ANB #5: Gold League Plans and Prep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright 28 hours to go...

5-star-ing has worked out well, I've gone from ~800 gems this time last week to ~4400 gems. Should have no trouble getting to at least 6k over the course of Gold, giving me a little more than I've used in previous leagues. 100 gems/day boost will last through next Friday.

New rewards for Gold League are now showing. I see some tweaks have been made; more leveling rewards, the Celestial from 70 moved to 75. Yellow medals, finally!

Still maxing out Bronze and Silver League character skills. Crafted a new Extra Gold Assault suit for my BHs. Getting ready for another "perfect" jewelry set after Gold League ends, probably something without V this time, for use with a full Celestial suit.

Getting a little less rusty with Mage. The button mashing habit I'm used to on Warrior and BH keeps Blinking me into groups of mobs. I'm sure I'll settle down with a bit more practice.

These Miller Lite St Patrick's Day ads are killing me. And I thought the bad TV show previews were gross. Still not as disturbing as the "Emperor and Beauties" ads from December, at any rate!
    Last edited by Trouble; 03-14-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

What?!? No Emperor and Beauties ads flashing a bbig Mate Mate Mate while sitting in Starbucks?

TL75, hmmm. I hit TL70 right before six hours. My gems rebuilt to 3000 and i have no.use for a third Mage. To play or skip tis the question.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
        What?!? No Emperor and Beauties ads flashing a bbig Mate Mate Mate while sitting in Starbucks?

TL75, hmmm. I hit TL70 right before six hours. My gems rebuilt to 3000 and i have no.use for a third Mage. To play or skip tis the question.
        LOL.

Considering the rewards, why not play ANB, if you're playing Eternium at all over the next week? Might as well at least grab the easy CLBs and improve a set you're already working on.

Comment

NoSuchReality Even if I wouldn't be able to get celestials in the time, I safe would try to get as much 'prizes' as possible without spending more gems than to unlock abilitys and companion places.
          XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Warrior: Outlaw - TL114 - Top 20
          Mage: Outlaw - TL119 - Top 20
          BH: Outlaw - TL118 - Top 50

Not english born, so sorry for bad grammar.

Comment

Well, I've actually be playing very casually this week. Low level trials (TL60), practicing mob pulls, casting abilities to wipe out, etc. Practicing low level trials with lower stats to improve. Opening enough ad boxes during the low level trial that the Ads take longer than the level. Very relaxed playing. Total opposite of League. It feels pretty good.

Comment

...not really sure what's making this event 'gold' other than a few more crafting crates. Kinda disappointed actually

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
                ...not really sure what's making this event 'gold' other than a few more crafting crates. Kinda disappointed actually
                Bronze, Silver, Gold,
                Nationals, Olympic Trials, Olympics
                FIFA Regionals, World Cup Group, Would Cup final 16.?
                Tee ball, Little League, High School Baseball might be fairest.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
                  Bronze, Silver, Gold,
                  Nationals, Olympic Trials, Olympics
                  FIFA Regionals, World Cup Group, Would Cup final 16.?
                  Tee ball, Little League, High School Baseball might be fairest.
                  Yeah...I was just expecting better prizes though. Especially with the six hour time limit

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post

Yeah...I was just expecting better prizes though. Especially with the six hour time limit
                    I thought that the time limit is the only thing that would change. It make every league a bit harder than the last. I'm a little bit surprised that we get now a few other prizes.
                    XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Comment

Would be interesting to see if the thresholds for Silver/Gold change in the next iteration, like t55 for Silver, t75 for Gold. Can't wait to see how many entries there are in Gold by the end of next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                        Would be interesting to see if the thresholds for Silver/Gold change in the next iteration, like t55 for Silver, t75 for Gold. Can't wait to see how many entries there are in Gold by the end of next week.
                        I want to see the exact same things haha
                        Don't care about the LB's - want to see the difference between Silver and Gold
                        XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

There is AR and V on two jewelry pieces, some AR on the cape. V from the Celestial. 1184 AR (44%) plus 26/95 Integralas.

Finished 90 with 2:06 left on the first try. Not spectacular, but doable. Walking out of Gold League with two more Celestials is the priority; this was just a test to make sure I can do 90 even if I only get junk from drops and random set boxes.

I have not worn purple gear on a Mage in years. Mostly just trying to get a feel for not being overpowered.

So for Gold, the plan looks like:

2 hours getting to 70, trial 60, and boosted TBD Farm.

3 hours XP farming 60, moving up to 80.

1 hour push.
                          Revisiting this, how's it handle Garm? Or you nuking Elban and skipping Garm?

I'm running 781K front damage, 40% cooldown reduction, I'll pound away on Garm casting blizzard,blink, frostbolt and barely dent him.Literally, I'll blast away for a minute or two and dent him 10-25% at best.

You saving the blinks for an orange zone blizzard freeze?

Comment

To be honest, I have not really pushed Mage too far since trials got changed and CLs added. I only did t90 to test it out.

This said, I typically choose where Garm (or any boss) spawns by leaving an elite group sitting next to the correct terrain feature, and backtracking to it when I am close to completion. With Garm, I am still working on the best positioning to overlap the auras consistently, as I do typically try to clear Magroth, Elban, or Kara with enough time to skip the dragons. I dislike the stuns and insta-death breath attacks.

I've considered swapping out Blizzard for Time Warp to maximize burn phases with my Blink clones, but I have not gotten around to testing it out yet. I suspect it will make the fights much easier, but it does rely on consistent, hard DPS from Singularity and basic attacks.

All of this said, I believe one of the goals behind Kara and Garm was to make us adjust our approach, and not use the same build for all bosses. Both bosses are pretty serious gear-checks, with Garm being the more difficult of the two. I don't think Frost Bolt spike damage is the answer for Garm, there is just too much health and too short of a window for short-term freezes to help very much. Fireball/Meteor proc would be ideal, but the damage is just sooooooo low.
                            Last edited by Trouble; 03-15-2019, 01:15 AM.

Comment

I don't know how to explain because my english isn't good enough when it comes to writing. But I'm sure that Sanctum would be so kind to explain where to spawn garm as best and how to use blink against him
                              XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                                I don't know how to explain because my english isn't good enough when it comes to writing. But I'm sure that Sanctum would be so kind to explain where to spawn garm as best and how to use blink against him
                                OH, for sure. I just always insist on doing things the hard way!

Comment

Working...
                                X