Noob gear/event questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob gear/event questions

I noticed some high lvl players have legendary gear with either 4 or more often 5 attributes. How?

Crafting only lets you pick 4 attributes and enchanting shows up as blue special gear text. And I've never seen perfect versions of gear drop with 5 attributes.

My other questions are: what are events? What do you do in them? When/ how often do they occur? Do I stand a chance in hell against higher lvl players assuming these are ranked events? If I do well in one do you get a random medal or get to pick?

Originally posted by Notahacker View Post
    I noticed some high lvl players have legendary gear with either 4 or more often 5 attributes. How?
    These are from Custom Celestial Item boxes, which you can only get from A New Beginning events, which leads on to your next question:

My other questions are: what are events? What do you do in them? When/ how often do they occur? Do I stand a chance in hell against higher lvl players assuming these are ranked events? If I do well in one do you get a random medal or get to pick?
    Please see: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...anb-league-faq

Edit:
    With respect to the medals - these are fixed rewards for leaderboard rankings, you'll see the medals listed next to the rank required. Also, you get ALL medals that you qualify for, ie. if you ranked in the Top 10, you'll also get the medals for the Top 250, 100, 50 (or whatever) rankings as well.

Sample medals, from previous Gold League event: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...one-for-gold-2
    Last edited by Nhat; 07-08-2019, 05:19 AM.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

These are from Custom Celestial Item boxes, which you can only get from A New Beginning events, which leads on to your next question:

Please see: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...anb-league-faq

Edit:
      With respect to the medals - these are fixed rewards for leaderboard rankings, you'll see the medals listed next to the rank required. Also, you get ALL medals that you qualify for, ie. if you ranked in the Top 10, you'll also get the medals for the Top 250, 100, 50 (or whatever) rankings as well.

Sample medals, from previous Gold League event: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...one-for-gold-2
      Oh... Ohhh... Oooooohhhh. I see... No. No i do not stand a chance in hell of winning this event stuff... Especially those gold group rewards.
      3 months average between events??? Srsly?? As Mr.Torgue would say: BOOOOOOOOOOORING!!! Why can't they be every month?

Comment

Oh... Ohhh... Oooooohhhh. I see... No. No i do not stand a chance in hell of winning this event stuff... Especially those gold group rewards.
        3 months average between events??? Srsly?? As Mr.Torgue would say: BOOOOOOOOOOORING!!! Why can't they be every month?
        There are regular changes (read bug fixes ) to these events. Since there are 3 leagues in the event, it requires a few gems to be farmed before the next one hence some period is required. Also playing in all 3 leagues wear outs players and most of top LB (excluding whales) are not ready for next one soon. A single ANB with all 3 leagues runs for 1.5 month+ (9 days for each league + approx 1 week time between leagues) so that already is too much.

It is not as hard to get a few medals in all 3 leagues as it sounds. You just have to know how to do it and have lots of patience. Qualifying for next league is a piece of cake.

Comment

Like what ShotDead mentioned above, each ANB event (Bronze, Silver and Gold Leagues) will be running for 5 weeks' duration so it's not possible for the event to run every month.
          YOCU REGO JASE 0953
          Sanctum

TL142 Regalia Mage

Comment

You get in ANB Bronze e.g. 12 hours of actual playing time to make TL80. That is not as hard as it sounds, especially if you spring for some 200% Exp boosters and 1000 gems for upgrading your abilities. BUT, you have to start from scratch. All you are allowed to keep are a) your current gems (not gemstones) and b) your recipes for crafting. Here's a tip: every time you play, check with the recipe lady on the left side of Home. Buy for 50k any recipe you see that looks useful. I bot all the ELR (Regalia) mage's recipes and use 'em all the time. Those you get to keep. The rest is picking a class of hero and starting out a story level one with nothing. Making TL might seem difficult but it's not that bad. If you get to TL100, you get a second Celestial box.

The next level ANB Silver is 9 hours and 80 is still not that hard. ANB Gold is 6 hrs and that's a lot tougher. So, you might save your gems and get some playing experience before you pop for all 3.

Interesting question would be what the minimum level of abilities would be to make TL80 in 12, 9, 6 hours. I'm gonna say your main abilities need to be level 7 or so. Not buying unuseful abilities. Same question for jewelry and crafted gear. Careful use of gems can keep you out of the poor house. Lots of tips on this board for ANB's.
            Last edited by TerryDarc; 07-08-2019, 07:42 PM.
            FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Crafting only lets you pick 4 attributes and enchanting shows up as blue special gear text. And I've never seen perfect versions of gear drop with 5 attributes.

Why play an event? In addition to everything else mentioned, you are cable to create a character from scratch on the cheap. The 1st companion slot is 25 gems instead of the normal 75 and the 2nd companion slot is 50 instead of 350 gems. Other items are (ANB/Normal) Attack Slot 2 5/25, Utility Slot 2 10/75, Utility Slot 3 20/450,Passive Ability Slot 2 25/350 and Passive Ability Slot 3 50/750. Individual character storage is also on the cheap as the storage slots are 3rd Row 5/50, 4th Row 10/200 and the 5th through 7th Rows of 8 are 15/800. This is the perfect time to start rounding out your permanent 5 characters. The Ability Upgrade Slots remains the normal price of 400 gems for Slot 2 and 900 gems for Slot 3.

If you are comfortable playing the game then it is very easy to match or exceed your current TLs during ANB events. You receive event only custom items that disappear at events end such as 6 custom Epic set boxes as you make your way through the various TLs that mean you will get access to a full 6-piece gear set fairly easily. There are also custom Epic jewelry boxes that are granted. These are all referred to as "Ephemeral" items.

The medals for the Bronze AND event grants a medal as far down as the 1000th place on the leader board for each character type. The Celestial boxes received after completing TLs 80 and 100 are, alone, well worth it.

Lastly, there are bonuses for experience, gold and gemstones gained during the events for the event characters during the event. So, yes, you start a character from "scratch" but unless you are a high CL level to start with you will advance quickly through the CLs and the experience gained transfers to your non-event characters after the event ends. An example is that if I started event with my regular characters at say CL 600 managed to reach CL 600 during the AND event then my regular characters might get bumped to CL 750 after the event ends. (Takes more experience to go from CL 600 to CL 601 than to go from CL 1 to CL 20.) If you had CL 600 in the regular characters and reach say CL 800 during the event, which can easily happen during the event, then your regular characters would at least be bumped to the same CL as the event character and, in this example, my actually go to CL 900. The highers your regular CL then the harder it is to see a big bump but the more likely your skill level will let you get multiple medals.I am CL 2000+ and will see a CL increase of say 12 if I get my event character to CL 1300+ which means I do not get a big level bump for my time but I get Celestial boxes and medals. Keep in mind that CL 2000+ gets new levels rather slowly when playing regular with a base Exp gained of 800% and running with a 200% Exp Booster. Get into the CL 2300+ range and you might get 1 CL per 200% Exp Booster.

Play an event?

Do it. Is great to challenge yourself to see how fast you can get a character from beginning to as high as you may go. Also gives a chance to play around and see how different configurations play.

If you want to get a better idea, Fendy has some videos on YouTube showing him taking a BH from start to level 70 in 30 minutes of game time. Others have created some also. Please see: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-level-70-fast

I look forward to seeing you during the events.
              Last edited by Tin Man; 07-08-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

sorry to post here...i'm a noob when referring to 1.4.11

Runnin trial so and so ..suddenly i obtain this kind of thing

is it good?...i thought the max level for some legendary attribute is 90 (except Loh CD gold etc)

Edit:

i hope all of us obtain good gears when farmin Trials

thank You
                Attached Files
                Last edited by TheExorcist; 07-10-2019, 11:11 AM.
                Low end PC only

DW New LB -Trial 103, 6:19 min Redmi 4X only 15-18 FPS awesome for low end mobile
                Now which skill kill Elban easily?..is it SW ITZ or Devastaste?..suddenly his life just vanish in a short time...anybody can assist?..can't see proper which skill.

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
                  sorry to post here...i'm a noob when referring to 1.4.11

Runnin trial so and so ..suddenly i obtain this kind of thing

is it good?...i thought the max level for some legendary attribute is 90 (except Loh CD gold etc)

You just won a lottery! L71 BA with all good stats is pretty rare. We either get L70 items or crappy stats

Comment

This is a level 71 mace, so it has higher stat limits. Although definitely better than a good Lvl 70, its damage range is still on LVL 70 range, so I believe you will soon find better ones.

Comment

Thank You Thank You

I just practice that for the first time for my Old SW....trial decrease from 8 somethin to 7:18..OMG

I better put away the "Old Celestial Whirlwind Axe" or just sell..no good
                      Last edited by TheExorcist; 07-10-2019, 10:20 AM.
                      Low end PC only

DW New LB -Trial 103, 6:19 min Redmi 4X only 15-18 FPS awesome for low end mobile
                      Now which skill kill Elban easily?..is it SW ITZ or Devastaste?..suddenly his life just vanish in a short time...anybody can assist?..can't see proper which skill.

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post

I better put away the "Old Celestial Whirlwind Axe" or just sell..no good
                        Don't sell (not even sure it can be sold, but just don't) keep it for now. Some trial may demand WW Axe. When you are sure you don't need it, scrap it for Celestial Essence.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

Why play an event? In addition to everything else mentioned, you are cable to create a character from scratch on the cheap. The 1st companion slot is 25 gems instead of the normal 75 and the 2nd companion slot is 50 instead of 350 gems. Other items are (ANB/Normal) Attack Slot 2 5/25, Utility Slot 2 10/75, Utility Slot 3 20/450,Passive Ability Slot 2 25/350 and Passive Ability Slot 3 50/750. Individual character storage is also on the cheap as the storage slots are 3rd Row 5/50, 4th Row 10/200 and the 5th through 7th Rows of 8 are 15/800. This is the perfect time to start rounding out your permanent 5 characters. The Ability Upgrade Slots remains the normal price of 400 gems for Slot 2 and 900 gems for Slot 3.

If you are comfortable playing the game then it is very easy to match or exceed your current TLs during ANB events. You receive event only custom items that disappear at events end such as 6 custom Epic set boxes as you make your way through the various TLs that mean you will get access to a full 6-piece gear set fairly easily. There are also custom Epic jewelry boxes that are granted. These are all referred to as "Ephemeral" items.

The medals for the Bronze AND event grants a medal as far down as the 1000th place on the leader board for each character type. The Celestial boxes received after completing TLs 80 and 100 are, alone, well worth it.

Lastly, there are bonuses for experience, gold and gemstones gained during the events for the event characters during the event. So, yes, you start a character from "scratch" but unless you are a high CL level to start with you will advance quickly through the CLs and the experience gained transfers to your non-event characters after the event ends. An example is that if I started event with my regular characters at say CL 600 managed to reach CL 600 during the AND event then my regular characters might get bumped to CL 750 after the event ends. (Takes more experience to go from CL 600 to CL 601 than to go from CL 1 to CL 20.) If you had CL 600 in the regular characters and reach say CL 800 during the event, which can easily happen during the event, then your regular characters would at least be bumped to the same CL as the event character and, in this example, my actually go to CL 900. The highers your regular CL then the harder it is to see a big bump but the more likely your skill level will let you get multiple medals.I am CL 2000+ and will see a CL increase of say 12 if I get my event character to CL 1300+ which means I do not get a big level bump for my time but I get Celestial boxes and medals. Keep in mind that CL 2000+ gets new levels rather slowly when playing regular with a base Exp gained of 800% and running with a 200% Exp Booster. Get into the CL 2300+ range and you might get 1 CL per 200% Exp Booster.

Play an event?

Do it. Is great to challenge yourself to see how fast you can get a character from beginning to as high as you may go. Also gives a chance to play around and see how different configurations play.

If you want to get a better idea, Fendy has some videos on YouTube showing him taking a BH from start to level 70 in 30 minutes of game time. Others have created some also. Please see: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-level-70-fast

I look forward to seeing you during the events.
                          Your faith in my skills is flattering but I don't have the arrogance to sit here and say i think i can beat some 8k odd people (some using the PC master race, others literally shelling out thousands of dollars in boosters). Just being real here. If there were more prize slots like the top 1000 or if you just complete a certain level of trial maybe I could but...╮(─▽─)╭ from the looks of it ANB is a very expensive tournament to win if you don't already have celestial gear.

Comment

If there were more prize slots like the top 1000 or if you just complete a certain level of trial maybe I could but...╮(─▽─)╭ from the looks of it ANB is a very expensive tournament to win if you don't already have celestial gear.
                            Most of the rewards are actually for individual milestones, only the Medals are based on Leaderboard ranks, see here for example from last Gold league

Also, everyone starts "fresh" (except for Gems, Crafting Mastery Level and Crafting Recipes) during ANB, so no one have Celestial gear, until they get it from reaching the TL 80 & 100 milestones...

Edit:
                            You can check the ANB League FAQ in my post's signature for more info, as well as links to posts from players detailing their previous runs and/or strategies...
                            Last edited by Nhat; 07-11-2019, 04:34 AM.
                            Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Your faith in my skills is flattering but I don't have the arrogance to sit here and say i think i can beat some 8k odd people (some using the PC master race, others literally shelling out thousands of dollars in boosters). Just being real here.
                              Not spent a single dollor, mobile exclusive got in top 100 in all 3 leagues of 2nd ANB I played. currently ranking around 29 in BH LB & 57 on warrior LB (not pushed with warrior yet). Before I played my 1st ANB I was pretty much like you, thought I can't even make it in top 1000 but somehow got to top 250. Made some mistakes, learned from them.

If there were more prize slots like the top 1000 or if you just complete a certain level of trial maybe I could but...╮(─▽─)╭ from the looks of it ANB is a very expensive tournament to win if you don't already have celestial gear.
                              In ANB, you get a celestial on TL80 and another on TL100. It is NOT expensive if you get ready before it begins. Farm gems (complete dailies with all 5 toons, get daily rewards and watch some ads) and collect some 4-5k (it sounds too much but it isn't). Don't spend them unless you are damn sure it's worth spending them. Also you can't take your celestials to ANB. Only medals (earned in ANB and seasons, don't have a great impact), Crafting Mastery Level & Gems are shared with ANB toon. No gold, no gear, no jewellery, no gemstones.

The community here (and on discord) is very helpful and the best I have ever encountered. Ask questions, you will get great tips.

Comment

Working...
                              X