Some tips on ANB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some tips on ANB?

Hi, i started playing some time ago, and did not pay attention to comparison between me and other players (i am not a "calculator" type of person), but during ANB i realised that my playstyle is wrong, very wrong. I started Warrior (want to farm some items for my main too), and during 12 hours i scored ~240 cl and trial level 67 (i could not pass 68!). On my main (playing almost a month ~1h-2h daily)i have CL 270 and trial lvl 58. I am f2p - i only bought 30-day gems mainly to turn off advertisements (wish.com adv are terrible! couldn't take any more of them!). I was so disappointed with scoring low on ANB that i deleted char before it ends - i thought i will get stashed stuff and gained cl but it obviously did not happen - and so as there is still almost a week before next stage (i have ticket), i am coming here to ask for help.
    I was reading some guides, but they are full of abbreviations, and shortcuts on things that are clear for long-term players, but can someone give me some tips on how to play, what to get on "certain" equipment to get at least to trial 90?
    P.S> I should get to 1500 gems before Silver Stage, but can't spend more money as i am currently saving for a car, house and a new PC :-P
    SELI QUHA LAPU 4647

Not sure about Trial 90, I haven't made it that far, even on my main. I posted my steps on getting to Trial 70 though, so maybe that may help (don't think I used much abbreviations, but if you're not sure on anything, please ask)
    https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...nb-league-runs

There's also FendyBt2's post: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...E2%80%9D-event

and Chosen's: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ue-journey-log

I can help a bit if you have specific Warrior "playstyle" questions.

Gear wise, in my view, due to the time limitation, you don't really have much choice, get whatever is better, but try to stick to xp if you can.
    Last edited by Nhat; 02-24-2019, 10:28 PM.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

My 2 cents:

1) don't worry about trial 90, first go for trial 70 (especially since next one will have less time).

2) If you have ~1500 gems, I'd start by unlocking 2nd and third minion slots, 2nd utility and passive and 2 extra rows of inventory on your char. Then unlock the 2nd upgrade slot for skills so you can work on 2 at once.

3) Use +100% exp booster and push through story mode to anderra (where you get eileen). This should get you to lvl 10+ with time left on booster.

4) Now you have a choice. Opt 1, push through story until you finish act 1 and get robin, then start trials. Opt 2, push trials for a while until your char is better and can go back and do act 1 faster. Either way the idea is to get to level 70 and have completed act 1 story mode in ~2 hours (veterans can do it faster, but that is a good goal for you). Unlock 3rd utility and passive when you can.

5) while doing all this watch your inventory. I make exp jewelry as soon as possible and upgrade it around every 10-20 levels (green is fine, if you are short on gold at early levels use gems to craft the jewelry, its cheap at low levels). Don't worry about perfect stats. And craft upgrades to your weapons if they ever get to far behind (greens are fine). You want movement speed on boots and pants and experience on everything else in preference to anything else for this stage. Craft what your resources allow. If you are getting really unlucky with drops the class specific 50 gem resource box can be a big help at this stage.

6) Once you are at this point, if your gold situation is decent I would recommend a pause while you wait for skills to upgrade.

7) After that it is just trials, trials, trials. If you run low on gold take a break, buy a +100% gold booster (just 25 gems) and run your choice of the broken dragon or siege of anderhelm for 30 minutes. Do your best to keep some sort of xp booster running as much as you can. At this point you will have unlocked what you need, so spend your gems on boosters (remember you are still earning them during the event). You might want to save 100 for reforging for the final push, but that is up to you.

8) A big question is what to do with the ephemeral jewelry. Option 1 is to put experience on them and rack up the CLs, Option 2 is to put the best push stats on you can and farm at higher trials. I don't think there is a definitive right answer, so dealer's choice.

9) And remember time. Leave at least 90 minutes for your final push, but otherwise remember to spread things out and keep upgrading skills. When you get ready for your final push, using some leftover 10 minute books to force a bunch of unused skills up from lvl 1 to lvl 4 or so can buy you some more synergy bonuses.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks BAgate. we have at least 3 step by step ANB guide...Nhat,Fendy & BAgate..wonderful
        Whirlwind SW trial 128 in..7:39m....Nice ..well still with a few crap gears.. erm...fail to beat Garm at 129 tough...(PC only)

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
          8) A big question is what to do with the ephemeral jewelry. Option 1 is to put experience on them and rack up the CLs, Option 2 is to put the best push stats on you can and farm at higher trials. I don't think there is a definitive right answer, so dealer's choice.
          I checked out the warrior leader board at the end of the event, and even the top bronze league finishers made different choices on whether to add XP or damage stats. If you go with damage stats you get a quick boost that helps out right away, but you lose out on the extra CL points that you will need in later trials. I am a "damage junkie," so I went with stats to boost damage. I'm thinking that since the rings are "use and lose" (at least in theory...), that I will add some XP for the next round. By the end of the bronze league, I had enough gemstones that I could have replaced my Ebox rings by crafting better damage rings for the final push, but I decided against doing that since I couldn't match the stats on my Ebox rings without spending a ton of gold. A few of the top finishers dropped their Ebox rings and crafted damage rings, so they could add enchantments (which you would not want to do with temporary Ebox jewelry).

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

so they could add enchantments (which you would not want to do with temporary Ebox jewelry).
            I enchanted my Ebox rings (Rage & Vigor) to push trough TL90. I would be really hard for an average player like me to craft perfect jewellery.

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
              Thanks BAgate. we have at least 3 step by step ANB guide...Nhat,Fendy & BAgate..wonderful
              I know, but as isaid i read them and did not understand half of it because of all abbreviatons, BAgate guide is different because even if used abbreviations are preceeded by full name of skill/level/stat. It helped me more than two other mentioned.
              SELI QUHA LAPU 4647

Comment

You did well!

You got further in the ANB than you have in your regular game. That's an accomplishment, because the mix of play changes above TL60 and especially above TL80. Straight damage beat down doesn't work and more play technique and some change out on stats starts.

All three of the above are good with differing focuses. It depends a bit on your style and starting gem position.

​​​​​​​I suspect you might be having an issue at the upper levels determining what is causing the issue. I still need to work on this but in Trials it roughly breaks down as follows:

1. If the timer runs out or nearly runs out, you need more Damage (DPS). Either in the form of weapon upgrades, attack speed, ability casting or playstyle
                2. If the Boss is whacking you with their big attack freuently, you need play style. Review Fendy's Boss tutorials.
                3. If the Boss is beating you down with their base attack, like Kara hits you and you fight back but she hits you again before you regain your health, you're low on Life on Hit. You can get it directly with Life of Hit (LoH) or Attack Speed (more attacks = more hits for existing LoH)
                4. If the Boss hits you and you can take it, but any secondary hit knocks you out, you're low on Toughness. You can increase it directly with Vitality or Armor.
                5. If engaging Mobs are beating you down, it gets more complex, DPS is a favorite as dead mob member quit hitting you, playstyle if you're running into additional mobs while avoiding attacks of 1st mob, Toughness in the form of Armor, Vitality,and for mobs Dodge and Parry rating if the individual normal attacks are causing the challenge.
                6. If elite members are causing the problem with their big attack (indicated by a glowing red spot, orange arrow etc), it's playstyle, you need to avoid and some Toughness as above. If a single quick hit knocks you out, I'd say increase toughness. If you're getting multiple hammers, work on getting out of there.
                7. If you just get beat down because the mob doesn't die, it's a combination playstyle and Damage (DPS) You need to focus multiple attacks (cast utilities like Rapid Fire and Snipe) with regular attacks on high value elite mob members to get them out of there.

General note: at higher level, the utilities become more important and your ability to cast them quickly and target them is more important. i.e. for my Bounty Hunter, Snipe usually is #1 or #2 in total damage in a trial.

​​​​​​​Good luck in Silver.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
                  You did well!

You got further in the ANB than you have in your regular game. That's an accomplishment, because the mix of play changes above TL60 and especially above TL80. Straight damage beat down doesn't work and more play technique and some change out on stats starts.

(...)

2. If the Boss is whacking you with their big attack freuently, you need play style. Review Fendy's Boss tutorials.
                  3. If the Boss is beating you down with their base attack, like Kara hits you and you fight back but she hits you again before you regain your health, you're low on Life on Hit. You can get it directly with Life of Hit (LoH) or Attack Speed (more attacks = more hits for existing LoH)
                  4. If the Boss hits you and you can take it, but any secondary hit knocks you out, you're low on Toughness. You can increase it directly with Vitality or Armor.
                  ​​​​​​
                  I got higher because My stats went higher. In standard game i have no +255 rings/necklace and no "near highest" stats weapons. I got whacked on Elban because of inability to run fast enough from his lifedrain (it always starts draining because it slows down) and on garm, hell know why as i am always staying inside blue ring, except when he blows it up, and always out ofhis special attacks (i got smacked by his regular "spits" when running away from his "ultimate").
                  SELI QUHA LAPU 4647

Comment

Originally posted by Piotr Składzień View Post

I got higher because My stats went higher. In standard game i have no +255 rings/necklace and no "near highest" stats weapons. I got whacked on Elban because of inability to run fast enough from his lifedrain (it always starts draining because it slows down) and on garm, hell know why as i am always staying inside blue ring, except when he blows it up, and always out ofhis special attacks (i got smacked by his regular "spits" when running away from his "ultimate").
                    Garm's spit packs a wallop of Damage over Time (DoT). DoT of death is what it is and it stacks. You need Hit Points (Vitality) and LoH to survive long enough to get into the blue ring. Elban's life drain is similar, if you can't run out of there, you need some more movement speed on either your Champion Points or Boots/Pants. Elban will suck anyone dry if you slog too slowly, but it also indicates a likely low hit points again pointing to a need for Vitality.

Looking at the leaderboards can be bit misleading as to what it takes to climb up. First, you can't separate PC from Mobile players. IMHO, mobile players need more Vitality and Life on Hit to survive a comparable level as the tap tap dance is is harder with a longer delay to get hit when casting your utilities. Secondly, the top of the leaderboards are very good with playstyle, particularly the Muhammad Ali style float like butterfly and sting like a bee. I like the following thread for showing clearly the stick and move playstyle that becomes more essential. https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-mage-gameplay

Again, JIMHO, the increase stats helps get further but starting about where you were at, you run out of the ability to gear upgrade or just power buff through the next level. You tune your damage and balance your toughness and recovery and improve reducing getting hit.

Comment

You need to have a good balance between LoH & Total Life. It's useless to have a total life of 30k and LoH of 3k as the life bar will be full in just 5 hits from 50%. Also having a huge life and low LoH will be as much useless as you would need a great number of hits to fill that up. Generally LoH around 2k with AS of 5.5+ is kinda ok

Comment

I found a way to post my stats from phone (i am mobile player):Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190226-112624.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	127824
                        SELI QUHA LAPU 4647

Comment

I found a way to post my stats from phone (i am mobile player):Click image for larger version

I'm not an expert on this but I think you have focused too much on power and haste and ignored a lot of other stats. AR, CR & CD are too low and you are basically crawling with the that movement speed. You may also try shedding may be some 200 odd points from LoH and give it to the other 3 stats.

May be FendyBt2 or some other expert can help you.

Comment

if you can post a screenie of your DPS sheet (character page) and skills page, maybe we can give you a better advice... based on this stats sheet alone I'd say you need more Ability Rate (AR), at least 42% is good for Warrior... and the most important stats for warrior is Vitality... if you die easily then you can't do anything about it... so get more Vitality so you can survive better... Life on Hit (LoH) is good for now... if you have 100k+ total life then you need around ~3k LoH... get Movement Speed (MS) on boots/pants... have a separate build for Experience (XP) and trial pusher... if you're pushing trial then don't use gears with XP... if you can get Critical Damage (CD) and Critical Rating (CR) on all gears including jewelries will be better... and use the Optimizer in my signature to optimize your Champion Points (CP)...
                            GEPU GANA HEPO 9200
                            --------------------------------------
                            See my endgame heroes build...
                            Boss skills info and how to fight boss... (VIDEOS)
                            New crafting system video and how to use it... (TUTORIAL)
                            How to make jewelry video... (TUTORIAL)
                            Read my Journey in “A New Beginning” event...
                            Watch more videos from my YouTube Eternium channel or make a video request here...

Comment

Additional: Two purple Deirdre's resolve (+Power and CD on both, one with +LoH Second +Vitality), Orange Pants and Tunic of Juggernaut (+Power,Armor, Haste on both, one with LoH second with CR), Purple Adventurer's Helmet, Gloves (+Haste, Power both, one with +Vitality, second +CD), Purple Adventurer's boots (+Parry, CD, Vitality),Orange Adventurer's Pads (+Armor, Ability Rate, LoH, Haste) and Orange Integralas Mantle (+Power, Ability, Armor, LoH), Some orange jewelries (this ones i have to change following https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG_B5Ykokb4&t=13s they have Haste, Vitality, Exp, CR, Power, Armor and CD.
                              CL as follows:
                              53/100 CR and CD, 50/50 LoH and Life% and 3/50 both Armor and Regen, 100/100 Ability and 6/50 Speed.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Piotr Składzień; 02-26-2019, 01:21 PM. Reason: Build Description.
                              SELI QUHA LAPU 4647

Comment

Working...
                              X