Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using 9 celestial boxes

Howdy all,

So I am trying to glean some advice from this community. What stats would people recommend to put on all 9 celestial boxes when creating a complete hero? Does it change depending on category?

I copy the guys at the top of the leader board.

Comment

This is something which will receive a different answer from anyone you ask.

Personally, I start by looking at my stat targets, based on what is needed for high trials and the class. Then I consider which stats I will need a great amount of. These are what I start stacking on my jewelry. Keep in mind some stats are better on gear (LoH) , some are better on jewelry (primary stats) , and some are best taken as Brilliant gemstones (armor). Also keep in mind some stats are only available on specific pieces (movement, block/parry/dodge), some important on every piece (CD), and some can be gained via enchantments.

Once my "perfect" jewelry is made and equipped, I would next start adding in the Celestial pieces.

For the sake of argument, let's say I want to make a Defender Warrior suit and SHOW THE WORLD WHAT TRUE AWESOME LOOKS LIKE. What do I know before I start?

First off, I've got my max-skill 70 Warrior, Hugemistake, ready for gearing.

Next, I have decided I know the real secrets, and will be pioneering the new meta with my patented Bouncy Chain Pull build, featuring Mad Yo-Yo Skillz® and the Armoured Toad Zerg.

Frenzy/Cleave

Shield Block+Deadly Throw+Leap

Celerity+Sword And Board+Power Infusion

Eileen+Marcus+Norgrim

(examples are demonstrative, put your calculator away)

I will get a ton of V from the Celestials.

I will need a ton of H, CR, AR, and LoH.

I need CD on every piece.

Maximizing my Block chance will help a great deal (Encrypted Shield procs, Sword and Board, Defender Set bonuses, overall tankiness)

Armor has dimishing returns, but will be important, especially on shield. (Sword and Board+Deadly Throw, Defender set bonuses, overall tankiness)

I max out my CL points in everything except P and H.

I start by making AR/CD/CR+H jewelry.

Next I make pants and boots with MS/CD/CR/LOH

Next I make Gloves and an Integralas with Block/CD/H/P

Three more armor pieces with CD/LoH/H/P

Mukraiser with CD/CR/LoH/P

Encrypted Shield with CD/Block/Armor/LoH

Enchant up my gear. 100 block on gloves, 250 armor on shield, RotS on weapon, Ferocity on shoulder. My chest and rings have some choices, based on what I still need. Probably 400 LoH on chest, 100 CR on each ring.

Socket a Diamond into the Shield, finishing out the rest of my sockets as needed with other gemstones to round out my target stats, or just stack power.

Dump the rest of my CL points into enough H to hit my attacks/second target, the rest goes into Power.

Hopefully this makes sense!
      Last edited by Trouble; 03-09-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Trouble , that is amazing and insightful, never would have thought about using a complete defender set. What TL can you achieve with that set up as you described?

Comment

I should also explain, I have never broken TL100 with any class.

Comment

The example build is high-quality satire, and presented purely for illustrative purposes. It would actually work well, and be fun to play, but you wouldn't make it to the top of the ladder.
            ​​​​​
            Try just equipping the skills and herding a whole map, it'll make more sense.
            Last edited by Trouble; 03-09-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
              This is something which will receive a different answer from anyone you ask.

Also keep in mind some stats are only available on specific pieces (movement, block/parry/dodge)
              I never realized block, parry and dodge were item-restricted (although I noticed that my block chance goes to ZERO unless I am also equipping a shield). So, what items can I put them on (should I ever want to, because whatever...)?

Comment

Normally Gloves and Capes, weapon (parry?) /shield(block? )(IIRC). Custom item boxes allow you to put them on anything, I believe (except jewelry). Thanks for pointing this out!
                Last edited by Trouble; 03-09-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Trouble ..my 5th hero (just recently add) is a shield warrior..you just save me from lots of trouble of how to upgrade it ..I just copy from above..
                  Warrior - DW Trial 110 -Matrempit -9:53 (PC only)
                  BH (Assault) -Trial 101 -8:28 (PC only with Gaming Mouse)

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
                    Trouble ..my 5th hero (just recently add) is a shield warrior..you just save me from lots of trouble of how to upgrade it ..I just copy from above..
                    I'm pretty sure at the moment 4 Adventurer+2 Juggernaught is still better than Defender, overall, even for single weapon+shield builds. There is always hope things will improve when we get a balance patch.

The overall build itself is quite a bit of fun, but I would not advise dumping any real wealth or Celestials into it at this point. The approach and stat allocation outlined in my post is mostly sound; the build (skills, companions) itself is just hilarious.

There is no Rending Slash, Battle Rage, or Shockwave in the build. Use at your own risk.
                    Last edited by Trouble; 03-10-2019, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Offensive builds are performing always better in trial pushing than defensive builds.
                      Defensives builds are way easier to play (IMO) as long as you can beat the trial within the 10 min timer - But you can't beat trials that high within the timer, like you can with an offensive build.
                      XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Warrior: Outlaw - TL114 - Top 20
                      Mage: Outlaw - TL119 - Top 20
                      BH: Outlaw - TL118 - Top 50

Not english born, so sorry for bad grammar.

Comment

Absolutely. The nice thing about defensive builds is being able to tank the entire map. You can progress for sure, but you're never going have the best time on record.
                        ​​​​​​
                        Leap was much more fun when it dragged all the mobs nearby with you as you leaped. A similar build used to be viable for dual weild using In the Zone and high Parry chance to make your cooldown instant, effectively giving you permanent ITZ and nonstop Leap (as long as you were being attacked).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

I never realized block, parry and dodge were item-restricted (although I noticed that my block chance goes to ZERO unless I am also equipping a shield). So, what items can I put them on (should I ever want to, because whatever...)?
                          Im making experiments on this and noticed that parry can only be put in capes , weapons and can be enchanted on gloves . I tried crafting to other pieces but its not available . I tried to first craft with weapon and put the parry stat ,after change to boots and press craft , the result was not parry but other stats. As for dodge you can put on any gear. As for block Im not experimenting it since it only shows when you have a shield.

With celestial box is different, I experimented (bronze league) on a celestial item(chest piece ) which on legendary shouldn't have parry .I was confident that it would just turn to box after the event after all haha. And so I noticed that you can put parry on any item with any celestials. I think same goes for the other stats
                          Last edited by aveanjinx; 03-10-2019, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Trouble Just a simple quibble with your choice of weapon. As a shield warrior, you want maximum block triggers. So having meatshield doesn’t really fit that meta.
                            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
                              Trouble Just a simple quibble with your choice of weapon. As a shield warrior, you want maximum block triggers. So having meatshield doesn’t really fit that meta.
                              For sure. As much as I was cracking myself up at the time, I should know better than to provide a joke example in a real answer to a honest question. The Leap every 2 seconds would get in the way of blocking, too.

If anyone wants to actually make a Defender set-up, a real build is:

RENDING SLASH / Frenzy
                              Shockwave+Deadly Throw+ Battle Rage (or Shield Block)
                              Celerity+Sword and Board+Power Infusion

Three Archer companions for max Disengages

Diedres+Encrypted Shield+Integralas

The stat allocations on gear I previously presented are pretty accurate, although you may or may not want Block Rating on the gloves/cape, would be just fine with P, H, or CR instead.

Also note this was a pure Celestial build; using Legendaries means you have to cut other stats to add Vitality.
                              Last edited by Trouble; 03-10-2019, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X