Noob WA - Some questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob WA - Some questions

Hey guys, i'm pretty new to this game and managed to lvl my WA to CL700 now, not sure how effective but it went quite easy so far.

I only invested some gold (~500k) into some crappy xp legendary jewelry without gemstones to lvl a bit faster. Gear wise im using legendary items with decent stats and xp bonus on them right now. Also got a 2nd extra gold + xp set.

Started reading quite a lot before making my first post but im still pretty lost because there seems to be a lot of outdated info as well. So here are the questions i got :

1. What's the best place for WA to farm gold / gems? Or is it worth lvling a range class for farming those? Currently im only running 4-47 Morgenheim occasionally, but i gotta start getting some resources for better jewelery i guess!

2. Should i stick to my no set bonus legendary xp gear and farm CL? Mostly farming TL85 with that right now but takes me like 8 mins to finish one run. Or is it worth playing around with crappy set items and try to clear faster/higher trials but losing xp bonus from gear?

3. Start getting a hard time deciding which items are worth to keep. Currently keeping almost every legendary set item to be able to try them out even with crap stats. Any advice?

4. Running dual wield right now cause im lacking dmg otherwise. I guess i need full defenders set to try out shield warrior, right?

5. Running this setup right now:
    cleave(9) + frenzy(10)
    ww(7) + battle rage(7) + devastate(7)
    Duelist(5) + celerity(7)

Edit: changed celerity (7) to power infusion (3) and cleared TL85 in ~6mins. Seems like that works better at this point.

Bladestorm weapons with that 400%dmg bonus and 2% maxhp healing from ww

Any advice how i could speed up my CP farming runs? I guess making better jewelry will boost my dmg the most right now... And lvling up abilities obviously

6. Is the point optimiser still up to date and usable?

Well thanks for reading my post and for any advice in advance already!
    Last edited by Tempest1503; 05-26-2019, 04:30 PM.

Trying to help best I can, still playing for some weeks.

1. 4-47 is the best choice concerning gold and crafting mats. Severed Mountain is, if played quick enough and after 15 runs, better in terms of gold-only. TBD is a bit better in terms of gemstones.
    My main is warrior as well, but I lvled a BH for farming and it was absolutely worth the time.
    Extremely helpful are 200% booster, I never farm gold/gemstones without them.

2. The set-boni are very well worth loosing some stats! Try to craft some epics first until you found some decent pieces later. You don‘t have to give up exp on those.
    Warrior works very fine with any combination of jugger and warlord. Sw/defender is a bit more demanding.

3. I know what you mean. It was in latest ANB-Bronze where I realised what is useful and what can be salvaged.
    My advice: keep only items with at least three good stats, salvage everything else.
    Good stats: power, haste, cd, cr, ar, exp and loh. One bad stat can always be reforged.
    Don‘t keep adventurers, its bonus is currently outdated and may only help fill spots where you lack better sets.

4. As mentioned above, sw is more demanding in terms of full set, but also regarding some maxed skills.
    In my opinion you‘re doing right in beginning dw with lots more options.
    You should aim for a strong dw-setup which lets you farm tl100 in under 3mins before building a strong defender.

5. A big leap will bring ww10. Priorize this, the sucking-effect will help tremendous.
    With two pieces warlord you can substitute BR for Charge, a strong boost as well.
    Try to get your hands on a nice pair of the Bleedsword-set as well, they are much stronger than Bladestorm.
    And yes, jewelry is a huge dmg-boost, but expensive and time-consuming.
    Make sure to read Nhats thread about crafting those.

Good luck finding good gear and have fun playing!
    Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Bronze2: #62 Warrior (Dekay) TL118
    Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
    Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131

Comment

Originally posted by Cyraph View Post
      Trying to help best I can, still playing for some weeks.

1. 4-47 is the best choice concerning gold and crafting mats. Severed Mountain is, if played quick enough and after 15 runs, better in terms of gold-only. TBD is a bit better in terms of gemstones.
      My main is warrior as well, but I lvled a BH for farming and it was absolutely worth the time.
      Extremely helpful are 200% booster, I never farm gold/gemstones without them.

2. The set-boni are very well worth loosing some stats! Try to craft some epics first until you found some decent pieces later. You don‘t have to give up exp on those.
      Warrior works very fine with any combination of jugger and warlord. Sw/defender is a bit more demanding.

3. I know what you mean. It was in latest ANB-Bronze where I realised what is useful and what can be salvaged.
      My advice: keep only items with at least three good stats, salvage everything else.
      Good stats: power, haste, cd, cr, ar, exp and loh. One bad stat can always be reforged.
      Don‘t keep adventurers, its bonus is currently outdated and may only help fill spots where you lack better sets.

4. As mentioned above, sw is more demanding in terms of full set, but also regarding some maxed skills.
      In my opinion you‘re doing right in beginning dw with lots more options.
      You should aim for a strong dw-setup which lets you farm tl100 in under 3mins before building a strong defender.

5. A big leap will bring ww10. Priorize this, the sucking-effect will help tremendous.
      With two pieces warlord you can substitute BR for Charge, a strong boost as well.
      Try to get your hands on a nice pair of the Bleedsword-set as well, they are much stronger than Bladestorm.
      And yes, jewelry is a huge dmg-boost, but expensive and time-consuming.
      Make sure to read Nhats thread about crafting those.

Good luck finding good gear and have fun playing!
      Thanks for that quick reply!

1. Ok might lvl a new char as well then. Any big difference between mage and bh? Got a mage on lvl 50 and bh only 9 so far...

2. Nice tip to craft some epics first, legendary are so expensive... But i just started looking out for craft books... So might still take a while until i can craft full sets.

5. Yea, already trying to get charge and ww up for those purposes. Using Eileens Vortex right now to stack them up and cleave them down.

I prefer cleave over rending slash right now, i feel like i can lure more mobs at once with cleave and its dmg reduction and clear faster that way.

Unfortunately i accidently salvaged a pretty nice Vampiric sword i fond... It had really nice weapon dmg... But that made me figure out the 400% dmg bonus after ww on bladestorm, i really like that right now.

Thanks for your advice again.

Comment

I prefer mage with ELR/GMC for farming exp in trials and bh for gold\gemstones. My bh clears 4-47 in around 1:10, neither my mage nor my warrior is that fast.

You don‘t need a full jug or wl-set to feel a difference, both 2 and 4 piece bonus are strong.
        Maybe you should consider leaving exp away on your gear until you can comfortably farm tl90+.
        CL are important, but you can farm them faster later as well. Tl100 often drop three set-items.

RS has its advantage when you play dw-bleed with shockwave10. Sw uses bleed-damage to deal insane damage. Until you don‘t play with sw10 and vampiricblades you can choose cleave over rs.

Comment

I prefer mage with ELR/GMC for farming exp in trials and bh for gold\gemstones. My bh clears 4-47 in around 1:10, neither my mage nor my warrior is that fast.

You don‘t need a full jug or wl-set to feel a difference, both 2 and 4 piece bonus are strong.
          Maybe you should consider leaving exp away on your gear until you can comfortably farm tl90+.
          CL are important, but you can farm them faster later as well. Tl100 often drop three set-items.

RS has its advantage when you play dw-bleed with shockwave10. Sw uses bleed-damage to deal insane damage. Until you don‘t play with sw10 and vampiricblades you can choose cleave over rs.
          Gonna try TL90, beating it in like 8mins right now. Btw you said clearing TL100 comfortably in 3 mins, is that what you mean or do you mean 3mins left? Long way to go for me to get there im afraid

Comment

8min is too long for farming XP. You should choose lower TL (e.g. 80, 85) where you can finish it in around 3min including killing the boss. Some players (especially when farming with mages) skip the bosses but as warrior, you should not have problem with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
              8min is too long for farming XP. You should choose lower TL (e.g. 80, 85) where you can finish it in around 3min including killing the boss. Some players (especially when farming with mages) skip the bosses but as warrior, you should not have problem with them.
              Alright, but for gear farming as high as possible until 100 right? Cause still need some decent set items as well.

BTW, while reading into ANB a little bit i noticed that it's really cheap to unlock attack/ability/passiv slots there, like 150 gems in total. When i keep that hero afterwards will i keep the slots as well? Would be waste of gems to create a new BH now then i figure!?

Is there any kind of schedule when next ANB is gonna happen? If not, what's the average time between them out of your experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest1503 View Post

Alright, but for gear farming as high as possible until 100 right? Cause still need some decent set items as well.

BTW, while reading into ANB a little bit i noticed that it's really cheap to unlock attack/ability/passiv slots there, like 150 gems in total. When i keep that hero afterwards will i keep the slots as well? Would be waste of gems to create a new BH now then i figure!?

Is there any kind of schedule when next ANB is gonna happen? If not, what's the average time between them out of your experience?
                You'll have to wait a few months until the next ANB-Bronze begins.
                No fixed schedule, but on a regular basis.
                So yes, you shouldn't spend any gems to unlock anything except the hero-slot, which is needed for your ANB-hero to transfer.
                My advice: play a 'cheap' bh to learn the playstyle and make him your goldfarmer.
                This will help you out in ANB to get more awards.

Yes, tl100 is the cap for exp and item-quality. Higher tl is just for the leaderboard.
                Try to go down in stages until your cleartime (incl. boss) is below four minutes.
                You can get useful items at lower trials, too.

Comment

6. Is the point optimiser still up to date and usable?
                  Don't think anyone else have updated their respective Offense CP Optimizer, so they won't work correctly with game version 1.4.x

Given that only Power is unrestricted now, I didn't feel there was a need for the optimizer anymore. But since I posted it to Discord, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y7xpg4hbc...Optimizer.html

Just save the html somewhere (you don't need Dropbox, just choose "Direct Download" from the "Download" menu) and open it with your web browser. I'll look into adding the abilities and potentially gears bonus later...
                  Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

You'll have to wait a few months until the next ANB-Bronze begins.
                    No fixed schedule, but on a regular basis.
                    So yes, you shouldn't spend any gems to unlock anything except the hero-slot, which is needed for your ANB-hero to transfer.
                    My advice: play a 'cheap' bh to learn the playstyle and make him your goldfarmer.
                    This will help you out in ANB to get more awards.

Yes, tl100 is the cap for exp and item-quality. Higher tl is just for the leaderboard.
                    Try to go down in stages until your cleartime (incl. boss) is below four minutes.
                    You can get useful items at lower trials, too.
                    Yep gonna try out bh without buying any upgrades.
                    If i use the first time crafting bonus (getting legendary when crafting epic) on this char will, it be available again if i create a new char? Or is it only possible once per account?

Which attacks/abilities/passives are worth checking out? And what do combination of only one of each would be best for farming, as i wont open the other slots?

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Don't think anyone else have updated their respective Offense CP Optimizer, so they won't work correctly with game version 1.4.x

Given that only Power is unrestricted now, I didn't feel there was a need for the optimizer anymore. But since I posted it to Discord, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y7xpg4hbc...Optimizer.html

Just save the html somewhere (you don't need Dropbox, just choose "Direct Download" from the "Download" menu) and open it with your web browser. I'll look into adding the abilities and potentially gears bonus later...
                    Thought this is still useful for people like me who are still pretty low CL. So this is an updated version? Or you just posted the source for people who like to update it themself? I'm not that much into html sadly

When i tried to use the one from public link i think it didn't really output the optimal results i think. At least ingame i was able to reach higher dmg with a different distribution, mostly by going for more haste than the calculation put out.

Edit: Just hit lvl70 really fast only using scatter shot, rapid fire and charged ammo. Going to run story mode for gems now i think. Really curious if i waste my first crafts on this char or if it doesn't really matter.
                    Last edited by Tempest1503; 05-27-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Thought this is still useful for people like me who are still pretty low CL. So this is an updated version? Or you just posted the source for people who like to update it themself? I'm not that much into html sadly
                      That is updated already, just download it to your device/pc and then open it in your browser.

Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Yep gonna try out bh without buying any upgrades.
                        If i use the first time crafting bonus (getting legendary when crafting epic) on this char will, it be available again if i create a new char? Or is it only possible once per account?

Which attacks/abilities/passives are worth checking out? And what do combination of only one of each would be best for farming, as i wont open the other slots?

[...]

Edit: Just hit lvl70 really fast only using scatter shot, rapid fire and charged ammo. Going to run story mode for gems now i think. Really curious if i waste my first crafts on this char or if it doesn't really matter.
                        It is once per account. You can use it for an upcoming ANB if you are patient.

I use Scatter Shot and Rapid Fire along with Pathfinder.
                        Running with 34+ ft/s is really helpful while farming.

You don't necessarily need set-items for running tbd or morgenheim, just take care every item, maybe except your guns where dps is more important, has extra gold as stat.
                        I run with crafted non-set-items, each with eg and exp + some dps-stats.

Comment

It is once per account. You can use it for an upcoming ANB if you are patient.

I use Scatter Shot and Rapid Fire along with Pathfinder.
                          Running with 34+ ft/s is really helpful while farming.

You don't necessarily need set-items for running tbd or morgenheim, just take care every item, maybe except your guns where dps is more important, has extra gold as stat.
                          I run with crafted non-set-items, each with eg and exp + some dps-stats.
                          I'm going to play some trials with with only 3 slots anyway to get a feeling for kiting and bossfights (TL60 right now, i start lacking dmg with only one passiv now). Gonna w8 for some extra gold drops i think and save the first time crafts for anb.

Thanks to all of you guys for the helps so far!

Comment

You're welcome.
                            Besides, you can always join discord for nice talking and getting quick answers to questions.

Comment

Working...
                            X