Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is making unique items worth the exp points awarded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is making unique items worth the exp points awarded?

Working through my exp goals with this new season. Only thing left is 4 unique and 4 set items, and finishing trials.

Here is my question, is crafting the remaining 4 unique items worth the exp points awarded?

Since I made my warrior only a few months ago he is still lacking some pieces of 2 warrior sets (Def and WL) so I can justify in my mind making the pieces that are missing rather than wait for drops like I usually do. However I find it hard to justify making more unique gear when I already have between 2 and 4 of each unique item in my stash. It seems like a waste of resources just to craft something that has a good chance to go directly to salvage.

So far in new season I have crafted 4 L70 Legendary gear pieces, none came out higher than L70, 1 was better than item I already had, 1 was completely new and 2 went directly to salvage. I am hesitant to use resources to make duplicates of gear I already have, especially since likelihood of getting a better item is unlikely.

Last time I compared what it takes to make a unique item versus what you get salvaging it, I found that salvage gave me between 10-15% of what it takes to make. Pretty lousy return, unless salvaging during new season has better salvage percentage. I also saw in another post it took a player something like 20 or 30 tries to craft a new L75 piece and that is beyond my resource abilities.
    Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
    Ravenstar - BH (Assault), T100+
    Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
    Greystone - BH (Assault, Au/Xp miner), T100+
    Rageon - Warrior (Jugg), T100+

Short answer is, probably not!

Unless, of course, you crave so desperately for a Level 75 Integralas/Hailstorm/Rylocke/whatever that you feel the need to poke the RNG elementals' eyes with a short stick
    Last edited by MarkHark; 07-12-2019, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
      Working through my exp goals with this new season. Only thing left is 4 unique and 4 set items, and finishing trials.

Here is my question, is crafting the remaining 4 unique items worth the exp points awarded?
      I was just comparing running Season 1 Story vs Trial and the short answer there is Trial is better than Story by 3x1 or so. You can get 4k Season 1 XP for running (for my BH at least), compared to crafting's two 500 XP. Not even close. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like the XP boosters work on Season 1 xpts.
      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Lvl75 IM is totally worth it

Comment

To answer the original question, no. The 500 xp bonus is less than a TL 100 Run. So unless you are going to do the crafting anyway, just run an extra trial. Since we have another 70+ days to do it, time isn't exactly an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
            Not even close. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like the XP boosters work on Season 1 xpts.
            I believe that you are right, it seemed like the tiny blue number range being reported above the monsters remained the same whether using a Booster or not.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

I believe that you are right, it seemed like the tiny blue number range being reported above the monsters remained the same whether using a Booster or not.
              Pretty sure by now that boosters don't affect Season 1 pts. BTW - check out blue glow. (No, it's not like dressing a Barbie doll)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Warrior w blue glow.png
Views:	144
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	141385

FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Working...
              X