X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Hubler
    started a topic Bounty hunter DPS specs

Bounty hunter DPS specs

I'm new to using a bounty hunter, seems like this character is very squishy!! I'd like to know what set is best for the BH to push DPS, and also what rotations are best? No idea how to really play a BH.. hes CL 550, I've gotten to TL92, Dragon keeps squishing me with 2 or 3 hits...

• NoSuchReality
    replied
    Right now you're over invested, by a lot in Ability Rating. Feel free to peel off about 1000 of those points and redirect to CR, P, H. Vitality will need a buff as you move up but 54K health seems like it should able to do it. I'm a little rusty on the new build and only at TL85 in the current ANB with 20K health and the same LoH which is brittle but clear TL85 in 5:00. I need to buff, but I don't think 30K.

Which gear set are you using Assault or Stalker? Do you have your main attack,spells and support passive at lvl10?

Have you checked out the boss videos by players like Fendy?

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan Hubler
    replied
    Originally posted by ShotDead View Post

Pl post a screenshot of your stats sheet, set & abilities you are using
    In general, CD on everything, AR of ~ 1500 + a good IM (95 AR at worst), Crit chance of > 40%, LoH of 2 - 2.5 k , AS of 6.5+ & vitality as needed (depending on set used) are good enough up to TL 120ish. After that, it's mostly a few Cboxes & fine tuning
    This is where I'm at... I made a HUGE phuck up last night, and I salvaged all my good gear, so I had to make new gear.. dont have materials so I just made an EXP batch of gear with really high AR so I can cut down mobs and salvage enough crap for better gear.... sooooooo pissed at myself, heen upgrading as best I can with crappy gears lol
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ShotDead
    replied
    A common strategy is to hit highest Kara level till next Kara level (TL 5x) opens up as Kara is easiest and quickest to kill. Doesn't work at too high TL (120+)

Leave a comment:

• NoSuchReality
    replied
    Well, if it's two or three hits to finish you, the most likely culprits are too low life on hit (LoH) or too slow attack speed (AS). Your AS/LoH combo should rebuild you to 80-100% or near between base attacks and have your Ability Rate (AR) high enough that your cooldown reduction .allows you to use a Rapid Fire, Snipe, Multi-shot that will rebuild you the rest of the way to 100% health.

It's also possible to you may have slightly too low vitality, but at TL92. Of course, with The Broken Dragon TL92 is about where the lava circle an overflow get really punishing.

Leave a comment:

• Vwdriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonathan Hubler View Post
    I'm new to using a bounty hunter, seems like this character is very squishy!! I'd like to know what set is best for the BH to push DPS, and also what rotations are best? No idea how to really play a BH.. hes CL 550, I've gotten to TL92, Dragon keeps squishing me with 2 or 3 hits...
    It depends on your play style. The general consensus is that Assault for PC players, and Stalker for Mobile players:
    Stats to focus on:
    For me (Stalker Mobile Player), there were the primary stats I focused on: CD, CR, Power, Haste, LoH
    Secondary stats: AR, Vitality, Armor

If you're getting squished in 2-3 shots, either your armor is too low, your LoH is too low, or Vitality is too low, or a combination of those. Take a look at the Leaderboards, get an idea of what gear people are using and use that as your baseline.

I know one thing that really helped my BH was crafting good rings and necklace. Need to start farming the gemstones though for that one, and use the jewelry boxes wisely you get from the events.

If you still need help, as ShotDead said, post your gear.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• ShotDead
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonathan Hubler View Post
    Pl post a screenshot of your stats sheet, set & abilities you are using
    In general, CD on everything, AR of ~ 1500 + a good IM (95 AR at worst), Crit chance of > 40%, LoH of 2 - 2.5 k , AS of 6.5+ & vitality as needed (depending on set used) are good enough up to TL 120ish. After that, it's mostly a few Cboxes & fine tuning

Leave a comment:

Working...
X