Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to better manage mobs when playing warrior?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to better manage mobs when playing warrior?

Play on mobile and just want to get other's opinion.
    I usually hit dodge, run a bit, then utilize skills when ready. But a single off timing can cost you instant kill. Is there a trick to do better?

Also, I currently have below stats, what improvements can be done?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019_0310_184143.png
Views:	290
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	129666

Cheers!
    Mobile Player
    Altheo (M) TL109 ¦ Carlisle (XM) TL104
    (and 2 more heroes at TL101)

Playin via pc I always make sure my total life >160K..less stressful IMO..mobile?.. dunno
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 03-10-2019, 11:17 AM.
    Warrior - DW Trial 110 -Matrempit -9:53 (PC only)
    BH (Assault) -Trial 101 -8:28 (PC only with Gaming Mouse)

Comment

Use the archers freeze.Push the mobs on archers by the wave.
      Last edited by Dyoma; 03-10-2019, 01:59 PM.
      King of Android play
      NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

Originally posted by Dyoma View Post
        Use the archers freeze.Push the mobs on archers by the wave.
        Yes, if you use Shockwave to push mobs toward your archers, the archers will freeze them buying you some time. I also boost Ability Rate to decrease the amount of time between your ability to use utilities. My cooldown reduction is around 48%, so if you play it just right you can recharge your utilities while moving between mobs. I agree with TheExorcist that if you are dying in trials, you probably need more total life or Vitality. I traded some damage to improve life, and I was able to push through TL92 without having to use healing potions. Unfortunately, giving up the damage slowed me down, and I finished off Elban with only 5 seconds left on the timer.

Your damage stats look great, but your armor looks a bit low for surviving higher level trials. What passive are you using, Tough as Nails or Endurance? Your total life is high, so you might want to try Tough as Nails to see if that helps. Your other option is to boost LOH. I have 4531 LOH on my TL92 warrior and that number becomes even more important at higher level trials.

I also keep my utilities in the same position for all of my different warriors, so my brain is hardwired to draw the runes quickly. I typically activate Battle Fury, Deadly Throw, and then Shockwave. For me Deadly Throw seems to recharge faster, so I can often get in an extra throw before Battle Fury recharges. On elite mobs, I often will cast Deadly Throw from a distance to weaken them a bit. By casting DT and then moving around the mob you can avoid arrows and charges before moving in with your primary attack.

I am still trying to assess whether Rending Slash or Frenzy is the better primary attack. It feels like switching between the two works best, so I usually start with Rending Slash to activate DOT and then follow up with Frenzy on stubborn mobs that refuse to die. Shockwave can be deployed as a single hit or a double hit, so you sort of have to gauge whether you can get the freeze on just one hit or whether you need to double up. Somewhere around Trial 85+, I usually just go with a double hit to weaken the elite mobs for my primary attack.

Comment

Your stats look good overall. You could increase your hit rate without running into diminishing returns.

I posted this a while back as a Kara example. Also works as an example on how to control mobs with your archers.

In the higher trial levels healers seem to give me the most problem and suck up a lot of time. I have found two helpful techniques to get those healers cleared.
          1.) Try and link stuns back to back so they don't have a chance to heal.
          2.) Pull in additional mobs (non healers) and spam your aoe abilities, and try to stun/freeze as often as possible. Seems like the healers will focus on healing the group over having some self preservation.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post
            I posted this a while back as a Kara example. Also works as an example on how to control mobs with your archers.
            Great video; your attack strategy is really efficient! What is your attack speed? It looks really fast on the video...

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

Great video; your attack strategy is really efficient! What is your attack speed? It looks really fast on the video...
              I am not sure what my exact speed was for this video, I typically keep it somewhere in the 7.90 - 7.99 hits/sec.

Comment

Thanks for all the insights. I play on mobile only. Currently done TL101, have not pursued (got 2 archers, haven't unlocked the 3rd companion slot) higher, I'm still figuring out how to deal with mobs.
                My stat damage looks ok, but I die pretty fast. I will probably try adding more AR, I need to spam SW more I guess for this build and yeah, LoH.
                And yeah, I do that all the time, SW on archers to freeze the mobs but if other mobs got pulled and they recover at the same time then I am dead.

On the other hand, I am trying another build, a shield type. I will post updates and the stats I have using that build. And I will try to get another archer, can't spend gems yet. (we still have gold league)

Edit1: As promised, this is the other build I was testing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019_0313_181703.png
Views:	120
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	130117
                Last edited by Altheo 42; 03-13-2019, 10:18 AM.
                Mobile Player

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post
                  Your stats look good overall. You could increase your hit rate without running into diminishing returns.

In the higher trial levels healers seem to give me the most problem and suck up a lot of time. I have found two helpful techniques to get those healers cleared.
                  1.) Try and link stuns back to back so they don't have a chance to heal.
                  2.) Pull in additional mobs (non healers) and spam your aoe abilities, and try to stun/freeze as often as possible. Seems like the healers will focus on healing the group over having some self preservation.
                  It seems dying is inevitable. Great video. And you are playing pc right? I still haven't got the last Endar so yeah, I can still pump hit rate. Also, it seems 2 mob groups is really our limit, just got to work how fast I clear them.

Btw, you didn't show the stats, I'm curious on what is your Hp and AR level. Do you mind sharing? Thanks.
                  Last edited by Altheo 42; 03-13-2019, 10:19 AM.
                  Mobile Player

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post

It seems dying is inevitable. Great video. And you are playing pc right? I still haven't got the last Endar so yeah, I can still pump hit rate. Also, it seems 2 mob groups is really our limit, just got to work how fast I clear them.

Btw, you didn't show the stats, I'm curious on what is your Hp and AR level. Do you mind sharing? Thanks.

Yep, I am PC - but the mechanics should transfer from platform to platform.

When I did the video I running two less celestial items and 35-40 less champion points.

I am in the process of reducing my ability rate in exchange for CR/LoH/VIT.
                    My goal is to run about 45% CR, have somewhere around 3900 LoH, and get my health around 200K. Hopefully leaving my AR in the 45% range.
                    All this to try and clear trial 113 quick enough to skip 114 and onto 115 (Kara).

Two mobs is about as much as I want to handle. I don't want to risk pulling in healers if/when they can be avoided.

Comment

Congrats Spyclown..you can maintain Power 4.5K with AS nearly 8...you are a great Player
                      Warrior - DW Trial 110 -Matrempit -9:53 (PC only)
                      BH (Assault) -Trial 101 -8:28 (PC only with Gaming Mouse)

Comment

Working...
                      X