Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever open the gem treasure chests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever open the gem treasure chests?

If so, what kind of items would it have to be for you to decide to pay for it?

Yes, I frequently open the first locked chest I find in Marcus' Village during events. When you are like 3rd level it is dirt cheap, is a quick infusion of some gold and usually gives you a couple rares which you can use for 10 minutes. Other then that, no, it is never worth it.

Comment

During ANB, I will open it if there is an XP gear. Gems spent on XP booster, gems spent on XP gear is the same difference to me. I learned that others brought 50 gem Crafting crates so that they could craft xp gear early. I kick myself for not learning about that until ANB was already over.

Outside ANB, I don't open those locked chests. I can get better gear farming TL100.

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post
        During ANB, I will open it if there is an XP gear. Gems spent on XP booster, gems spent on XP gear is the same difference to me. I learned that others brought 50 gem Crafting crates so that they could craft xp gear early. I kick myself for not learning about that until ANB was already over.

Outside ANB, I don't open those locked chests. I can get better gear farming TL100.
        What mousse said. Early during ANB I'll look at everything and if it's a major upgrade or the price is small, I'll take it. Otherwise they are like a lot of things (Gornathan's shop e.g. or the different treasures you get on the calendar), just immediate salvage. In fact, MF would be doing us a favor by putting a "Deposit In Salvage" button on them.
        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Any more? Never.

Back when I first started playing and would play each story level 5 times for the for the level increase and the gems prior to going to the next story level, I would open every chest that had a higher quality than what I had. I don't recall the preview ability to see what the actual item stats were back then. Either I was oblivious to how to see the stats or they didn't have that feature. I burned off 1000s of gems opening chests. This was before I would even play my first TL. I only started doing TLs because an event required TLs for rewards. I was getting champion levels strictly from story levels and figuring out the games.

Yeah, I know. Stupid!

Anyways, what can you possible get from a treasure chest that you must pay to open that you can not do better by just farming TLs? Even during ANB I will not pay to open a chest. I buy a resource box and craft my desired gear frequently. Gear only last 10 characters levels at max so I say why bother paying for a chest for gear that will only be used for 10 minutes?

I no longer even bother to see what is in them.
          My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Comment

With the update, Set and Unique gear can be found in those locked chests now. If I find a unique or set item with the stats I like, I would use gems to open them, especially since crafting a level 72 set item cost beaucoup resources.

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post
              With the update, Set and Unique gear can be found in those locked chests now. If I find a unique or set item with the stats I like, I would use gems to open them, especially since crafting a level 72 set item cost beaucoup resources.
              You've actually seen set gear?! How often would you say you find some? I knew there were sometimes Named capes, but since the CEs went bye-bye, I quit looking again (too much heartache, lol ).

Hmmm, maybe time for more Story mode grinding...

Comment

Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post

You've actually seen set gear?! How often would you say you find some? I knew there were sometimes Named capes, but since the CEs went bye-bye, I quit looking again (too much heartache, lol ).

Hmmm, maybe time for more Story mode grinding...
                Set/unique have always been possible in those chests, going back years now, before I joined. I suppose the whole level increase does make it more tempting...
                Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

I think set/unique distinction is important. I've never seen a set gear like Arcanist, Stalker etc. in chests. Uniques like Integralas, Hailstorm, or Necronomicon however come up regularly.
                  XINA YOKE TASI 8693

Comment

Working...
                  X