Mobile ANB class/set selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile ANB class/set selection

Hello! I've been playing on mobile for a while but recently I've started looking into optimizing my class/set for ANBs.

Normally I'd play a hunter with Assault but I'm really questioning whether I should use Stalker; it feels a bit stronger, probably because I'm not using Rapid Shots at every opportunity.

I've also had a similar experience with mage, apprentice doesn't seem to be a lot better than arcanist for me.

One reason might be that I'm terrible at pulling; unless with warrior, I often die so I usually revert to group by group.

So do you think that, for mobile, I should stick with a hunter assault/stalker going group by group, warrior to do pulls, or something else (maybe I should just learn to pull)?

Stalker for mobile if you stick with BH. Pull 4-6 groups if you can.

Warrior at higher trials pull utmost 2 groups (depends on your toughness really).

For Mage, well you just need to move. And circle the mob so they stay at immolate area if you use blink type. If you use the frost beam type, pull 4-6 mobs, release blizzard, singularity then fire frost beam and then repeat.
    Mobile Player
    Altheo (M) ¦ Eijol (DW) ¦ Ratot (BH)

Comment

For mobile, most players go with the Stalker set up. I play on both mobile and PC, and I use Stalker for both to get the bonus snipe attacks which trigger automatically without having to draw the runes. I did not really see the benefit of using the Assault set up on my PC, since I change platforms frequently and my playing style has adapted to using Stalker. Both of my mages are in the trial 90+ range, so I have not felt the need to master pulling mobs yet. I usually can beat the trial clock by just attacking one or two mobs at a time, knock them out quickly and move on. You want to upgrade your Snipe ability to level 10 and maximize the CL points to Critical Damage to get the most out of those bonus snipes. Also Stalker gives a boost to piercing ammo, so make sure that you equip that passive skill and level it up as well.

Not sure what trial level you are currently running, but if you are dying you are probably pulling too many attackers for your current life rating. You can try adding emerald gemstones to gear or using Tough as Nails or Endurance to boost your survival chances. Warrior gear has higher armor ratings, especially with a shield, so that is probably why you are not dying as much with a warrior. Also keep in mind that BHs and Mages are designed for a "stick and move" attack style, so if you stand in one place very long you will be taking too much damage. If you like to stand "toe to toe" with the mobs, then Warrior is your best bet.

For a mage, Apprentice gives you the bonus Immolate burn (which also triggers automatically). If you are not seeing the benefit, make sure that you upgrade the Immolate ability to level 10. I also feel like arc lightning triggers the bonus immolate burn faster than other primary attacks, but I have not seen any data to back that up. I have tried multiple set ups for Mage, but both of my Mages use full sets of Apprentice Gear with Singularity, Blizzard, and Frost Beam. For larger or tougher mobs, I use Eileen's vortex to pull the mob into a tight grouping followed by blizzard and frost beam to crush them. My passive skills are Celerity, Power Infusion, and Glass Canon.

If you provide your hero's gear stats, abilities, and trial level, people can give you a better idea what you can do specifically to upgrade your performance.

Comment

JIMHO, It depends on what TL you're clearing in main account and what level you're targeting for ANB. On Mobile, I prefer Stalker for BH and Apprentice for Mage. In mid-tiers, I find either a 4/2 Arc/Apprent or full Arcanist set up more powerful. Apprentice seems to leverage better once you get your abilities and cooldown cranked up high. The Assault/Stalker power differences seem to be outweighed by the need for closeness issue with Assualt which on mobile is a little trickier. Early it's hard to beat the extra damage on Assault.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback!

Sounds like stalker would fit my playstyle better; do you use lethal shots?

On my main (BH assault around 1k CL) I cleared 93 a while ago but I'm not really pushing these days. For ANB I'm hitting ~80 so my goal is to hit 90 for that second celestial.

Have been hoarding the legendary cubes instead of using them within anb but I think I now have enough stored!

Comment

Originally posted by falsedot View Post
            Thanks for all the feedback!

Sounds like stalker would fit my playstyle better; do you use lethal shots?
            Yes, lethal shots for single targets like bosses or elites and explosive shot for tightly grouped mobs. If you pull the mob into a tight formation using Elieen's Vortex then you get more damage from explosive shot.

Comment

Awesome, cant wait for the next anb!

Comment

Hold on! Lots of things are bound to change once the new 1.4.1 patch goes live!

Comment

I had been running a BH using a mixed set of 4 Stalker and 2 Assault.

Last night, I bit the bullet and crafted my two missing Stalker pieces. I was simply amazed at the results!

I sometimes test a certain build of gear by going to an "auto attack" story (like "Out of Nowhere") and click once on the attacking monsters. I do this so that I can watch how my character works with no intervention (no companion activation; no Sniping, etc; at a Normal Level, so no Potions/Apples needed). (Currently at ~300,000. damage.)

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                    I had been running a BH using a mixed set of 4 Stalker and 2 Assault.

Last night, I bit the bullet and crafted my two missing Stalker pieces. I was simply amazed at the results!

I sometimes test a certain build of gear by going to an "auto attack" story (like "Out of Nowhere") and click once on the attacking monsters. I do this so that I can watch how my character works with no intervention (no companion activation; no Sniping, etc; at a Normal Level, so no Potions/Apples needed). (Currently at ~300,000. damage.)
                    The Gauntlet in act 1 (1-12) is a great place to run this type of test!

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

The Gauntlet in act 1 (1-12) is a great place to run this type of test!
                      Yes, I do it there, too, but I finally get bored. :-)

Comment

Having a blast with the new update, reached 97 with my crappy unsocketed stalker set - love the magnetic trap.

Also found the zoom setting, zooming all the way out is a lifesaver!

Comment

Working...
                        X