How I Crafted a Level 75 Celestial Weapon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Crafted a Level 75 Celestial Weapon

The Master Crafter perk provides a chance to craft an item which is higher than the crafting max limit. Since I knew it would take many attempts to craft this weapon, I decided to roll a junk stat which I then re-rolled with gems after I got the level 75 version. This method helped cut the cost of crafting materials. When you upgrade to Celestial, all the stats are pushed up to near max value, so you don't need to roll any high stat values on the item you're crafting prior to upgrading.

You can get Celestial Essences as drops from chests in story mode. They are pretty rare, so it helps to have maxed out your crafting mastery. The Scrounger perk gives you an increased chance to find Celestial Essences by 25% when maxed out. (This has been changed in patch 1.4.13. Celestial Essences have been removed from drop tables.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Shade Glow; 08-21-2019, 10:23 AM.
    Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30 (no celestial or Lv.75 gear)
    Regalia Mage: Shade, TL 141 in 9:35
    ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

Guides:
    Farming Gold and Gemstones
    Crafting Gear Level 71-75
    Farming Level 72 Unique Capes
    Maxing Your Crafting Mastery on a Budget

How many attempts did you craft this? Still multiplying resources in my head. Lol.
    KEFI BIPI VIMI 8073
    Garlic - TL100 Looter/Salvager/Crafter
    Playing exclusively for fun

Comment

It took more than 20 attempts to craft the level 75. The level 74 took about 10 attempts.

Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post
        The Master Crafter perk provides a chance to craft an item which is higher than the crafting max limit. Since I knew it would take many attempts to craft this weapon, I decided to roll a junk stat which I then re-rolled with gems after I got the level 75 version. This method helped cut the cost of crafting materials. When you upgrade to Celestial, all the stats are pushed up to near max value, so you don't need to roll any high stat values on the item you're crafting prior to upgrading.
        Do you mean that you craft with stats that use water essence (e.g. life regeneration) then reforge it? However, only one stat can be reforged.

Comment

20 x 70 GE's. I can barely do 10 crafts with my stash lol. Wow, that's RNG on your side.
          KEFI BIPI VIMI 8073
          Garlic - TL100 Looter/Salvager/Crafter
          Playing exclusively for fun

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post

Do you mean that you craft with stats that use water essence (e.g. life regeneration) then reforge it? However, only one stat can be reforged.
            Yes, I craft three stats that I intend to keep and one stat using water essences.
            Last edited by Shade Glow; 07-11-2019, 03:55 PM.

Guides:

Comment

That is a sweet GMC set you've managed to build! So jelly...

I wonder how many tries it will take for those of us the Random Number God hast forsaken? At least the greater essences are more common now when salvaging, but yikes!

Comment

Wow awesome post I was wondering about all of this! I'm pretty amazed you got a lvl 75 with only 20 crafts. It says 40% chance that can add. Some basic math says that if it's still 40 on subsequent rolls, it should be about a 1 in 98 chance to get a lvl 75 on average. With around a 1 in 200 chance somewhat guaranteed. I guess I'm wondering now if it's not explicitly stacking 40%, but rather it is much higher on subsequent rolls. 1 in 200 to get a lvl 75 weapon would be insane anyways so hopefully there's more going on behind the scenes than we know!

BTW - do you think you will push with Arcanist or Regalia this season?
                Last edited by Terranisaur; 07-12-2019, 01:14 PM.
                Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                Teran - CL2000

Comment

I'm definitely going to run Regalia this season. Arcanist is too hectic. I usually end up feeling stressed out after playing it for a while.

Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
                    I'm wondering now if it's not explicitly stacking 40%, but rather it is much higher on subsequent rolls. 1 in 200 to get a lvl 75 weapon would be insane anyways so hopefully there's more going on behind the scenes than we know!
                    Making Fun has done something like this for Ironbound. Check out the first line in these Ironbound patch notes: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/ir...038#post132038
                    It's unlikely, but it's possible they could have adopted the same RNG system in Eternium.

Guides:

Comment

Making Fun has done something like this for Ironbound. Check out the first line in these Ironbound patch notes: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/ir...038#post132038
                      It's unlikely, but it's possible they could have adopted the same RNG system in Eternium.
                      Seems quite possible. Hey where are you farming those celestial essences? I saw somewhere you were getting 1 per hour. Which map and what difficulty?
                      Teran - CL2000

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
                        Hey where are you farming those celestial essences? I saw somewhere you were getting 1 per hour. Which map and what difficulty?
                        I wouldn't worry about it too much. It seems they've removed Celestial Essences from drop tables in patch 1.4.13. There are no patch notes yet, but I did a little test to find out whether they are still dropping.

In version 1.4.11, there was a pretty high chance of getting Celestial Essences from gem-locked chests. After installing the patch, I checked about 250 gem-locked chests, and found none. This took about 30 minutes, but before the patch, you could find a Celestial Essence from a gem-locked chest every 3-5 minutes I think. I only found a couple that way before I got bored and moved on to something else, so 3-5 minutes is a rough estimate.

To answer your question, I was farming Morgenheim on Legendary difficulty. I would run to the end with a Bounty Hunter, kill the boss and mobs for about 2 seconds, then stealth while standing between the two chests. This would break any remaining agro, cause the chests to open, and end the level having spent only about 30 seconds in the map. While you might not get any Celestial Essences after the patch, it's still a great farming method for materials, gem stones, and gold. If you favor gem stones and gold, then try to kill as many enemies in the map as you can. If you favor Spirits and Marks of Titans, then try to open the two chests at the end as many times as possible, and don't worry as much about the enemies. I can post a video if you like.
                        Last edited by Shade Glow; 07-13-2019, 12:45 AM.

Guides:

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It seems they've removed Celestial Essences from drop tables in patch 1.4.13. There are no patch notes yet, but I did a little test to find out whether they are still dropping.

In version 1.4.11, there was a pretty high chance of getting Celestial Essences from gem-locked chests. After installing the patch, I checked about 250 gem-locked chests, and found none. This took about 30 minutes, but before the patch, you could find a Celestial Essence from a gem-locked chest every 3-5 minutes I think. I only found a couple that way before I got bored and moved on to something else, so 3-5 minutes is a rough estimate.

To answer your question, I was farming Morgenheim on Legendary difficulty. I would run to the end with a Bounty Hunter, kill the boss and mobs for about 2 seconds, then stealth while standing between the two chests. This would break any remaining agro, cause the chests to open, and end the level having spent only about 30 seconds in the map. While you might not get any Celestial Essences after the patch, it's still a great farming method for materials, gems stones, and gold. If you favor gem stones and gold, then try to kill as many enemies in the map as you can. If you favor Spirits and Marks of Titans, then try to open the two chests at the end as many times as possible, and don't worry as much about the enemies. I can post a video if you like.
                          Thanks for the tips! So they have been removed now? Dang. I'm still using a mage to farm gold, but I'm thinking about switching to BH. The thing is every time I try to switch to BH I don't actually do the runs any faster. What do you think? Is assault faster with the right abilities and gear?
                          Teran - CL2000

Comment

What's the most efficent way to raise crafting skills ? I'm always running out of essences . Thanks for the great post by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Donaldo View Post
                              What's the most efficent way to raise crafting skills ? I'm always running out of essences . Thanks for the great post by the way.
                              Please note that I have updated my original post regarding the drop rates of Celestial Essences.

The most efficient way to max out your crafting mastery level is to craft level 5 green armor. This provides a very reasonable ratio of material cost to XP gained per craft. You will need to craft thousands of pieces of armor, so put a good movie on while you do it. Keep in mind that excess crafted items will be sent to you via mail if you don't have enough space in your inventory. Considering that there isn't currently a way to collect multiple items from separate mail messages, you'll want to try to avoid having many crafted items land in your mail box.

The rough total gold cost of reaching level 50 using this method is about 5 million gold. I recommend using lesser water essences, because they are the most abundant type of essence. It's a good idea to empty your inventory before you begin. Each time you fill up your inventory with level 5 crafted armor, salvage all of it and get right back to crafting. Once you get a rhythm going, it should take about 6-8 hours to finish the job, if I recall correctly. I recommend breaking it up into 1 or 2 hour sessions.

Guides:

Comment

Working...
                              X