A Quick Guide to Farming Gold and Gemstones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quick Guide to Farming Gold and Gemstones

I've seen videos like this done with a mage or warrior. I figured I would throw a Bounty Hunter Morgenheim run out there, because I think it's a bit faster than doing these runs with other classes.

Why is Bounty Hunter a good choice for farming everything that can be farmed? Bounty Hunter has these benefits:
    • Highest obtainable movement speed in the game
    • Access to stealth
    • Very strong auto attack
    • A unique 10% bonus to life and armor given by the Assault 4 piece set bonus
    In the video below, I will complete a 45 second Morgenheim farming run, and I will show you all of the equipment and abilities I used during the run. I would like to point out that I am not using any champions in my team. They tend to agro enemies which removes the effectiveness of stealth. I use stealth (Smoke Screen) as soon as the boss has been defeated. This allows you to break any agro from enemy stragglers so that you can open the two legendary chests near the boss and complete the level. Another thing I do which you might not notice, is I use an apple at a certain point in the run. This provides a necessary recovery boost before the enemies start to pile up to heavily. For greater effectiveness, it is important to use Multishot before you use Rapid Fire. Multishot activates the Tesla Armaments Set bonus, giving you significantly more DPS for 4 seconds.

I'm choosing to farm on Legendary difficulty, because I have noticed better item drops in higher difficulty levels. However, gold and gemstone drops seem to be the same on any difficulty.

Important: If your champion level is much lower than mine, you will need to focus a bit more on Ability Rate and prioritize Power over Haste. Bounty Hunter typically gets most of it's damage from burst skills, so if you don't have very strong auto attacks, such as will be the case at lower champion levels, try running a full set of Assault gear and an Integralas Mantle with a much higher focus on Ability Rate. Also, make sure you're running on a difficulty level that is right for you. Your runs shouldn't take any longer than 1 minute.

Act IV - Morgenheim - 45 second run with Bounty Hunter

I've also created a video to show how these runs can be easily done with a Regalia Mage. Click here to see the post.
    Last edited by Shade Glow; 08-18-2019, 05:06 AM.
    Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30 (no celestial or Lv.75 gear)
    Regalia Mage: Shade, TL 141 in 9:35
    ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

Guides:
    Farming Gold and Gemstones
    Crafting Gear Level 71-75
    Farming Level 72 Unique Capes
    Maxing Your Crafting Mastery on a Budget

Wow, Shade. 360 MILLION in gold after crafting all of your new gear is impressive! Your gem stash ain’t too shabby either!

Comment

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post
      Wow, Shade. 360 MILLION in gold after crafting all of your new gear is impressive! Your gem stash ain’t too shabby either!
      Haha, thanks. I spent about 20 million crafting gear after the 1.4.11 update. I've earned all of that back already.

I intend to make a guide on farming gems soon. I do a lot of 5 star story completion with Bounty Hunter.

Guides:

Comment

Shade Glow Help me out here. I am really confused about all the talk about Morgenheim vs. Darkenmoor Catacombs vs. Canyon of Whispers for farming, usually in terms of gemstones and not gold but I see comments about them for both. I see that you hauled a little over 15K gold from you run. How many gemstones did you haul?

I will be honest. I have yet to see anything that, to me, shows any of those three as being the best for hauling gemstones.

I appreciate any education you are able to provide.

Comment

360 M Gold? wow...

Congrats Shade Glow

Thank you for the discussion recommendation etc etc

I learn a lot from them

Comment

Tin Man, I'm not sure how many gemstones I got from that run, but I wasn't using a Greater Currency Booster, so that information would be of little use. Of course, I'm implying that gold and gemstone farming should usually be done with a Greater Currency Booster active. The purpose of the video is mostly to show how the run is done rather than to prove results. However, I have tried farming DC and CoW, and I would argue that farming Morgenheim is more efficient.

When playing on PC, the time it takes for items to float into your inventory after completing a level is much greater than that of the mobile version. For this reason, it is ideal to farm a level that is fairly small in size and offers high mob density. Morgenheim meets both of those requirements. Furthermore, most of your gemstone drops come from defeating enemies, so the more enemies you can defeat per minute, the more gemstones you will get per minute.

Someone else asked me about the lesser chests that I skip in the run. You could open the 7 lesser chests in this level, but they seem to have about the same chance to drop a gemstone as a common enemy. I wouldn't recommend wasting valuable currency booster time opening those chests.

When doing this run with a Greater Currency Booster, you typically get 60,000 gold per run without opening any lesser chests. Opening all of the lesser chests would add about 20,000 gold per run. By adding the chests to the run, you get about 33.3% more gold, and a very insignificant increase in gemstones (the same as defeating 7 extra enemies), but it increases the length of the run by about 44.4% (the run takes 65 seconds when adding those chests). Essentially, to open the lesser chests during each run is not worth it unless you're farming without a Greater Currency Booster.

I've made a video to prove the earnings with a Greater Currency Booster active. In it, I show my inventory at the start of the run, after defeating every enemy and collecting the drops from them as well as the 2 legendary chests near the boss, and once more after opening the 7 lesser chests and collecting the drops from them.

Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
              Shade Glow Help me out here. I am really confused about all the talk about Morgenheim vs. Darkenmoor Catacombs vs. Canyon of Whispers for farming. I will be honest. I have yet to see anything that, to me, shows any of those three as being the best for hauling gemstones.
              Here are two more videos which show results for Drakenmoor Catacombs and Canyon of Whispers. By the way, Canyon of Whispers is an old school farming location. It's not really relevant anymore.

Drakenmoor Catacombs

Canyon of Whispers (I hope nobody still farms here)

Guides:

Comment

Some farming tricks:
                - pure gold farming: Map 1-10 The severed mountain. After 15 runs, you will mostly land next to the end of level, just need ~10s to take open the large box.
                - BH + smoke screen: Map 1-11 The siege of Anderhelm. Turn on smoke screen, run fast to end of map, kill the boss and open the large box.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
                  BH + smoke screen: Map 1-11 The siege of Anderhelm. Turn on smoke screen, run fast to end of map, kill the boss and open the large box.

It's better to cast smoke screen immediately after you kill the boss. If you cast it at the start of the run, you might strip your stealth on a damage AoE before you reach the boss.

Guides:

Comment

Three boss chests in 18-20s. Pretty good gold farm, but not as good as Morg for mats or gemstones.

Last edited by Trouble; 07-15-2019, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X