Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A real quick perfect ring question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A real quick perfect ring question

    Hi all, I'm just about to make a perfect ring, got a little more farming to do for gems and am still on the hunt for a 60% crit damage (potentially). Here's what I'm aiming at
    9* ability rate
    9* crit damage
    5x vitality / 4x crit rating

    I have around half the blues fused so far, but I don't know if I made a **** up on the crit damage. When I fused 6 greens into 2 blues, I used 6x crit rating gems thinking it would help my crit rating due to only using 4 gems. However I've read that this could mess up my perfect ring. Is this the case?

    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by StealthK80; 08-06-2019, 06:27 PM.
    Zubreza - BH TL126
    Tiza - Mage TL 127

    #2
    Look at Nhat's jewlery guide for best advice. I do know that it is counterproductive to use gems during fusion that do not match stats of jewlery being fused. CR adds a 5th stat to your outcome, and I think that will lower the max other stats can be. So you may have shot yourself in the foot, in terms of making a 'perfect' ring with max stats.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
      Look at Nhat's jewlery guide for best advice. I do know that it is counterproductive to use gems during fusion that do not match stats of jewlery being fused. CR adds a 5th stat to your outcome, and I think that will lower the max other stats can be. So you may have shot yourself in the foot, in terms of making a 'perfect' ring with max stats.
      Sorry, I messed up my post, (now edited) stats are actually

      9 x AR
      9 x CD
      5x Vit/4x CR

      So as CR is a final value stat, will it still mess up my perfect? (if so it's annoying cause I used a 60% CD in one of those fuses)

      Thanks
      Zubreza - BH TL126
      Tiza - Mage TL 127

      Comment


        #4
        StealthK80 I think that you get max value for those stats that don't have corresponding gemstones by leaving them unsocketed during initial fusion, and that you only add gemstones to those rings during final fusion.
        However, there are others who are much more knowledgeable that will hopefully chime in. As you are crafting and fusing your rings you can preview stat outcome of different combinations without gemstones, then add gemstones and see how results change. As it stands, you may not get a 'perfect' ring, but it can still be 'close enough'.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
          StealthK80 I think that you get max value for those stats that don't have corresponding gemstones by leaving them unsocketed during initial fusion, and that you only add gemstones to those rings during final fusion.
          However, there are others who are much more knowledgeable that will hopefully chime in. As you are crafting and fusing your rings you can preview stat outcome of different combinations without gemstones, then add gemstones and see how results change. As it stands, you may not get a 'perfect' ring, but it can still be 'close enough'.
          OK, I'll give it a preview later, need to get the final elusive 90 CR and possibly 60% CD

          Thanks for the help
          Zubreza - BH TL126
          Tiza - Mage TL 127

          Comment


            #6
            See Nhat's (Jewelry Wizard) offerings and try his spreadsheet for this planning and analysis.

            https://forum.makingfun.com/node/93873

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by StealthK80 View Post
              When I fused 6 greens into 2 blues, I used 6x crit rating gems thinking it would help my crit rating due to only using 4 gems. However I've read that this could mess up my perfect ring. Is this the case?
              Unfortunately, yes. The final legendary will be lower in CD than what you wanted. Rare (blue) rings can have up to two stats, so having both CD and CR isn't technically a problem. However, when you make a rare with only one stat, that single stat gets a boost, which your two blues no longer will have. You can still make a pretty strong ring at this point, and RockDoc is mistaken that it will add a 'fifth' stat, since you were planning to have CR as one of the 4 stats anyway. B but if you want the highest CD you can get, you'll have to start over and craft 6 new CD uncommons, and then re-fuse them without gemstones.

              Because the game rounds up stats for display purposes, but uses the actual, less-than-perfect numbers during fusing, you will never get a true perfect ring from crafted uncommons, even though they might look 'perfect.' Instead, if you want the highest values possible, you will need to also use some of the 'perfect rare jewelry boxes' (given as rewards during War Supplies and ANB (A New Beginning) events) to fuse with the best uncommons you can craft. The 'JBoxes' will make truly perfect stat rares, which will improve your final fusion results, possibly by several points.

              As stated above, read Nhat 's jewelry guide. If you're like me -- and many others around here -- you'll probably need to read it many times, over many sessions, for all the details to sink in. (BTW, I made the exact same mistake of socketing topazes on CD rings when first starting out with jewelry. I've since 'handed down' those messed up early rings to other heroes that don't get as much play time.) And costly mistakes will still happen! But hopefully, they will be less often and less costly...
              Last edited by ScabbyNuisance; 08-07-2019, 06:13 AM. Reason: Didn't see original post before it was edited; RockDoc was responding to OP.

              Comment


                #8
                You'll lose about 20% on the legendary CD stat, while gaining very very little CR in the end from those gemstones - maybe 3-4 extra points.
                This is just a rough estimate, but Nhat's calculator can help you find out the exact numbers.

                Comment


                  #9
                  ScabbyNuisance, my reference to 5th stat was based on his initial post which did not have CR listed. He edited his post after I made my comment, and you may not have seen the first post I commented on. I agree with everything else you said.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hey, RockDoc , sorry about that -- you're right, I didn't see the original. Edited my post to clarify, hopefully.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      So I spent another 2m gold and funnily enough I got enough crafts at 90 to make a 2nd perfect ring, but I need a **** tonne of brilliant now... Farming time it is!!

                      Thanks for all the help

                      Ps anyone know drop rate on 75 items? I reckon I've done over 350 TL 100s, seen around 6x 73, 1x 74 and zero 75
                      Zubreza - BH TL126
                      Tiza - Mage TL 127

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by StealthK80 View Post
                        When I fused 6 greens into 2 blues, I used 6x crit rating gems thinking it would help my crit rating due to only using 4 gems. However I've read that this could mess up my perfect ring. Is this the case?
                        Added CR gemstones to pure CD? Damn!
                        Sorry for your loss

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by ShotDead View Post

                          Added CR gemstones to pure CD? Damn!
                          Sorry for your loss
                          IKR! luckily I had 20+ haste and CR gems, AR and vit are where I'm hurting
                          Zubreza - BH TL126
                          Tiza - Mage TL 127

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post
                            Hey, RockDoc , sorry about that -- you're right, I didn't see the original. Edited my post to clarify, hopefully.
                            How did you cross out that part of your post? Been looking for a way to do strike over on some of my posts instead of erasing or deleting. Thanks

                            Comment


                              #15
                              RockDoc Did take a bit of digging into vBulletin & bbcode Just enclose the text inside {STRIKE}{/STRIKE}, but replace the braces with square brackets...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X