Newbie Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
    Nhat, with all do respect to your encyclopedic knowledge, I spent hours verifying that anything that counts as a Sister for Daily Quests counts as a Merlok with the exception of "Sisters" in Act IV. I haven't intentionally gone after Merloks in over a year and use The Gauntlet almost exclusive for fulfilling Daily Rewards. When I count 50 Sisters killed in the Gauntlet, the 50 Merloks Daily Quest is also cleared.
    No probs, as mentioned elsewhere, I have no issues with being proven wrong for anything I posted

The question still remains though: Did you ONLY kill those 50 Sisters, or did you also killed some Elites "along the way". I definitely recall having Merloks kills when I haven't got any of the Sisters yet, and I didn't kill any "real Merloks" - but that was a while ago, this "bug" kinda went into the "who cares" list for now
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Nhat, I haven't paid particular attention to the actual kills in awhile since I verified that Sisters count as Merloks. I can not ensure that there are not other creatures that count as Merloks also. Once I validated the Sisters/Merlok link I quit looking for the unexplained Merlok kills as the link seemed to account for them. This held until Act IV screwed it all but I just noticed that in the last couple of weeks.

When I start The Gauntlet it normally runs through several hundred levels so the specifics don't really matter much anymore as that blows through all the Daily Quests. So, yes, I did kill a lot more than just 50 Sisters.

Your knowledge and willingness to assist others is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
        TheExorcist has a habit of deleting his own posts after a while. .
        Hey Beelzebub , is TheExorcist your ID?

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
          sorry for the inconvenience 13 ft Shadow

I like to chit-chat in the forum

i got cold feet when suddenly "The Exorcist" evolve from "Veteran" to "Master"

im not an experience player yet

thus always try to put myself proper

deletin whatever post that i can so that always be a "Veteran"

maybe later when i'm good enough would gladly be a "Master"

Thank You
          hahahaha....lol....thats' hilarious

Comment

Belzebub? i'm not him/her or it

But Belzebub is my friend..if i'm not mistaken Belzebub is the one who first say "hi" to me in the forum. Thank you Belzebub

Belzebub find my nickname "Funny" or 'Peculiar"? i think (bf i adopt the Exorcist i go by the name so and so)

at that time i'm just a 'rascal" newbie.
            well Old memories. Thank you

Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-05-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

he too has habit of deleting his posts frequently

Comment

...many times, after re-reading what I am about to post, I just delete it instead. :-)

Sometimes, I need to chew my words and taste them before I offer them to the world.

Comment

Thank You
                  I concur with you TheExorcist , I've been playing this game for 7 or 8 months and found forums early on. I also like to chit chat and have no hesitation to chime in and offer what little advice I can. But the label veteran for me is completely misleading. I still have a long way to go for me to consider myself a veteran in this game. Maybe get rid of label and indicate how long player has been playing together with number of posts. Big difference between 'veteran' who has played for several years but doesn't talk much versus 'veteran' who has played a couple of months but is verbose , like me .
                  Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
                  Ravenstar - BH (Assault), T100+
                  Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
                  Greystone - BH (Assault, Au/Xp miner), T100+
                  Rageon - Warrior (Jugg), T100+

Comment

I believe that Travis has mentioned the very small percentage of members who actually use this Forum or Discord, with regard to the CE issue. (Thus, implying that there is much untapped resource of knowledge and experience.) Maybe there could be a small-reward task to "sign up" for the Forum, thus publicizing it...

Comment

lmcelhiney there is already a small carrot to go to the Forum, the free Random Set Item. You can't make people use the Forum. You can only make people aware of it like they already do. I know that I came to the Forum pretty much immediately after the Secret Code offer popped up. I grabbed the code for the Random Set Item. I did not return to the Forum to actually use the Forum for the wealth of knowledge it offers until months later. Pretty sure I could have saved myself a lot of pain and agony if I would have spent some time looking around initially.

Travis, may add a little more text to the Secret Code topic to encourage visitors to look around? Mention something like ideas for how to save gems or play smarter? Yes, I saw the topic titles before I got to the Secret Code but really didn't pay attention to them. I did, however, read the entire text of your post.

Comment

Thank You
                        Fixed.

Comment

Wat a relief..many thanks Travis. Now I won't make a habit of deleting postings anymore etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                            lmcelhiney You can't make people use the Forum.
                            No, you cannot make anyone do anything. :-) "You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can't make him think." Old Jewish saying.

have found this Forum to be extremely valuable at times. There are those who are very pedantic and even demanding, but on the whole, many improvements to Eternium seem to have come from issues popularized on this Forum.

Folks like different sorts of "go to" media for input. Some are almost exclusively tuned to short videos; some find social media platforms to be a good source; some want communication with a trusted individual; some like a "chat" format, etc. Personally, I find a Forum-style to be most useful - especially for this game, as members seem to cover much of the world (many time zones).

Comment

Wat a relief..many thanks Travis. Now I won't make a habit of deleting postings anymore etc etc
                              I was wondering how you managed to get your own ranking , nice to have friends in high places .
                              Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
                              Ravenstar - BH (Assault), T100+
                              Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
                              Greystone - BH (Assault, Au/Xp miner), T100+
                              Rageon - Warrior (Jugg), T100+

Comment

Travis look after all of us .I think he just change my profile after reading my posting above ( the sorry for the inconvenience 13 ft shadow)
                                Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-05-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X