Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading abilities

Hello
    I have started playing as a bounty hunter a few days ago and just stumbled into this forum.
    So I read that it is a good idea to unlock other char slots to complete daily quests and I decided to open 2 extra slots so far and lvled another hunter, a warrior and a mage to lvl 9 to do their dailies.

Since upgrading abilities takes so long I thought I might as well start doing that for these chars too. Hence my question:

Which abilities should I focus on the diffrent classes first? Or does it make more sense to spread the upgrades for synergy?

Schattenlord where to start? First let me say WELCOME to the Eternium forums.

It wouldn't surprise me if 4 or 5 others weren't preparing you an answer, as there is a lot to cover in what you asked. I'll try to hit a few points and I'm certain others will give more, and probably correct me in the process.

First, synergy is associated with each hero, hence you need to upgrade each hero individually. As you gain experience points, those will apply to all your heros, but synergy is on individual basis. Fortunately you can be upgrading each hero at the same time. Unfortunately opening primary, secondary and passive ability slots for 4 different heros will get very, very expensive, gem-wise, especially if you are doing it outside an ANB event.

Each class has it's own set of 2 primary, 3 secondary and 3 passive skill slots that you'll have to unlock and upgrade for each corresponding hero. In addition to unlocking the skill slots, you also need to unlock 1, 2 or 3 of the ability upgrade slots for each hero, each of which again costs progressively more gems to open. Once you have spent a small fortune in gems to open all the skill slots you want to use, you get to spend gold, and time or more gems to upgrade your skills. You'll be able to upgrade 1, 2 or 3 skills at a time, depending on # of ability upgrade slots you have. First 4 or 5 upgrade levels are relatively inexpensive gold and gem wise, so many pay to get to level 5, then just pay the gold and let time do the rest of the upgrading. Which skills to upgrade is usually based on how you like to play, and that will change as you progress and become a better player. Some players like using a single primary skill, while most prefer 2. Get favorite primary skills up to 4 or 5, then increase your secondary skills about same. Usually passive skills are 2 or 3 levels behind as you level up all your skills.

Which skills to upgrade is entirely a personal preference and a function of how you like to play.

This is what I'm using now for my mage: Frostbolts, fireballs, blizzard, immolate, frost nova, celerity, power infusion and mage armor. My BHs use explosive shot, scatter shot, rapid fire, snipe, Multishot, with either Tracer, charged, piercing or poison shot. My warrior uses frenzy, rending slash, whirlwind, devastate, In The Zone, Duelist, lightening reflexes and I just added intense training. In fact I've been slowly upgrading my warrior over past couple of months and just 2 days ago added the 3rd passive slot. In addition, I'm only using 1 ability upgrade slot for warrior so it's been a long slow grow for him. Please note that the skills that I am using now have evolved with my game play, and have changed alot since I started playing. Plus I still swap skills depending on level and boss I'm playing at the time.

Sounds like you are going to be busy for several months upgrading and developing your heros. Play the story levels with each hero for a while to upgrade them, and don't worry yet about trials. You'll get more and better gear drops in story and it won't be as hard as pushing trials too early. You will have plenty of time to battle trials after all your heros have reached level 70. There are some very talented and helpful members in the Eternium forum community that can provide valuable advice as you progress in the game. Good luck and have fun and keep checking in with forums. That's enough verbosity, I'll stop for now.

Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
    Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
    Magenta - mage (ELR)
    Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner)
    Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner)
    Rageon - Warrior

Comment

In my opinion you won't really profit much from upgrading abilities on this lvl10 heroes. That is because you will want to replace them with new ANB heroes soon anyway. During ANB unlocking costs for ability-/inventory- and companionslots are reduced a lot (255 gems to unlock all of them)!

So i would recommend to focus on one hero for now and think twice before spending gems to unlock slots of your current hero. Save gems for ANB be able to get fully unlocked heroes from it.

Detailed ANB info:
      https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...anb-league-faq
      Last edited by Tempest1503; 08-09-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Thx for the 2 replies, I didn't know about the ANB events yet and had already accepted the high cost to unlock the slots. But now I will keep playing my Hunter for a while and only unlock the slots for him. But I will keep upgrading abilities on the others just in case. The gold cost is quite low imo.

Since there is a nother event (Season #1) running atm is it to be expected that there will be an ANB event anytime soon?

Comment

Yeah, your timing is perfect since we have some ANBs coming up shortly. Make sure to compete in the ANBs and make all your heros through them. MAKE SURE to get all the inventory stash tabs in the ANB as well. You can basically unlock all ability slots and inventory stash tabs for dirt cheap in the ANB. I'm still haunted / horrified about spending 800 gems / inventory row since I did non-ANB characters. Best advice I can give!
          Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
          Teran - CL2000

Comment

Pick one character you wanna progress on, out of the three, and only upgrade that character's abilities. Since that's a non-ANB character, you have all the time in the world to level their abilities. So, just spend gold on the ability upgrades.

The other two characters are just for getting the daily gem reward. Once you get enough gems for the 4th and 5th character slots, open those, and use the new characters for the daily gem reward too.

Once an ANB event begins, the cost to open all the inventory slots, and unlock the ability upgrade slots, for the event character, will be cheap (you just need to get an extra upgrade slot. The third doesn't give much of an advantage in the event). Ability slots also become cheaper to unlock too, I think. But, I don't remember how expensive those are outside of ANBs.

Once an ANB event is over, you're given the option to either delete that character or to transfer them to your main account. You can then delete one of your characters used for dailies (50 gems), and let the ANB character be transferred to that character slot.

My main mage is my first character, and he's a non-ANB character. The difference between him and my other characters (all ANB) is that my non-ANB character only has 4-5 rows of inventory slots and only one ability upgrade slot. My ANB characters have all inventory slots opened and has an extra ability upgrade slot.

The extra ability upgrade slot doesn't matter outside of ANB, but having all the inventory slots open feels so good, because it makes things very convenient. You definitely want all the inventory slots open!

Edit: The seasons event will run though many months, and ANB events will probably run within a season event. At least, that's what makes sense to me.
            Last edited by Reymon; 08-09-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

What they said ^^^

Plus: ANB events are usually fun and you can definitely use the lower cost to your advantage. I have a Warrior and 4 BHs, but have replaced one of the BH slots several times. During ANB you get an "Event Character" as a sixth slot, but when the ANB is over, that character is removed. This gives you the opportunity to delete your least effective character and replace them with the ANB character, which might have much better characteristics. (Also, experience, gold; gems and gear gained during ANB comes back to your non-ANB characters.)

(Proof left to the student.)

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
                Yeah, your timing is perfect since we have some ANBs coming up shortly.
                Well your definition of 'shortly' is absolutely on point

Is anybody known to be streaming this event?

Comment

Originally posted by Schattenlord View Post

Well your definition of 'shortly' is absolutely on point

Is anybody known to be streaming this event?
                  Haha yeah it sure was, wasn't it!! Idk I'd love to catch some streaming too probably... does FendyBt2 stream? Anyone else?
                  Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                  Teran - CL2000

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post

Haha yeah it sure was, wasn't it!! Idk I'd love to catch some streaming too probably... does FendyBt2 stream? Anyone else?
                    Not usually, but he did it a few days ago.

Comment

Fendy's streaming his ANB run right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X