Views:	329
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	125901
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Eternium 2_6_2019 2_00_21 PM.png
Views:	330
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	125902

After crafting a new Hailstorm and adding RotS to both Hailstorms, I pretty easily cleared TL88 & 89. I hit TL90, cleared the mobs in about 5 minutes. Kara though, just mows me down. Flying sword dodge and smokescreen, doesn't matter, her base attack just hammers me down and I quickly lose ground to base attack.

Normally, I'd look at adding some vitality or armor. Add a socket and pop in a green brilliant is good for another 4000 HP. But I'm at the XP grind stage. I have four pieces of Stalker gear that need change out. I've added a socket to the Stalker Hood since it's got decent stats. The HP buff after adding the green brilliant made little difference.

With the base attack hammering me, I could stand to buff LoH, but I think overall recovery is okay and don't necessary want to waste a stat spot on more.

I'm also still running the three original companions and suspect it's time to spend the 1000 gems and upgrade for pair of Endars which will give me AS boost and subsequent LoH boost.

I can change out some of the Ruby brilliants to Emeralds, I can spare a little firepower. Ultimately, that's trading just to complete TL90 now.

What are your thoughts on most effective going forward? Add the Endars and XP/Gear farm TL80-83? Hope for better gear? Farm Morganheim and change out the necklace? I feel like I've over invested in Haste.

Add the Endars, farm TL80-83 and then reevaluate Jewelry after replacing the boots, pants, tunic and pads and adding a 100 CLs?
    Last edited by NoSuchReality; 02-06-2019, 10:18 PM.

Apologies for the blurry, I went to do an edit and had to reload the images and rushed.

Comment

I see stats I want to increase, but nothing explains what you're experiencing outside of the fact Kara is a dirty, dirty tramp. Unless you are ignoring her summons, in which case, you should kill those on sight.

More LoH may help. More AR will help, in general, but this isn't why you are dying here.

I got on my mobile XP farmer (Stalker) to test it out. He has 704k-117k-90k, 7 attacks/second and 3212 LoH. Was able to easily heal up between her attacks, even though they hit for 1/2 of my life bar. Eileen's bubble was mildly useful, too.
      Last edited by Trouble; 02-07-2019, 03:57 AM.

Comment

trouble... i beat the devil [kara] 2 or 3 time in trial 105 within 8 min time ...but still more than 10min at 110....wAT an ugly toad this kara...
        Warrior - DW Trial 110 -Matrempit -7:57 (PC only -AS 8 & Deadly Throw against Kara work wonders)
        Mage (Arcanist) Trial 80 -7:22
        BH (Assault) -Trial 103 -9:37 (PC only)

Comment

Lol, I'm not odd am I? Up through TL80 Kara was my BH's go to punching bag for grinding trial XP. TL85 she wasn't fluff and 90 became WTH. I didn't notice the same kind of power up on Elban or Mag. Garm's fat ass always gets bigger. Although TBD seems to be spawning lots more fire and lava.

I'll have to go back and search the forum, i recall a thread about Garm's HP pool, i'm curious if the forum has figured out how each Boss' dam, cooldown, AS etc scales between levels like the XP 5% factor.

Comment

Kara really gets tough at 90+. Since the patch which added act IV, this has been pretty heavily lamented, especially by mages. Outside of the typical hokey-pokey boss mechanics, Garm and Kara definitely feel like gear checks.
            Last edited by Trouble; 02-07-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
              I got on my mobile XP farmer (Stalker) to test it out. He has 704k-117k-90k, 7 attacks/second and 3212 LoH. Was able to easily heal up between her attacks, even though they hit for 1/2 of my life bar. Eileen's bubble was mildly useful, too.
              Thanks for adding this part. Slightly more damage, less toughness but basically twice the LoH of mine. Kind of the opposite direction I was going in mid-tier when at low level I used a lot LoH, mid-tier reduced it and focused on powering up, and now seems to need LoH back.

It helps see the forest for the trees. I'm not getting one-shotted, I'm getting beat down. That is LoH, Armor, or avoidance (dodge/parry). LoH is most direct.
              Last edited by NoSuchReality; 02-07-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post

Thanks for adding this part. Slightly more damage, less toughness but basically twice the LoH of mine. Kind of the opposite direction I was going in mid-tier when at low level I used a lot LoH, mid-tier reduced it and focused on powering up, and now seems to need LoH back.

It helps see the forest for the trees. I'm not getting one-shotted, I'm getting beat down. That is LoH, Armor, or avoidance (dodge/parry). LoH is most direct.
                Agreed. From CL 700-1750, I have found myself putting LoH back onto all of my gear, for every class.

Comment

Agreed. From CL 700-1750, I have found myself putting LoH back onto all of my gear, for every class.
                  Just cleared TL90 @ 8:40. Switched out my weaker ring for my older slightly weaker ring with 500 LoH. Enough to get me through. Now i'm curious when I look at the leaderboard and see the other BH's at the clear and time but with damage of 350K and around 200K toughness. I can barely imagine clearing the mob at 350K. Maybe with an assault scatter shot and pumped up snipe but still... Maybe pre update maxes? Okay, yes, trial stats say boss was Magroth.

Maybe the leader boards should archive and reset on new release.
                  Last edited by NoSuchReality; 02-07-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Warrior is hard in this game, but u need set, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post

Just cleared TL90 @ 8:40. Switched out my weaker ring for my older slightly weaker ring with 500 LoH. Enough to get me through. Now i'm curious when I look at the leaderboard and see the other BH's at the clear and time but with damage of 350K and around 200K toughness. I can barely imagine clearing the mob at 350K. Maybe with an assault scatter shot and pumped up snipe but still... Maybe pre update maxes? Okay, yes, trial stats say boss was Magroth.

Maybe the leader boards should archive and reset on new release.
                      Agreed (again). I'd even be in favor of regular 3-month ladder resets. Send out prizes like they do in the ANB events (ie Celestials), a grip of gems, or just recognition and/or nifty forum icons. Either way, pretty sure when the balance patch hits (Soon®) the ladders will reset.

Comment

Kara is a dirty, dirty tramp
                        LOL ​​​​​​​

Wits, level 70 BH
                        Mahmage, level 70 Mage
                        Eshusi, level ?? Warrior
                        Ebati, level 70 Mage (experience)
                        Deadeye, level 70 BH (Farmer)

GAGI KAMI SINE 2170

Comment

Cant't beat Kara TL 115.. Finish the mobs and have 5min+ left over to fight Kara, but I only get her to 50% Life. Someone a helpful tip? I got enough AS and 400k toughness, 2,3k LoH. It's frustrating..

3,1k LoH seems a bit much. I think that's a setup only for the Kara battle, because I don't ever need nearly that much LoH against any other Boss/Mob
                          Last edited by Outlaw; 02-08-2019, 03:24 PM.
                          XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Warrior: Outlaw - TL114 - Top 30
                          Mage: Outlaw - TL119 - Top 20
                          BH: Outlaw - TL118 - Top 50

Not english born, so sorry for bad grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                            Cant't beat Kara TL 115.. Finish the mobs and have 5min+ left over to fight Kara, but I only get her to 50% Life. Someone a helpful tip? I got enough AS and 400k toughness, 2,3k LoH. It's frustrating..

3,1k LoH seems a bit much. I think that's a setup only for the Kara battle, because I don't ever need nearly that much LoH against any other Boss/Mob
                            I suspect Kara and Garm are an indication that the one-build-to-rule-them-all meta is being disrupted by our developers, and they desire to see us adjusting our characters for the trial boss we are facing.

Comment

I suspect Kara and Garm are an indication that the one-build-to-rule-them-all meta is being disrupted by our developers, and they desire to see us adjusting our characters for the trial boss we are facing.
                              Finished Garm 114 in 7:38.. It would be hard if I have to build a complete set only for Kara - Can't belive it.. I think I simply suck at any point and have to play anything better.
                              XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Warrior: Outlaw - TL114 - Top 30
                              Mage: Outlaw - TL119 - Top 20
                              BH: Outlaw - TL118 - Top 50

Not english born, so sorry for bad grammar.

Comment

Working...
                              X