Alacrity effect of Arc Lightning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alacrity effect of Arc Lightning?

My mage in Silver#2 has AL only at lvl 5. However, my feeling is that I can cast Blizzard/Immolate more often when using AL instead of FB. Does AL trigger alacrity also when jumping on second target, or is it my false feeling?

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
    My mage in Silver#2 has AL only at lvl 5. However, my feeling is that I can cast Blizzard/Immolate more often when using AL instead of FB. Does AL trigger alacrity also when jumping on second target, or is it my false feeling?
    so i asked Cmptrwhz about his use of al in one of his (assuming there lol) video posts, because i noticed him using almost exclusively al w/some ab, now i have always played my arcanist mage backwards of this, (more conventional way) using al, just enough, to keep it maxed for buffing ab... i admittedly haven't got to test this much yet myself, (as my play has still been primarily focus on bh) but he definitely seems to use al w/the same impression, (that although he's taking a dps loss from primary ability vs. ab) al is triggering alacrity more often, most likely from jumps as you have noted, causing overall gain in dps from exta ability spam... still very curious to test this all more myself, at some point
    TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
    -mobile play only-
    bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" -TL 130
    mage arcanist- Shadowiiix -TL 127
    warrior sw- Sabre -TL 123
    gold2 -bh stalker build- Xiiift

Comment

I play and set my stats by the feeling of things rather than what makes the most sense mathematically. I may be wrong but it seems to be working for my play style anyways.
      Mobile only, Android Samsung Note 8 Pie OS

Comment

This is definitely why I have been drawn to using AL over FB, even though FB is a destroyer
        RUBI LUYE YOXO 1248

Enjoys playing Mage 1st and BH 2nd.

Comment

Should be easy enough to tests in training grounds. After ANB, I can probably use my secondary mage I'm running for testing as I'll most likely skip AL maxing.

Based on wording from Alacrity and the developers it shouldn't as the words are listed as 'attack'. An piercing rounds don't provide an extra chance to proc a snipe in full stalker so I wouldn't expect extra alacrity.
          Last edited by NoSuchReality; 05-27-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

In fact, I made some studies and some test, but the results are vague. Without training duration, the stats are useless. See my suggestion here
            https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ation-in-stats

And Coda has an analysis here
            https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...g-and-alacrity

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post
              This is definitely why I have been drawn to using AL over FB, even though FB is a destroyer
              Not sure if you mean FB=Fireball or Frostbolt but every single LB mage 1-20 uses Frostbolt + Arc Lightening. Seems to be working. Current leaders are at TL132. Wish I could do that.

19 of the 20 are using Timewarp + Immolate + Blizzard. The one exception uses Death From Above.
              FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

Not sure if you mean FB=Fireball or Frostbolt but every single LB mage 1-20 uses Frostbolt + Arc Lightening. Seems to be working. Current leaders are at TL132. Wish I could do that.

19 of the 20 are using Timewarp + Immolate + Blizzard. The one exception uses Death From Above.
                Good point, but Frost Bolt all day. And this setup is exceptional
                RUBI LUYE YOXO 1248

Enjoys playing Mage 1st and BH 2nd.

Comment

Death From Above -- at one time it was suggested by a great player that it should be called Death WHILE Above.

Use with caution.
                  VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Go with frostbolt and AL .. i cast it once every 20 seconds. To get the dmg+ taken on the mobs ... + the 5% attack speed buff you get from it

Comment

Working...
                    X