No announcement yet.

ANB #5: Gold League Plans and Prep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok ok. So, first point, which is pretty generell in fighting Garm: You have to summon Garm on a Side of the Map, or better, in an 'arm' of the Map. In this case, the blue and orange circle will overlap more often.
    I always blink into the blue circle after his poison *breath. As soon as this poison nova is done, I do my secoond blink into the orange circle. I will stay in this circle until he does his poison breath. After this, I wait for my next blinks until he made his 'After shock' attack. When he finishes this attack, he pretty much repeat his attacks and I repeat mine too.

I use the blue circle everytime, when I know, that his poison nova will come. After that, I try everything to stay in the orange circles. I don't want my 'blink clones' to die in his after shock attacks. I have always a look on this when i spawn them.

Hopefully that's anyway helpful
    Last edited by Outlaw; 03-15-2019, 01:23 AM.
    XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Warrior: Outlaw - TL114 - Top 20
    Mage: Outlaw - TL119 - Top 20
    BH: Outlaw - TL118 - Top 50

Not english born, so sorry for bad grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
      Ok ok. So, first point, which is pretty generell in fighting Garm: You have to summon Garm on a Side of the Map, or better, in an 'arm' of the Map. In this case, the blue and orange circle will overlap more often.
      I always blink into the blue circle after his poison nova. As soon as this poison nova is done, I do my secoond blink into the orange circle. I will stay in this circle until he does his poison breath. After this, I wait for my next blinks until he made his 'After shock' attack. When he finishes this attack, he pretty much repeat his attacks and I repeat mine too.

I use the blue circle everytime, when I know, that his poison nova will come. After that, I try everything to stay in the orange circles. I don't want my 'blink clones' to die in his after shock attacks. I have always a look on this when i spawn them.

Yeah the confirmation helps. On BH and Warrior I typically do the same thing. Mage is just more painful with longer fights, less room for error. I would have made 104 in Silver, 99 in Bronze except for making a dumb mistake/not being ready for unexpected behavior near the end of the fight vs Garm and running out of clock by the time I had Garm down the second time in the same run.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

Yeah the confirmation helps. On BH and Warrior I typically do the same thing. Mage is just more painful with longer fights, less room for error. I would have made 104 in Silver, 99 in Bronze except for making a dumb mistake/not being ready for unexpected behavior near the end of the fight vs Garm and running out of clock by the time I had Garm down the second time in the same run.
        So what are you taking in Gold? Do you know already?
        XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Comment

Thanks, I did some further experimenting. Need my listen to my own advice, I had swapped gear to apprentice and dropped movement from boots. how many times have I said Movement Speed?

Dropped my damage back to 500K, still can't do it but I think I see it now.
          Last edited by NoSuchReality; 03-15-2019, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
            Thanks, I did some further experimenting. Need my own advice, I had swapped gear to apprentice and dropped movement from boots. how many times have I said Movement Speed?

Dropped my damage back to 500K, still can't do it but I think I see it now.
            In my gameplay and in the way I manage mobs, I couldn't stay alive if I'm much slower than 23/24 feet p.s.
            XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Comment

So what are you taking in Gold? Do you know already?
              Yeah, I am going to go all out on Mage and try to get into the top 50 in each class this ANB. The only real goal is completing 90 and getting my Celestials, but I may as well give it shot. I don't need to be #1, but top 50 in each would be nice.

Anyone who walks into a global competition NOT expecting to get humiliated by 5-year olds from another country has unrealistic expectations, IMO.

;p

Also, my wife has already squirelled off to another game, so I DO have a second account with a gold ticket I have the ability to test things on after my account hits 70, while I level up skills for a couple days. But does she really deserve more free Celestials?
              Last edited by Trouble; 03-15-2019, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I also will play mage (Arcanist)..not intent to be at ANB Gold LB..just happily build by opening/ upgrading skills vs minions...thus can play it step by step after ANB ends as my 5th hero...
                Warrior - DW Trial 110 -Matrempit -9:53 (PC only)
                BH (Assault) -Trial 101 -8:28 (PC only with Gaming Mouse)

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
                  I also will play mage (Arcanist)..not intent to be at ANB Gold LB..just happily build by opening/ upgrading skills vs minions...thus can play it step by step after ANB ends as my 5th hero...
                  That's a nice idea too
                  XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Comment

I always blink into the blue circle after his poison *breath. As soon as this poison nova is done, I do my secoond blink into the orange circle. I will stay in this circle until he does his poison breath. After this, I wait for my next blinks until he made his 'After shock' attack. When he finishes this attack, he pretty much repeat his attacks and I repeat mine too.

Well said Outlaw. I do this exact thing too against Garm.
                    YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                    Sanctum

Ranked 17 on Active LB [Trial 119] CL2030
                    Ranked 10 in ANB 4
                    Ranked 13 in ANB 5 Bronze

Comment

I'm assuming you're going for DR over muk? I know it's better dps but I love the play style with muk.
                      Aussie Warrior

MOQU LUQI JUZO 1838

Comment

I love my Mukraiser. Will probably go for it again this Gold League.
                        YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                        Sanctum

Ranked 17 on Active LB [Trial 119] CL2030
                        Ranked 10 in ANB 4
                        Ranked 13 in ANB 5 Bronze

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperize View Post
                          I'm assuming you're going for DR over muk? I know it's better dps but I love the play style with muk.
                          Oh, most definitely Mukraiser. The toads are quite nice, and so is the high average damage.

Comment

Hi all, at the end I decided to play Gold league with BH, trying something new (I has played Mage in Bronze, Warrior in Silver). Checking the forum, I can't see many guides related to BH for ANB. Any advice that I have to do? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
                              Hi all, at the end I decided to play Gold league with BH, trying something new (I has played Mage in Bronze, Warrior in Silver). Checking the forum, I can't see many guides related to BH for ANB. Any advice that I have to do? Thank you in advance.
                              The path and principles are about the same. The main thing to strive for, and craft if needed, is a full Assault or Stalker set, as soon as possible. Where Warrior just needs Shockwave rank 10 to win, Mage and BH direly need their set bonus. If you can afford companions, Endar, Robin, and Eileen work out quite well, as Eileen's Vortex maximizes your Snipe efficiency and helps burn down big pulls very quickly. I highly recommend using the two custom legendary boxes to make two Hailstorms. In terms of stats, BH needs a bit more Toughness than Mage, but doesn't need as much damage; for example a 500k/100k Mage and a 400k/200k BH are fairly equal (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

The path and principles are about the same. The main thing to strive for, and craft if needed, is a full Assault or Stalker set, as soon as possible. Where Warrior just needs Shockwave rank 10 to win, Mage and BH direly need their set bonus. If you can afford companions, Endar, Robin, and Eileen work out quite well, as Eileen's Vortex maximizes your Snipe efficiency and helps burn down big pulls very quickly. I highly recommend using the two custom legendary boxes to make two Hailstorms. In terms of stats, BH needs a bit more Toughness than Mage, but doesn't need as much damage; for example a 500k/100k Mage and a 400k/200k BH are fairly equal (IMO).
                                Thanks very much for your advice and sorry for a silly question, can Vortex improve Snipe efficiency? I used to use Vortex with Heatseekers but not with Snipe because I think Snipe should have single-target, not damage-area effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X