in lamen terms how best to run my Warrior. I’m currently duel wielding Diedre’s Resolve but am finding that elite mobs in TL 84 just one shot me so I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind:
    1) what’s the best way of upgrading my gear? I don’t seem to get drops that are an improvement
    2) I’ve maxed out my crit chance and crit damage so do I now go for power or haste?
    3) any other top tips for me please?

sorry if I’ve missed a thread that explained this

Originally posted by Bezzmond View Post
    1) what’s the best way of upgrading my gear? I don’t seem to get drops that are an improvement
    I think Trials still gives you the best chance of getting good gear. Crafting Set items can be expensive, but if your have the materials and gold, you can give it a shot I suppose...

2) I’ve maxed out my crit chance and crit damage so do I now go for power or haste?
    Put in Haste to get your attack speed up to around 6, then the rest into Power. Higher Attacks Speed might help with recovery (Life on Hit), and more damage from Rune of the Storm procs on your weapon (if/when you add them), so test things out and see what suit you best.

Other than the usual: run lower trials for more xp and hopefully better gear; depending on how much materials and gold you have, you can try adding some enchantments to your current gear, but it could be a waste if you're likely to replace them in the future, up to you...
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Posting a pic of your Warriors stat page will help everyone help you. By maxing out your CD/CR, I'm assuming you mean on the Champion Points allocation page at 100 points each. For upgrading your gear the most important step is determining which piece and what stats need buffing and what the potential increase gains.

You're at TL84, so you're obviously doing a lot right. If you're getting one-shotted, the most likely issue is lack of toughess. Toughness for a warrior has many components. There's straight up Vitality which buffs Hit Points. There's Dodge Rating which make the stated percentage of Attacks that hit, actually miss. Parry rating also make the state percentage of melee attacks that hit miss and ranged or magic attacks do half damage. Then there is the block rating, however, block requires shield and you're not using shield. Finally, there is armor. Each piece of gear you have has a base armor rating plus a potential armor bonus. Armor reduces all incoming damage according the reduction factor which is AR/(AR+3000). Where AR = the base armor points plus all armor bonus stats on equipment, rings and gems.

When your Character is dying easily to one shots or other attacks, you need to buff their toughness. Against one-shot type type insta-death, the most effective counters for surviving are those that affect all incoming attacks: Vitality and Armor. Vitality is a bigger pool to take the shot, Armor turns a bazooka into a bb-gun. A 30% dodge rating is nice, but still leaves you facing 70% one-shot death.
      Last edited by NoSuchReality; 02-05-2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bezzmond View Post
        I agree with the comments above that if you are getting one-shot by mobs it means you need more toughness. Look at the armor and vitality ratings on your gear, you may need to upgrade there. I have a tendency to pick set pieces with the highest damage stats, which eventually results in a warrior that can dish it out but can't take it, especially as you move up to higher level trials. So you may need to sacrifice some damage stats to get your toughness up while you continue to build up your CL points.

A shield will immediately boost your toughness, but at the expense of attack speed and damage stats from your second weapon. I have one single wield and one dual wield warrior, but somewhere around trial 80+ most warriors switch over to dual wielding. My shield warrior can outlast mobs and even most boss attacks but often cannot finish off the boss before the timer runs out. You can always add a second or third archer to balance out some of the loss of attack speed from switching to single wield.

Aside from running trials for set pieces, you can also run Misty Island up to 3 times per day. I've gotten some decent legendary set pieces for my warrior there. If you have a good tunic set piece, you can double socket it with emeralds to get an instant boost in vitality. Or you can change one of your passive abilities to Endurance to boost your overall life score. By trial 80 most warriors are using celerity for attack speed, power infusion for damage, and endurance or tough as nails for toughness (or sword and board for a shield warrior).

You should also keep upgrading all of your abilities, even the ones you don't use, to increase your synergy bonus.

The most fun of running a warrior is the ability to stand toe-to-toe with mobs and bosses, so build up some toughness and face the world head on!

Comment

Working...
        X