Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As ANB Silver comes to an end. Warrior: SW vs DW

Thoughts..

I made my last push with 35 minutes left on the clock and ended up passing TL 121 @ 8:11 with a CL of 1081. Seems I could have squeezed a few more trials given more time. - Note to self, start the final push with at least an hour on the clock.
    Per usual - Warrior, Dual Wield, Minimal Gems spent during event. Sporting full Jugg set and vampiric blades.

In previous ANB events prior to 1.4.x I could easily finish in the top 25 running DW on my warrior. Now it seems that sword and board is 80%+ of the leader board. I am working my butt off to place in the top 100 now as a DW warrior...

Did the competition truly increase that much, are players really spending that many more gems, or is SW really that over powered?

For reference: my finishing stats for this event.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ANB Silver Final.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	137443

So this is the dilemma I now have, do I use 9 C-boxes and go duel wield and full Jugganaught set or go SW?

Also congrats on TL121, I could only manage TL118 with 1230CL to boot. Plus a 5k gem spend and a Titans Pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post
      Thoughts..

Did the competition truly increase that much, are players really spending that many more gems, or is SW really that over powered?
      Congrats on your TL121 finish!

I also ran dual wield (with Bladestorm Armaments and Jugg 6 gear), and I too was disappointed by seeing almost everyone on the LB running the Blackguard Armaments sets. I kept hoping to get a drop of Vampiric Blades, but never got anything good enough to make the switch. It felt like the drop rates really favored SW this round. I got 6 legendary Blackguard's Resolve drops and a full set of Legendary Defender gear, but I got only one legendary Viscera blade drop very late in the event.

I finished TL106 still running two Epic gear pieces and not enough CL points. This was my lowest finish in a long time; way out of the top 100. I waited until the weekend to grind XP for the final push, so I lost a lot of XP bonus before I figured out that the War Supplies had nerfed XP bonus to 15%. Even though the Dev's fixed the problem by Sunday, I didn't have enough time left on the event clock to make up for the loss...

I thought the goal of the last upgrade was to create more balance for a SW Warrior, but the balance of power has made it harder for dual wield set ups to compete. I played SW warrior for most of my first year on Eternium, but the Blackguard Armaments with Defender set has so much armor/toughness that you only have to dodge the most powerful boss attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

Congrats on your TL121 finish!

I also ran dual wield (with Bladestorm Armaments and Jugg 6 gear), and I too was disappointed by seeing almost everyone on the LB running the Blackguard Armaments sets. I kept hoping to get a drop of Vampiric Blades, but never got anything good enough to make the switch. It felt like the drop rates really favored SW this round. I got 6 legendary Blackguard's Resolve drops and a full set of Legendary Defender gear, but I got only one legendary Viscera blade drop very late in the event.

I finished TL106 still running two Epic gear pieces and not enough CL points. This was my lowest finish in a long time; way out of the top 100. I waited until the weekend to grind XP for the final push, so I lost a lot of XP bonus before I figured out that the War Supplies had nerfed XP bonus to 15%. Even though the Dev's fixed the problem by Sunday, I didn't have enough time left on the event clock to make up for the loss...

I thought the goal of the last upgrade was to create more balance for a SW Warrior, but the balance of power has made it harder for dual wield set ups to compete. I played SW warrior for most of my first year on Eternium, but the Blackguard Armaments with Defender set has so much armor/toughness that you only have to dodge the most powerful boss attacks.
        Seems like during Bronze event I was having all sorts of weapon set drops - This time around I was not so lucky. Heck I had to craft purple Jugg shoulders and hands for my final push due to the fact I didn't get squat for drops up to that point.

I was surprised by the lack of set drops in trials 80+. There was a lot of times where not a single set item would drop. Frustrating!

I hate to say it - I think DW warriors may need a buff to compete with SW.

I was unaware of the XP bug that happened when War Supplies went live. If that's true and IMO I feel that the whole ANB Silver event has been compromised.
        War Supplies went live on what, Friday? And it was fixed Sunday... That's way to long of a span of time to think that this little oversight hasn't effected the final ANB leader board standings.
        But if was fixed - it was known about, I'd imagine some sort of resolution will be announced. The devs are pretty good about that.

Comment

Seems like during Bronze event I was having all sorts of weapon set drops - This time around I was not so lucky. Heck I had to craft purple Jugg shoulders and hands for my final push due to the fact I didn't get squat for drops up to that point.

I was surprised by the lack of set drops in trials 80+. There was a lot of times where not a single set item would drop. Frustrating!

I hate to say it - I think DW warriors may need a buff to compete with SW.

I was unaware of the XP bug that happened when War Supplies went live. If that's true and IMO I feel that the whole ANB Silver event has been compromised.
          War Supplies went live on what, Friday? And it was fixed Sunday... That's way to long of a span of time to think that this little oversight hasn't effected the final ANB leader board standings.
          But if was fixed - it was known about, I'd imagine some sort of resolution will be announced. The devs are pretty good about that.

Agree that some DW buff would help to rebalance. I checked the ANB leaderboard, and most of the top DWs were using Vampiric Blades with full Warlord gear sets. I only got 2 Warlord pieces, so I went with the old standby Jugg set to get the Whirlwind and Devastate bonus damage. I guess I need to experiment with using Warlord and Charge before the gold league starts.

The nerf did hurt my chances of getting CL points, but being a damage junkie, I also erred by not having high enough Life/Vitality for higher trials. I noticed that the top DWs also used Vitality on Rings and Necklaces to buff their ability to survive attacks from bosses and elite mobs. After TL100 I had to limit my attacks to one elite mob at a time to avoid being killed, which really slowed me down on getting to boss fights. I probably should have added Endurance or Tough as Nails to get into higher trials.

Comment

DW isn't weak at all, SW is just trending because a few players pushed it early, and did very well with it. Very few people have farmed or crafted up nice Warlord sets, whereas the diehard Defender fans were already ready to go, and Orion and Dyoma lead the way in beta/afterward. I'm not saying single wield is weak, or these players don't deserve credit for figuring things out and doing well. Just saying... Jugger and Warlord didn't get the same early spotlight, and many top players adopt what looks hot, instead of doing their own testing and innovating.

We have a great deal of testing going on with Vampiric Blades, as Grievous Wounds interacts very, very well with Devastate, Shockwave, and both Juggernaut and Warlord bonuses. There are multiple viable builds for both PC and Mobile waiting for talented players to explore and push.

It is a very good time to play warrior, of any variety.
            Last edited by Trouble; 06-05-2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
              We have a great deal of testing going on with Vampiric Blades, as Grievous Wounds interacts very, very well with Devastate, Shockwave, and both Juggernaut and Warlord bonuses. There are multiple viable builds for both PC and Mobile waiting for talented players to explore and push.

It is a very good time to play warrior, of any variety.
              I just got Warlords gear in Bronze2, so I haven't had much time to test it. Can't figure out how to get the most from Charge? Most of the DW bleed warriors in Silver2 had Charge equipped along with Shockwave and Devastate. I only use charge early in ANB because it is first ability to drop, never thought of it as end game ability.

I equipped one warrior with 4WL:2Jugg gear and Vampiric Blades (only have four WL for now). I only got about 16% damage from Greivous Wounds. Most damage was from Shockwave and Devastate. Charge did not appear on the damage stats?

I need to learn how to manage the WW procs which seemed rather unpredictable, but I felt like I was able to pull very large mobs without losing much life. I think I am going to commit to running a similar set up in Gold2 if I can figure out the right combination of abilities.

Comment

I just got Warlords gear in Bronze2, so I haven't had much time to test it. Can't figure out how to get the most from Charge? Most of the DW bleed warriors in Silver2 had Charge equipped along with Shockwave and Devastate. I only use charge early in ANB because it is first ability to drop, never thought of it as end game ability.

I equipped one warrior with 4WL:2Jugg gear and Vampiric Blades (only have four WL for now). I only got about 16% damage from Greivous Wounds. Most damage was from Shockwave and Devastate. Charge did not appear on the damage stats?

I need to learn how to manage the WW procs which seemed rather unpredictable, but I felt like I was able to pull very large mobs without losing much life. I think I am going to commit to running a similar set up in Gold2 if I can figure out the right combination of abilities.
                From what I gathered with my limiting testing - charge is used as a type of CC due to it's brief stun and a quick way to move around the map. It took me longer to clear mobs versus other options when using charge.

Vampiric blades seem like a must for DW warriors right now. Nothing else make sense... as my Deidres sit and rot in the bank...

Comment

Charge did not appear on the damage stats?
                  With WL 2+, you're using Charge as a proc -> Battle Rage (apparently at your ability level, based on the status indicator, so that's +1000 Haste and +20% damage for 5 seconds, at level 10), and the +2000 CR (at level 10, for 3 seconds). It's not a "damage ability".

So use it just before your Devastate/Shockwave, thus increasing your chance of crits and adding massive Lifesteal/Grievous Wounds bleeds (via the Sword set) for Shockwave...
                  Last edited by Nhat; 06-06-2019, 02:02 AM.
                  Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

With WL 2+, you're using Charge as a proc -> Battle Rage (apparently at your ability level, based on the status indicator, so that's +1000 Haste and +20% damage for 5 seconds, at level 10), and the +2000 CR (at level 10, for 3 seconds). It's not a "damage ability".

So use it just before your Devastate/Shockwave, thus increasing your chance of crits and adding massive Lifesteal/Grievous Wounds bleeds (via the Sword set) for Shockwave...
                    Hmmm that's a fair point.

Do we know if there are still hard caps on stats? CR, Haste, etc...?

Comment

Do we know if there are still hard caps on stats? CR, Haste, etc...?
                      Don't think there were any real hard caps, just "diminishing returns" - you can checkout the calculations spreadsheet to see where you're comfortable with - easier to go from what you want and then drop back down by the boost values...

There's interesting things with Attack Speed, which apparently does a "step ladder" thing at the higher end, but this is caused by the device's processing power, so individual results will vary - as posted by Martin on Discord...

Eternium Guides:

Comment

this short educational film may help anyone wanting to understand how DW Bleed works on a single target.

Have Frenzy and RS stacks up. Caste Charge - > Devastate -> Shockwave -> Shockwave.

Grievous Wounds.

Comment

Something that is not obvious from the video above is the way Grievous Wounds "stacks" works, as noted in my other post:
                          Set Effect: shows as Lifesteal
                          - Basically, each time you do a Critical Hit, you get an additional 15% of the damage dealt by that hit as damage over time, for the next 6 seconds.
                          - This technically doesn't stack, but the effects display will show it as "stacking". Each DoT have their own 6 seconds timer.
                          - The thing to pay attention to here is that the 15% is taken from the damage dealt by the critical - so you're looking to trigger it with the biggest hitter you have, which is Devastate (13 attacks at 6,000% weapon damage, at level 10), and don't forget the 10x Flurry stacks to boost Devastate (I'm using Duelist, since that boosts Critical Rating)
                          The "time left" indicator at the bottom of the icon is simply that of the oldest application, not for the whole stack - this differs from our existing understanding of the whole "stack timer refreshing" mechanism, ie. RS and Frenzy; although it makes perfect sense when you think about what each "stack" actually means in the context of Grievous Wounds/Lifesteal - took me a while though...

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                            this short educational film may help anyone wanting to understand how DW Bleed works on a single target.

Have Frenzy and RS stacks up. Caste Charge - > Devastate -> Shockwave -> Shockwave.

Grievous Wounds.
                            Very helpful, Thanks for posting!

Comment

Excelllent! That explains a lot.

My biggest problem now is that around TL110+ things are moving so fast that I have a hard time spamming Frenzy and Rending Slash to get all of the benefits of both attacks.

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
                              X