ANB #5: Gold League Plans and Prep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANB #5: Gold League Plans and Prep

Alright, so in Bronze League, I played Warrior.

In Silver League, I played BH.

In Gold League, I am seriously considering Mage.

Mostly for fun, and to be able to "say" I've done it. Although Mage was my first class, first 70, and first trial pusher, it has been quite awhile since I leveled one (I've played BH or Warrior in every ANB so far). For those of you Mage-primaries who are willing to share your thoughts:

What key skill levels make a difference? Should I be maxing AB, AL, and Singularity first, or a different three skills? Are there some which get a solid boost at rank 7 or something similar?

What CL range do you typically strive for before attempting 90?

Are there any big pitfalls you've encountered, or would suggest avoiding?

I am quite possibly going to craft up a purple Apprentice set on my non-event Mage, equip a CLB Muk/Necro/Integralas, take myself down to CL ~700 worth of points, and start practicing 90 to get a basic idea of what this will feel like. Not much else to do over the next week besides getting my gem supply back up over 5k again.

Thanks in advance for any answers/insight!

I have always gone for Blizzard, Immolate and AB/AL first, followed by other skills. Blink at level 7 is pretty decent with only 1 additional second compared to level 10. Same goes for Singularity, level 7 is probably enough for early game play.

I've seen people beating trial 90 at 550-600 CL with full damage Ephemeral rings/necklace, so you can consider getting to roughly that CL before attempting 90.

So far I haven't encountered any pitfalls. It's been good.

With some practice, you should be good to go
    YOCU REGO JASE 0953
    Sanctum

Top 10 Mage on Active Leaderboard
    T135 Regalia, T132 Apprentice

Top 10 in ANB 4
    Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

Agree with Sanctum. AL is the most important normal attack. AB is very helpful until the endgame.
      Blizzard and Singularity the most important utilitys.
      Blink at 7 is enough. When you can't get it to 10, don't waste time in leveling and let it be one 10.
      The passives on 7/8 are enough, until you have your other important spells at 10.
      left the game

Comment

Sweet I'll most likely push to 70 as fast as possible on day 1, insta-leveling everything up to 5 and then chill for 3-4 days upgrading over time. Farm enough gold and mats to get the gear under control, and then XP farm.

Still trying to decide whether I'll make XP Ephemerals, or a Teardrop XP set to save the Ephemerals for an overpowered final push. I can simulate both on my regular Mage, so I should be able to get it sorted well in advance.

Comment

Sanctum can tell you what's the problem with xp ephemerals

I made endgame jewelry with them and made for xp farming some purple jewelry. After I reached level 70/80 and had a celestial, I did the whole time use the endgame ephemerals. I got about the same xp in total per level, but got better books of learning and gear drops because I played around 20 trials higher then.
          left the game

Comment

Yeah this was similar to my experience in Bronze on Warrior. The short amount of time in Gold is what is making me indecisive. I really only care about hitting 90, but it would be nice to be able to push into the top 50.

Comment

Based on what I experienced, it's likely XP Ephemerals are worth it only if you intend to make a separate full DPS trial pushing rings/necklace to push trials.
              YOCU REGO JASE 0953
              Sanctum

Top 10 in ANB 4
              Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

Dont do what i do.:

Definitely agree that using your eboxes to push higher is better.

On a serious note, having played Mage in both Bronze and Silver, here's my observations. Gotta get through the TL50/60 range asap for both Books of Learning and improved gear drops. Horde your Apprentice gear that drops Pre-level 70. Level up AB along with AL. RNG wasn't my friend in both Bronze and Silver I would pick up level 50 or so Apprentice helm or pants then seemingly hit a dearth of Apprentice gear to TL70ish. Lots of Adventurer gear and lots of Arcanist gear. Lots of chest pieces dropping. Short supply everything else. So have your secondary plan in case you need to cobble together mix-gear or an Arcanist set.

Also plan your crafting carefully, due to Mage, you will find you are short supply of Earth essences for crafting Enchantments for push.

I suspect all those issues would resolve by getting through to TL70 faster allowing farming in TL70s/80s.

And most importantly, Movement Speed. Coming off of a warrior and BH, a Mage is slow.
                Last edited by NoSuchReality; 03-08-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

BTW, I don't 'spose anyone checkout out the 30-50 range on the BH board before the event ended. Got stuck in work drama and unsure if I stayed in the top 50, was #30-31 last time I checked with 2 hours left.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                    BTW, I don't 'spose anyone checkout out the 30-50 range on the BH board before the event ended. Got stuck in work drama and unsure if I stayed in the top 50, was #30-31 last time I checked with 2 hours left.
                    Didn't count exactly, but you're 70th all-classes. Well within the top 50 BH.

Interestingly, there are 51 BHs in the top 100, 25 wars, and 24 mages. Looking at the boards throughout the week, in the first few days BHs were over 60. I don't know enough about them to say anything for certain, but it seems they quite a bit quicker to get up to speed. So maybe the best choice in Gold if going for TL90 (assuming you know how to play one, obviously) , but probably the toughest if aiming for a high LB spot.

Comment

BHs are quicker in terms of movement speed, and they have got skills which are quick with high burst damage so they can easily kill bosses and progress to higher trial levels. Playing a mage with approximately 1000 CL on average for Silver League, it is gonna be difficult to breach the 110 level mark.
                      YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                      Sanctum

Top 10 in ANB 4
                      Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

Thank you, Buppy.

Sanctum 's BH assessment is accurate.

Looks like I'll be making XP jewelry and saving the Ephemerals for the push. Lots of 5-star-ing levels and watching bad TV show previews for the next week, alongside some crafting and testing.

Comment

Following topic, also wanting to try Mage after only playing BH for ANB's. Although, now that they've announced Bronze 2 so soon, I may just go BH to ensure my best chance at TL 90 and then try out a Mage in Bronze 2.
                          Aussie Warrior

MOQU LUQI JUZO 1838

Comment

I've got so many CLB Hailstorms at this point... I've even been salvaging them...

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                              Thank you, Buppy.

Sanctum 's BH assessment is accurate.

Looks like I'll be making XP jewelry and saving the Ephemerals for the push. Lots of 5-star-ing levels and watching bad TV show previews for the next week, alongside some crafting and testing.
                              I'll probably be doing this too.
                              YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                              Sanctum

Top 10 in ANB 4
                              Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

Working...
                              X