Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best sets/builds for each class for trials... why are there these defaults? Also ? about Regalias 6 pc benefit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sets/builds for each class for trials... why are there these defaults? Also ? about Regalias 6 pc benefit

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything really talking about why everyone thinks certain sets are the best, was just curious if I could get some expert opinions on this?

So for Warrior, it seems everyone likes Defender Set... does this mean that defensive warrior builds are the only good builds for high level trials/ANB? Doesn't seem like Defender Set is too good for dual-wield offensive build warriors, which is what my only ANB/fully-decked warrior is.

Bounty Hunter, it seems like Havoc Set is the default, any ideas why? I wasn't huge on fun level for my initial character, BH, compared to the others, gonna build an ANB one next and see if I like it better now that I sort of know what I'm doing. Offensive BH seems preferable to Defensive Build, yeah?

Mage it seems like Regalia Set is the default. I just finally crafted my final piece and have the full 6 pc bonus, but any thoughts on why it's the best? A Full set of Adventurer's, at least currently, certainly gives me a whole lot more DPS (perhaps just based on the pieces I've found/crafted, though, I don't have huge sets of anything to compare with.) Also, can anyone clarify what "Fireball meteor" is that the Regalia set apparently enhances. Is that Fire From Above's projectiles?

Anyway, thanks for any help you could give this intellectually curious/bing-er/noob player.

Quite a lot of questions to answer, I don't mind them but it would be easier to answer them if you give more info on what you got so far.

Like......
    What class you got to lv70?
    What's your champion level?
    What's farthest trial you've cleared?
    Which class you fell for love at first sight with?
    What platform you play on? PC or mobile?
    Which is cuter? Pony or Panda?
    something like that.

PS: I don't think there's a default. but there is a Meta (which build is the trend and effective)

Join the discord, it would be easier for you to learn. https://discord.gg/behQKG

Comment

BH Havoc is actually pretty useless. Assault and Stalker are all the rage these days - Assault on PC, Stalker on mobile.

Where to start on the Regalia set? I would just say that DPS sheet can be deceptive - Adventurer's bonuses are up front and they are reflected in the DPS sheet, but Regalia offers way... way more. But before we begin, I'll mention that the set up most people prefer is FB + AL (for attack speed bonus) for basic attack, Time Warp + Blizzard + Immolate as utilities, and GC + Celerity + PI (especially at higher levels) as passives.

Okay, now ELR's two-piece bonus of increased damage on FN, Immolate and Fireball Meteor (yes, it's the same as Death from Above) is pretty good, but the four-piece bonus is where it really shines. It gives you 12 charges of elemental fury, each increasing your damage by 10% and reducing your damage received by 10%. This means that once you build up your furies, your damage is more than doubled, and your damage received is reduced by some 70%. I can't overstate how important this damage reduction is for a mage, because you have to remember that the shield is pretty much not an option for a mage because it reduces the damage too much, so it has to rely on something else to reduce its damage taken. The only other option was the apprentice set with a shield as one of its bonuses, but its damage just can't compare with ELR's and even the shield itself is less reliable. At higher TL's your toon can barely take a single hit, let alone a protracted battle if this damage reduction weren't in effect, and without the increase in your own damage you're barely going to make a dent to higher level mobs.

When this damage is paired with 80% increased damage from TW, you can cut through the mobs like confetti. Now add to this the fact that the Frostbolt ability, which is usually used with ELR, dealing 600% weapon damage, is pretty strong (only Arcane Bolts can compete, with 750% weapon damage - double with the arcanist set - but then the FB does triple damage when northern wind is triggered, which can happen quite often).

ELR's six-piece bonus is pretty sweet too, because it reduces fire and frost abilities' (Blizzard and Immolate in the above set up) cooldown times by up to 6 seconds, because this allows you to not only ability-spam the mobs and bosses but also builds up the furies very fast.

Hope this answers some of your questions. I don't play Warrior. So, someone else should speak to that.
      Last edited by Asad Butt; 06-26-2019, 05:34 AM.

Comment

"Sheet damage" is deceptive - all it show is the damage you would be doing if you're attacking WITHOUT using any abilities at all, which is actually impossible.

You'll find that most of your actual damage come from your Ultilities, this is especially so for Mages, and to a certain extent Warriors too with the revised sets. Thus the "skill" element of the gameplay, and is how someone with lower "sheet damage" can clear higher trials - by using a better set of utilities and/or in a more effective manner.

The sets bonuses add another layer of skill, how to trigger and maintain these boosts and how to best utilize them...

ie. Defender set bonuses works great for Shield Warrior, but are useless for Dual Wield Warriors and you're pretty much just wasting the bonuses. Juggernaut and Warlord sets, or a mix of the two, would work better for Dual Wield, depending on your preferred abilities...

As for the "default builds" - previously, it's because none of the other builds offer much, so one or two typically stands out for each class, then people copy.

Now we have potentially more viable builds, and people are still experimenting and trying to find combinations - those you see happens to be the ones that have been done and "pushed" already, and people copied...
        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Cool, thanks for the responses guys. I wouldn't have been baffled about Regalia had I posted after I tried it out with 6 pieces, I'm killing it right now with the frozen/immolate that does 3k, combined with "Northern Wind" which freezes every enemy, 12 elemental fury raising my damage and armor a ton, and my immolate and frozen nova resetting every 5 seconds or so, and Death From Above wiping em up. I'm loving playing that combo, I know it won't last but it's a fun way to kill tons of mobs quickly on TL 80.

Radz, I was kinda just wondering about gear mostly, sounds like the info I read from guides and looking at the top players might be kinda dated. Anyway, given that I did ask a lot of questions, I'll answer some I have 2 mages, 2 warriors and 1 BH all to level 70. CL is 594, BH was my first character, then warrior then mage... didn't know you could save ANB characters, for my first one (like my 4th day playing) so I lost my ANB mage. Gonna replace at least my non ANB mage and Non ANB warrior... maybe my bounty hunter too, despite his sentimental value

I've cleared TL 80 with my mage, fairly easily, guessing he'll be able to do at least a couple more before I need more CL. My ANB warrior is at TL 78 but having trouble now.

I think my offensive warrior is the most fun to play, and like warrior abilities the best, BH abilities the worst so far (although maybe with an ANB run and new character I'll like it better...) I play on PC, usually with Nox Emulator until my experience boxes run out, then switch to PC version.

a panda riding a pony.

Comment

Pedroloco,

Thanks for the info. I can see you have all 3 chars, which is really good so you have a general idea on how each work.
            I'll answer your questions in a general way why they are the current Meta and why are they strong.

Defender Warrior - focuses on blocking, stacking toughness and counter attacking with Shield Slam and Deadly Throw. Defender set (6) adds 50% of your Block rating to Power while you're on shield block, since Warrior's have an average of 5k-6k Block rating while on SB, it adds about 2.5k-3k raw Power. They can also fast clear TL 100 exp when they use Whirlwind which makes it a better choice for ANB's.

Dual-wield Warrior - focuses on bleed damage and multiplying it with Shockwave. unlike the Shield warrior that mostly focuses on stacking Toughness, Dual-Wield needs to balance out the stats to Damage and Toughness. Although they can kill Bosses in seconds, they have a hard time on mob phase in TLs. this build Shines late in the game, not recommended for ANB.

BH- Assault and Stalker builds are fairly even right now. Havoc is currently weak compared to the other 2.

Assault - focuses on Rapid Fire and Charge Ammo, it's good against Bosses and small mob groups. very good mobility.
            Stalker - focuses on Poison cloud and Snipe, very good at mob phase, but scales down during boss. currently I think this build has more potential.
            Havoc - no one is brave enough to go all out on it, so not much info.

BH is not a Tank, it's not like Shield Warrior that returns some damage back to the attacker. So the more you pump in to Toughness, you take away from Damage.
            And you need certain amount of DPS to clear higher level trials, otherwise you won't clear within 10 minutes.

Mage - ELR and Arcanist are fairly even. Apprentice is outdated and currently the weakest. All mage builds focuses on killing stuff.

ELR - easiest to build and play to most people, it is strong early game and will sustain that strength even at higher trials. The Armor and Weapon it uses gives a lot of bonuses and DPS.
            It's a really good choice for ANB.
            The Regalia's "Fireball Meteor" is from the "Fireball" attack skill proc.

Arcanist - hard to scale early and shines very late. complicated mechanics and takes a lot of practice to master but can get really strong. Unlike ELR that focuses mostly on Skill Damage, Arcanist focuses on Basic Attack Damage. Very good mobility with Blink. I would say it's a PC version only build.

I recommend you try to get to CL 1700, this is where you will have better view of all the builds and classes. And work on making near-perfect Jewelries if you don't have them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedroloco View Post
              Bounty Hunter, it seems like Havoc Set is the default, any ideas why?
              LOL
              Good one
              Jokes, I think, are to be posted on Off-Topic only

Comment

Originally posted by Asad Butt View Post
                Fireball Meteor (yes, it's the same as Death from Above)
                no, it isnt. It's basic attack fireball's proc.

Comment

Originally posted by Radz View Post
                  Pedroloco,

Thanks for the info. I can see you have all 3 chars, which is really good so you have a general idea on how each work.
                  I'll answer your questions in a general way why they are the current Meta and why are they strong.

Defender Warrior - focuses on blocking, stacking toughness and counter attacking with Shield Slam and Deadly Throw. Defender set (6) adds 50% of your Block rating to Power while you're on shield block, since Warrior's have an average of 5k-6k Block rating while on SB, it adds about 2.5k-3k raw Power. They can also fast clear TL 100 exp when they use Whirlwind which makes it a better choice for ANB's.

Dual-wield Warrior - focuses on bleed damage and multiplying it with Shockwave. unlike the Shield warrior that mostly focuses on stacking Toughness, Dual-Wield needs to balance out the stats to Damage and Toughness. Although they can kill Bosses in seconds, they have a hard time on mob phase in TLs. this build Shines late in the game, not recommended for ANB.

BH- Assault and Stalker builds are fairly even right now. Havoc is currently weak compared to the other 2.

Assault - focuses on Rapid Fire and Charge Ammo, it's good against Bosses and small mob groups. very good mobility.
                  Stalker - focuses on Poison cloud and Snipe, very good at mob phase, but scales down during boss. currently I think this build has more potential.
                  Havoc - no one is brave enough to go all out on it, so not much info.

BH is not a Tank, it's not like Shield Warrior that returns some damage back to the attacker. So the more you pump in to Toughness, you take away from Damage.
                  And you need certain amount of DPS to clear higher level trials, otherwise you won't clear within 10 minutes.

Mage - ELR and Arcanist are fairly even. Apprentice is outdated and currently the weakest. All mage builds focuses on killing stuff.

ELR - easiest to build and play to most people, it is strong early game and will sustain that strength even at higher trials. The Armor and Weapon it uses gives a lot of bonuses and DPS.
                  It's a really good choice for ANB.
                  The Regalia's "Fireball Meteor" is from the "Fireball" attack skill proc.

Arcanist - hard to scale early and shines very late. complicated mechanics and takes a lot of practice to master but can get really strong. Unlike ELR that focuses mostly on Skill Damage, Arcanist focuses on Basic Attack Damage. Very good mobility with Blink. I would say it's a PC version only build.

I recommend you try to get to CL 1700, this is where you will have better view of all the builds and classes. And work on making near-perfect Jewelries if you don't have them yet.

Thanks a lot! That was a very thorough explanation and very helpful for me to understand!

Comment

This post really explained how to use my mage. I had a hard time with until I found out about the sets.

now I'm working on getting them without using gems.

I also have to unlock his 3rd support and passive skills.

Any advice on what companions to go with the above?

Mage lvl 70 champ 430 TL 60
                    JALU HIHU BOCE 6210 Friend Code, add me and let me know you added so i can add you????

Comment

Originally posted by Gamal View Post
                      This post really explained how to use my mage. I had a hard time with until I found out about the sets.

now I'm working on getting them without using gems.

I also have to unlock his 3rd support and passive skills.

Any advice on what companions to go with the above?

Mage lvl 70 champ 430 TL 60

The common wisdom seems to be that you should buy the ranger/archer twice and combine them with Robin for any build. Their passive ability is to increase haste/attack speed and it apparently trumps any other considerations for companions.

Comment

It used to be as you say until patch 1.4 changed many things in the game. Now, I'm not convinced three archers are a sensible choice anymore. Going with the three free companions actually makes more sense, but I'm considering the possibility of dropping Marcus in favor of either Maggie or Endar - for BH, at least! Mage is a totally different beast.
                        Last edited by MarkHark; 07-03-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                          It used to be as you say until patch 1.4 changed many things in the game. Now, I'm not convinced three archers are a sensible choice anymore. Going with the three free companions actually makes more sense, but I'm considering the possibility of dropping Marcus in favor of either Maggie or Endar - for BH, at least! Mage is a totally different beast.
                          Interesting, thanks! I've read some guides somewhere that were suggesting companions and the advice was even before the 3 Endars

Comment

Originally posted by Pedroloco View Post

Interesting, thanks! I've read some guides somewhere that were suggesting companions and the advice was even before the 3 Endars
                            Trying the same here, noticed 3 archers doesn't help much but 2 and Magie Works well. Still early though for me to say. Once I hit CH 1000 I should notice a better difference.
                            JALU HIHU BOCE 6210 Friend Code, add me and let me know you added so i can add you????

Comment

Working...
                            X