Benchmarks From a Top 10 ANB -SL Bounty Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarks From a Top 10 ANB -SL Bounty Hunter

This is being posted to help those who want to push the limits of your event heros into the upper bracket. I sincerely hope this isn’t seen as a sign of bragging.

When I look at the overall LB for BH in S2 I see a LOT of Korea/China and being from USA, I want to take the fight to those folk! This was my 2nd ever ANB, first being bronze 2 and fortunately it looks like I will be in the top 10 for both of them. I want to share with you my success strats and below you will see my benchmarks that I recorded and with a little bit of analysis, some of you might be able to push some higher trials come Gold league!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (12).png
Views:	570
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	137469

So first of all, here are my benchmarks. I recorded as much pertinent information as I could every half hour of play time. Basically after each booster.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (8).png
Views:	865
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	137468 ​​​​​​​

Now I’m not saying this is your all to guide, because I was the only one in the top 10 under 1600 CL’s and I pushed those hard, I thought. That being said I made several mistakes too. Based off Bronze2 I went into this with the belief that Assault was going to grind trial lvl 100 faster than my stalker did in Bronze2. Turns out to be about the same. So, I screwed myself over there because I had to save a celestial for a end game stalker build that I wasn’t going to use during the XP grind. Because of that I was unable to have a weapon set for most of my XP grind, huge mistake.

Anyway, I just have a list of Do’s and Don’ts

DO
    1. Use 200% XP boosters until your final trial push. Gold boosters can be saved until trials higher than 40 for more benefit. (~1600 gems, you get 6 XP from rewards)
    2. Understand that the entire start of this event is all about MAX XP while at max skills at all times until you are ready to push your final trial levels
    3. Consider buying the 50 gem crates until you are 70 to craft XP/Power blues
    4. Focus all skill upgrades into your skills you will be using to farm trial 100 with. These need to be maxed by the time you start to farm TL100
    5. Craft green/blue XP jewelry when leveling to 70. Once 70, immediately craft decent XP/DMG/AR jewelry with teardrops.
    6. Do remember how long you need to push to your max TL, I needed 1.5 hours in S2.
    7. Do WAIT to use your game time until you can’t in theory upgrade your skills anymore without books.
    8. Craft a piece of gear with movement speed to have equipped at all times past lvl 10.
    9. Plan out your end-game gear ahead of time.
    10. Open your C-boxes for your TL100 XP grind. Get XP on them and then reforge the XP off when you push in the end.
    11. Aim to clear all trials for XP in 3 minutes. Only push higher trials if you need a reward sooner to be more efficient.

DON’T
    1. Don’t put a piece of gear on if it has no XP because of DPS gain. Find a better solution
    2. Don’t neglect synergy level once you have max skills. Synergy lvl 150 (where I ended) comes with 7% attack speed
    3. Don’t farm CL’s once you hit 70 until you craft legendary XP jewelry.
    4. Don’t farm TL100 until you have max skills.
    5. Don’t squander all your resources, you will need your gold and essences to enchant your gear for pushing.
    6. Don't put a legendary on because its orange over a purple. It needs to have high XP too.

Planning gear is huge in these events if you don’t want to spend huge amounts of gems. I do buy 1 Endar and a 2nd upgrade slot but not the third. I use all my Epic ephemeral boxes on a combination of set gear and Integrals Cloak very early. Consider crafting an epic Integralas once you hit 70 for early game farm because the mats are half the price as a set piece. So 6 boxes and a crafted cloak cover all but your weapons. Good thing you can get 2 C boxes to cover those weapons! And you are set to farm TL100 at that point.

You should choose these stats on your 6 E boxes. All have XP and %CD. Boots or legs have movement speed. The rest have a combination of power or sometimes haste. Power is very good early on.

Anyway, please analyze that table, save it, try to emulate it in gold 2 and hopefully some of you that weren’t able to get 2 C boxes in silver 2 can in gold! Hope this helps.

My Mistakes
    1. Thinking Synergy level was more important than max skills for TL100 XP grind.
    2. Thinking I could go from Assault to Stalker. Pick a set and stay with it!
    3. Not having a weapon set bonus for TL100 XP farm.
    4. Not buying the 50 gem resource boxes for early xp crafting up to 70.
    5. More I can't think of >.<

Ok, GO FARM GEMS FOR GOLD2!!! Happy Hunting =)
    WORU DIXA XAVE 1003 - 2106 CL
    • Bounty Hunter: Farlina - TL146 (Stalker-PC v1.4.9)
    • Mage: Addriah - TL136

Bookmarked and congratulations

Comment

So I have been playing this game for well over a year now and I can't even fathom how you get to TL130 with only 9 hours of play. Even on my main BH and CL1800 I struggle with TL's up there. Here is a question, I have 11 C-boxes to use now, obviously going to make a complete set with 9 of them. What stats would you say are most important?

Comment

All will have CR and CD. Figure out if you need one movement speed or two or none. After that you want a balance of Haste, AR, and Power. I don't have anything exact, but I shoot for 495,000+ toughness and 100,000 recovery for TL 127 to TL 132. After that you will need more toughness.

Also depends on you sets. Leaders are going full Assault with crazy AR ratings. I am going stalker to do something different. I love pulling half a map with mag trap. Problem is your boss damage will suffer but you can clear trash fast!

Make a spreadsheet, for all pieces of gear and spread out the stats so you don't have any errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Davies View Post
          I sincerely hope this isn’t seen as a sign of bragging.
          Brag! Dude, you are the man! You should be bragging! I wanted to ask a lot of questions but didn't know how and here you are Thanks for posting

Here are questions:
          You used celerity instead of the usual pierce ammo, any particular reasons?
          Why scatter? More importantly why not lethal? Lethal is supposed to do much more damage.
          Can you post a screenshot of your final stats please?
          Last edited by ShotDead; 06-03-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

A newb question here. In your XP grind, do you kill boss? or just abandon the level once boss appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfacs01 View Post
              A newb question here. In your XP grind, do you kill boss? or just abandon the level once boss appeared.
              Definitely kill bosses. Most people try to stay on trials ending in a 5 or 0 because that will be Kara and she has considerable less HP and dies fast because of it. When you are XP grinding you are basically saving all your good DPS drops which you will put on for your final push. Additionally if you do happen across better pieces for your XP grind too, by all means use them as long as they don't drop your XP by too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
                Brag! Dude, you are the man! You should be bragging! I wanted to ask a lot of questions but didn't know how and here you are Thanks for posting

Here are questions:
                You used celerity instead of the usual pierce ammo, any particular reasons?
                Why scatter? More importantly why not lethal? Lethal is supposed to do much more damage.
                Can you post a screenshot of your final stats please?
                I'm going to link you a video I made last night showing you how I utilize Mag-Trap. But basically when you have a group of mobs and you use Explosive shot, it already gets your 5 stack of poison up on all of them. This combined with Snipe and Snipe proc means lots of poison clouds will be up. So you already have a LOT of AoE going on. When I used to use pierce ammo, I noticed the overall damage it was doing was in the 1-2% range.

I chose celerity because it helps boss damage which is where my stalker build lacks. Here's the video

I don't use scatter shot in my stalker build, but it is pivotal for an assault setup. So I used scatter for my XP grind phase in S2 only.

Unfortunately I moved my event hero over to main account already and his gear got all messed up, so I don't have those final stats page. The bottom row in the table above is the best I have.
                Last edited by Morgan Davies; 06-03-2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Grats Morgan Davies, and thanks for this great post!

I used a similar Stalker build in S2, but could not pass the Broken Dragon at TL 122 and finished 31st at TL 121. My CL was also much lower than yours at 1350 or so. It’s great to see that there is still plenty of space for improvement as I was losing confidence on the Stalker and thinking of going Assault for Gold2.

I have a couple of questions:
                  are you still convinced about Stalker?
                  will you still go with crafted xp jewellery in gold? Where did you farm your gems/ gold? (Personally i did 20 runs on SM just after lvl 70)
                  would you recommend celerity over piercing also earlier on, for farming?
                  Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Monetoso View Post
                    Grats Morgan Davies, and thanks for this great post!

I used a similar Stalker build in S2, but could not pass the Broken Dragon at TL 122 and finished 31st at TL 121. My CL was also much lower than yours at 1350 or so. It’s great to see that there is still plenty of space for improvement as I was losing confidence on the Stalker and thinking of going Assault for Gold2.

I have a couple of questions:
                    are you still convinced about Stalker?
                    will you still go with crafted xp jewellery in gold? Where did you farm your gems/ gold? (Personally i did 20 runs on SM just after lvl 70)
                    would you recommend celerity over piercing also earlier on, for farming?
                    Thanks!
                    Since the balance patch I just wanted to try something different. I was Assault and I felt like switching it up a bit was going to make it more fun. So no, I am not convinced, but I feel like the potential is there, but it certainly looks like Assault is easier, especially for faster boss kills.

The video I linked there was a 4:15 trash kill with a a 4:25 boss kill. I realize I did not get the damage buff from Elban, but I just can't stay alive if I do, I already had to station myself near my trash kill piles so I could use the health orbs on the ground. So this build takes longer to kill the boss than trash...kind of an issue!

Piercing shot definitely has a place in a stalker build while leveling and early XP grind. It also depends on your play style. It would be more useful if you pull one group at a time opposed to large group pulls.

I didn't say so yet and it wasn't my intention to leave it out, but I did buy one booster pack, only for the gold. But I won't be in gold2, I'm going to use the gem to gold conversion tool for initial gold and then use gold boosters alongside XP boosters. When you stick to 2-3 minute trial clears you can actually get alot of gems and gold from the final kill, you will notice more gold the higher your trial gets. The goal is to always use your game time in areas that max your XP gains. I wish I could show you a clip of how many gems you get from a TL100 kill with a gold booster on, its huge, gold is great too.

Anyway yes I will be crafting legendary jewlery once I hit 70. If I don't have a enough gold to craft random jewlery I will probably spend gems and make portions of the XP jewlery from gems and not gold, take out the randomness. That being said, I still feel like I didn't use much past 3k gems for the entire league.

Comment

Thank you very much for the incredible set of knowledge! You have answered so many sets of unasked questions for me.
                      (If you ever need a page boy to carry your gear and shine your boots, just ask! )

Comment

USA! USA! USA!

I often wondered how people get such high CL points, but your post totally answered that question. Especially liked DO list # 2 and #10 and DON'T #1! I know I have been guilty of selling out XP for damage, but now I see where that strategy works against the end of event push. Sage wisdom that I will be adopting for Gold2 event.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Do you save your ephemeral jewelry for final push stats or do those also get XP stats?

Comment

Again, just because the forum considers me a pro, novice fits better. This is a silly question but how do you bookmark a post? I can't find option on my phone. I've read so many helpful posts like this one that I need to start bookmarking them.
                          Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
                          Ravenstar - BH (Stalker), T115+
                          Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
                          Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner), T100+
                          Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner), T115+
                          Rageon - Warrior, T75

Comment

I just "Subscribe".

Comment

I'm already subscribed to this forum. My problem is often remembering which thread on which forum I read the advice. I guess I'll have to revert to old fashioned way of writing down forum and thread name. Being lazy by nature I was looking for an easier way.
                              Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
                              Ravenstar - BH (Stalker), T115+
                              Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
                              Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner), T100+
                              Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner), T115+
                              Rageon - Warrior, T75

Comment

Working...
                              X