Which set for warriors at ANB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which set for warriors at ANB

I'm new on warrior and play it on ANB now. I read that WW works good with Juggernaut and Bladestorm Set. Skills: WW, Devastate and BR.
    But on the leaderboard the top players nearly all use Defenders 's Battlegear Set with Blackguard's.
    Why and what is your proposal?
    What is with Warlord's Set?
    Thanks for your help.

The third defenders skill gives 50% of block rating as (BR)p when shield block is active, and increases your shield slam rate (nerfed slightly in most recent update).

Your shield gives about 1400 BR, and shield block adds 4000 ... So that's 2700 (!) Power rating.

But you need the full 6 piece set for the defenders gear to be useful. Once you get a few ephemerals you might try crafting a few blue (or even green) ones to max out the bonus, at which point you can farm happily.

For the blackguard set, the weapon gives extra chance for shield slam which is good. You will have so much toughness that the weapon pair bonus (recover shield block when hp low) is unlikely to apply until you're at a high level. You might try to activate it by doing larger mob pulls.

Jugg is pretty good too but not quite as strong. The earlier jugg bonuses are probably better, and the 3rd bonus is decent (but not comparable to defender).

The warlords set looks good/interesting on paper, but it doesn't seem to do damage in practice. The whirlwind proc is only a couple of twirls which is rubbish (certainly compared to an actual whirlwind skill).
    Last edited by shengabus; 05-15-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exarkuns View Post
      I'm new on warrior and play it on ANB now. I read that WW works good with Juggernaut and Bladestorm Set. Skills: WW, Devastate and BR.
      But on the leaderboard the top players nearly all use Defenders 's Battlegear Set with Blackguard's.
      Why and what is your proposal?
      In short, with Warrior you have a number of options now that did not exist before. This is really good for event play because you are not locked in to only getting one set that works. My advice is stay flexible and play whatever gear set pieces that you get from the game drops. In my case, I got a couple of Defender gear set drops, so when my EE boxes started dropping, I decided to go with Defender pieces to maximize what I already had. I am running 4 Defender;2 Juggernaut gear with Bladestorm axes and Whirlwind, Battle Rage, and Devastate. I used my EE boxes to craft two Bladestorm weapons, an Integralas Mantle, and Defender boots and pants with movement speed. I held on to the last EE box to try to finish a full Defender set, but used it to get the 2 Jugg bonus instead.

I am running all Epic level or lower gear with the Rare ephemeral jewelry just to see if I can make TL80. I finished TL79 last night but just a bit too slow to beat the time clock. I think that I can make it once my abilities level up. I still have 6.5 hours of play left. I am guessing that it will be nearly impossible to advance past TL80 with the Epic gear box and Rare jewelry, so I will probably change my strategy at that point. I have Legendary Blackguard's Mace and Shield in my stash, and I got my first Legendary Defender piece in the last run at TL79 but plan to hold off using those until I see if TL80 is possible with the game drops.

BYW, two of the top 5 warriors on the event Leaderboard are running Warlord's gear with Vampiric blade sets (though the rest of top 10 are mostly Defender's gear with Blackguard armaments). There is even a single Whirlwind axe warrior in position 11, so there are many more set ups that work now than in the past.

Comment

Top Warrior builts:
        1. Full Defender build + Blackguard full set.
        2. Full Jugg build + Bladestorm full set.
        3. Full Jugg build + Two DRs.
        4. 4 Jugg + 2 Warlord + Two DRs.

Fot Def, the Shield Slam proc is OP + Deadly throw.
        For the rest, WW, Devastate deal more damage. If you used full weapon sets, they gave nice bonus proc too.
        Resetting signature. . . .

LIBI YEHU WAQE 1155

Comment

Working...
        X