Best way to use ephemeral boxes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to use ephemeral boxes

Hey guys, I would like some advice about the best/most efficient way to use my ephemeral boxes. After reading some of the questions here, I have decided to go for a Stalker build, which I have never done before. My dilemma is that, presuming that I should use the ephemerals as soon as I get them, what armor piece should I craft first? Or should I use one (or more) for weapons or IM?
    Thanks in advance for your input!
    Wits, level 70 BH
    Mahmage, level 70 Mage
    Eshusi, level ?? Warrior
    Ebati, level 70 Mage (experience)
    Deadeye, level 70 BH (Farmer)

GAGI KAMI SINE 2170

Originally posted by Wits View Post
    Hey guys, I would like some advice about the best/most efficient way to use my ephemeral boxes. After reading some of the questions here, I have decided to go for a Stalker build, which I have never done before. My dilemma is that, presuming that I should use the ephemerals as soon as I get them, what armor piece should I craft first? Or should I use one (or more) for weapons or IM?
    If you already have the guns set (Malice and Ill Will), then I would craft the stalkers gloves first. That gives you piece bonus of 100% poison. I got 4 pieces of assault gear on drops, so I'm using a 4:2 Assault:Stalker. I ended up crafting 1 gun, and Stalker gloves and tunic, and Assault hood. That was best I could do with gear drops. As you know Wits, we are at about same skill level. I just completed T60, and my goal is to make it to T80 for celestial. With only 3.5 hrs left on my timer, and using my current progress as gauge, I may not make it in time but I'm going to keep trying. I hope you are progressing well through event.
    Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
    Ravenstar - BH (Assault), T100+
    Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
    Greystone - BH (Assault, Au/Xp miner), T100+
    Rageon - Warrior (Jugg), T100+

Comment

Since the latest patches, I'm actually doing better than before. I have 8:36 left on the timer, and am just getting ready to do TL 30. I have 123 CL so far. Good luck! Oh, also I only have Malice at this point, and it doesn't have the greatest stats. I swear, ever since they tweaked Extra Gold to activate more often, about 80% of the drops I get have that stat!!! BTW, thanks for the tip. I didn't know about the gloves.
      Wits, level 70 BH
      Mahmage, level 70 Mage
      Eshusi, level ?? Warrior

GAGI KAMI SINE 2170

Comment

Originally posted by Wits View Post
        Obviously, don't open anything until your hero reaches level 70. After that, there is not really much advantage in stashing the gear boxes. I held on to one for a while to see if I would be able to use it to complete a full gear set, but ended up using it to get a 2 pc set bonus instead. I am hoping, based on past experience, to start seeing Legendary gear drops around TL80, so an Epic box would lose value at that point.

Given the posts about the rarity of Integralas Mantle drops during the event, I would consider using one of your EE boxes for an IM. My priorities were to create a decent weapon set (for weapon set bonus), an IM (for Ability Rate bonus), and then craft pieces to get the best gear set bonus that I could. Currently running 4 Defender:2 Juggernaut set, but I always stay flexible to running whatever set gear that I get through drops. I am at TL72 without crafting any jewelry (using the Ephemeral Rares) and using all Epic level or lower gear. My plan it to use the first celestial to upgrade to a better weapon (assuming I don't get better ones through drops) but I might use it for an IM.

Comment

Even with weak stats on your Malice, if you get/craft Ill Will you'll get that set bonus as well. From what I've read on the forums, many used first ephemeral box for an IM if they didn't already have a good cape. I had an ok epic IM from drops at the time I got my first one so I made my Malice to get gun set bonus. Sounds like you have shot at getting a celestial, good luck

Comment

You have a lot of time left. If I was to do Stalker in your position. I'd craft the completing gun Ill Will to go with Malice. Second box would be Stalker Gloves as RockDoc pointed out. Then prioritize leveling up poison ammo. For the third piece if I didn't have at least the 2 piece or four piece Stalker set, I'd craft 2nd or the 4th. If I had four, but not five, I'd craft an IM.

In either case, if I didn't have decent movement on both Pants and Boots after the gloves, I'd craft those 3rd after Gloves.

The Epic gear boxes come early when you need to emphasize base weapon damage to buff your attacks. You'll then be positioned to replace the weapon with the Celestials later on.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
              You have a lot of time left. If I was to do Stalker in your position. I'd craft the completing gun Ill Will to go with Malice. Second box would be Stalker Gloves as RockDoc pointed out. Then prioritize leveling up poison ammo. For the third piece if I didn't have at least the 2 piece or four piece Stalker set, I'd craft 2nd or the 4th. If I had four, but not five, I'd craft an IM.

In either case, if I didn't have decent movement on both Pants and Boots after the gloves, I'd craft those 3rd after Gloves.

The Epic gear boxes come early when you need to emphasize base weapon damage to buff your attacks. You'll then be positioned to replace the weapon with the Celestials later on.
              I feel much better now with my choices so far. What you described for advancing is very similar to what I've done so far, except IM. I got a nice Leg Carnival Cape when running story for gear drops so I'm still using that.

Comment

Remember that boxes roll high and that includes things other than the 3 stats, so all else being equal using them for weapons (high damage) or IM (high chance and boost) is better. However, if you look at the ranges you will see that the epic ephemeral boxes don't give the highest values for weapon damage (I think it topped out at an avg of 1300), so... That said, set bonuses are king, so make sure you can complete the set layout you are going for. For ex. I'm playing a stalker BH. I didn't use any boxes until I had five of them and my progress was slowing. At that point I had found a crappy legendary Stalker chest piece and a pretty good set weapon, so I used my boxes on an IM and then rounded out my Stalker set, which easily got me to TL80 and the celestial I got there rounded out my weapon set. So just plan ahead.

Comment

I have 01:22:02.8 left on my timer, I just finished T76 in 8:52, dying 7 times in process (5 by mobs). So I'm a lot slower than those of you whose advice I am seeking, which is why I am asking.
                  I'm playing BH with a 4:2 A:S gear set, with E Assault hood, tunic & boots, all Ephemeral, plus dropped L shoulder pads. My Stalker gear are crafted E gloves, and a pair of EE pants. I'm using a pair of epic Shadow Assassin guns, Ill Will is a drop while Malice is an ephemeral. I also have a L IM with 25% @ 69AR that I got about T70. I also have a pink custom ephemeral box to use. I took 3 rare rings and fused them to make an epic power ring (+266P, +170% CD, +248CR) and did same for necklace (+258P, +250CR, +63.2%Exp), also crafted second ring about half as good. Using Explosive, Scatter, Multi, Snipe, Mag trap, Poison, Tracer, Pathfinder, all at 8 (poison just made 9).

I have 2 Legendary guns I'm considering switching to, a Pulse Gun and an unnamed Pistol. They both have higher damage ranges than the SA set, with the Pulse Gun damage being 7.5% higher than Ill Will and even with Malice, while noname's damage levels are +10% & +3%, respectively. I know the set has a poison cloud bonus, but it only accounted for 9% of kills on T76 and almost always below 10% on other trials.
                  So here are my questions, first is it better to go with my legendary guns in order to inflict more damage, and hopefully get done faster, or stick with the S.A. set for bonus even though it was at bottom of kill % list?
                  Second question, what would be the best use of my last custom ephemeral box to get me to at least T80?

Here are my last kill stats, gives you an idea of how I play. And here are my attributes. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated and considered in my quest for celestials.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190515-004455.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	135423Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190515-015115.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	135424

Comment

Wow, there's so much room for improvement there. Your AR and Haste rating are dismal. You also need a bit more vitality. So, the first thing you should do is try crafting legendary jewellery - remember, four shitty stats are preferable to three decent ones. Try improving AR, Haste and vitality. You don't need extra gold or exp for final push. If you have the resources, try adding enchantings to your gear - greater ones if you can, lesser if you don't have the resources. Not sure what gear you should craft, but it must have the AR, Haste and Vitality stats.

Here's what I did during this ANB. But before I do that, here's what happened to me during the previous Bronze, Silver and Gold Leagues: I played a mage in the Bronze league the last time, and I got destroyed. I got one Celestial but failed to complete TL 90 in time, so couldn't get the second one. I learned my lesson and decided never to play as a mage again. In Silver League, I was able to get the two Celestials, barely making it while playing as a BH. In Gold League, I fell short once more and couldn't get the 2nd Celestial, but I learned some important lessons along the way (hopefully).

Now, here's what I did this time around: I used ephemeral boxes to make stalker gear with exp stats as soon as they became available. I crafted ephemeral jewellery with exp+crit damage. I got an ok IM (19% chance to get 75 AR), I ran 200% XP boosters all the way through. Then, I crafted normal green gear (non-set) with gold stats (Pants and boots were blue so I could get movement stats). Also create rare gold jewellery. Did some gold and gem farming and created two damage rings (level 3+4). (As I was creating the damage rings, I used the lower stat rings that I would normally discard to create legendary gold jewellery). Then I leveraged those damage rings and was able to beat TL 80 and got my first Celestial, which I used to create one of the SA's pistols (also with exp stat), already had the other one with okay stats, so this completed my SA set. Then I spent the next few hours XP farming, with 200% XP boosters on. Also started creating enchantings for my gear as soon as resources started becoming available. Created haste enchanting for my good pistol, power and crit rating enchantings for my rings and crit damage and vitality enchantings for my shoulder pads and chest. I also got a couple of usable legendary stalker set pieces during farming. Once I thought I had enough CL to beat TL 100 even in my XP gear, I stopped XP farming and did some gold and gem farming to craft the remaining piece of damage jewellery. Then, I used the damage jewellery and whatever legendary set pieces I had picked up, and ephemerals for the rest of the gear and was able to beat TL 100 with 4 hours and 17 minutes still left on the clock. Since then, I have done some more XP farming (I had decided to not spend anymore gems after I get the 2nd Celestial so I could save them for the next ANB, but I bought at least one more XP booster, and also ran the three that I got as a reward for clearing TL 100), Then I also spent some gems reforging off the XP stats on my gear. I have now beaten TL 112 and I only have a few more minutes left in the account.

Comment

RockDoc can you post pictures of your gear? With only 11K hit points, I'm surprised regular mobs aren't one shotting you

You maybe want to juggle stats. What CL are you? How do you have your champion points assigned?

Best bet is to commit to either full assault or stalker. My snipe proc on full stalker is usually my #2 damage giver in a trial. You're missing that freebie. What level do you have your abilities at?
                      Last edited by NoSuchReality; 05-15-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

https://forum.makingfun.com/member/100102-nosuchreality , Regular mobs did, unless I kept moving so I kept moving. LOL

After I made my last post I attempted T77 twice, dying multiple times and running out of time without killing TBD. That left me with about an hour on my timer. I did 2 more runs on Kara at T75 hoping for gear drops and to get a skip over T77. Got the drops, but still didn't skip past T77 because it was taking me almost 9 minutes to beat her. I was pretty bummed thinking I was going to miss my goal by 2 or 3 trials, with only about 40 minutes left, but then I saw posts by Asad Butt and you.

I reforged all gear possible to drop exp and gold, and gain H, AR and V.
                        I got a L Ion Gun drop to go with my L Pulse Gun and swapped them for my E SA guns, gaining their set bonus.
                        I also swapped out the Mag trap and Pathfinder and replaced them with Heatseekers and Charged ammo taking advantage of Tesla gun set.
                        I picked up a L Assault tunic on a drop and rearranged my CL (~360) to have higher P and H, maxed Armor, LoH and MS, and had 70/100 AR.
                        After that I spent some down time and a lot of gold making more epic rings to fuse with the ones I had made using the boxed rares. That resulted in 2 legendary rings, one with P, CD, CR and AR, and the other with V, H, AR and CD, using most of my gemstones in the process. They may disappear at end of event, but I had them when I needed them in this event.
                        I took my remaining EE box and made another pair of sniper gloves to replace the gloves that I had crafted right after I hit level 70. Got nearly max values of H, AR and V and a socket.
                        Also bought a 200% experience booster to run for my last push for a Celestial.

After all those changes I went back to T76 to see how my new set up worked relative to prior. I cleared Magroth in about 6 minutes, only dying twice and that opened T78 with Elban and about 33 minutes left. I figured I'd go down fighting so went after Elban, beating him in about 8 minutes. It's the first time I've been able to beat him at a level higher than T50. After several aborted attempts at T80 (I was swarmed by 2 or 3 mobs as soon as level started) I was able to finally make a go at it and was able to kill Kara in 7min 38 sec, leaving about 81/2 minutes on my timer to go mine gear.

WOO HOO!!!!! Finally got that elusive Celestial and am ranked in the top 1000 BH, at least for now. Thank you to all who advised. Hoping I can repeat feat in Silver.
                        Last edited by RockDoc; 05-15-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I made it to TL80 just using the Epic boxes and Rare Jewelry. Immediately upgraded to Celestial Mantle and pulled Legendary set gear pieces out of storage. The bummer is (unlike last ANB) that I will most likely need to spend gold and gemstones to make better jewelry. I am really missing those Legendary jewelry pieces. Good news it that I have 5.5 hours of play time left to figure out how to use Blackguard's Armaments set to push toward TL100 prize. Working on Shield Block and loving the fast turnover on Deadly Throw (great for boss fights). Running a 6 piece Defender set, though 2 pieces are still Epics. Not sure if I will make it because I started a second hero (BH) on my other account to kill time while waiting for abilities to upgrade, and I may switch over to push the BH to get TL80 prize.

Comment

That is some awesome advice from RockDoc and Asad Butt! Thanks. Ok, so I need to upgrade so many attributes that I have a serious mountain to climb if I am going to make it through to 80. I have made beaucoup mistakes (as usual) along the way, with the most egregious being misuse of the ephemeral boxes. When I got the first ephemeral box I made a Stalker glove, then used the next 3 to make shoulders, chest, and IM. The only Stalker drop I have gotten is a Hood. I used the final 2 to make SA weaps, which was in retrospect a huge mistake due to their low primary damage. The proc is a nice effect, but I think that I would be better served by having higher damage. Ill Will has only 11xx to 1397! At this point, I have finished TL 67 and have 4:45 left with 394 CL. Most of my gear is only level 7-9, with no chance of getting anything to 10. I also have been unsure of which to use between Rapid Fire and Multishot. In the beginning I was using Multishot, then switched to Rapid Fire. Something else (omg will he ever stop whining ) is that I have been using Lethal Shot vs. Explosive Shot, and I wonder now if that was the right thing to do. Because of that, I haven't been leveling Explosive, and it is currently level 4 cooking to 5. I also haven't been leveling Heatseekers, it's also 4 > 5.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (1).png Views:	0 Size:	275.5 KB ID:	135554Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (2).png Views:	0 Size:	281.1 KB ID:	135555Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (3).png Views:	0 Size:	295.8 KB ID:	135556

BTW RockDoc CONGRATULATIONS!!

Last edited by Wits; 05-17-2019, 01:46 AM.
                            Wits, level 70 BH
                            Mahmage, level 70 Mage
                            Eshusi, level ?? Warrior

GAGI KAMI SINE 2170

Comment

Ozymandius, how do you access gear in storage when doing ANB? I thought you could only use gear picked up or crafted during this event? Or did you craft the legendaries early on in event and hold on until you needed them.

Comment

Working...
                              X