Unlocking item levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedJiminy View Post
    LodWig and Tin Man thanks for the research, great work! I was just on that same path and had crafted L38-L50 uncommon items to test the unlock prices with. Don't know why I want to create a set of L70 jewellery that a L1 character can use so much as I'll probably never complete that job, but it sounds like fun, and so cool that it's possible. Hope it isn't a bug.

Keaven thanks for starting this thread, and for the extra optimisations you've described that update the V1.2 guide, like using stealth and tesla armaments which I guess weren't available when it was written.
    No problemo. I've got more to add on the gem farming guide (and newb/starter guide) later.

Even if repeated level restriction dropping is not intended, there is currently no competive advantage to doing so (ie ladder), so it would be unneccissary to change in my opinion.

Even the benefit I've discussed is not significant, but a positive affect for the game in that it adds enjoyment more than anything.

As I already have a level 70 BH upgrading abilities and ready to replace the ANB BH I'm currently speed running with, it will be a while before I even start item unlocking.

Each speed run is taking around a fortnight (by best guess) of real time, no idea of play time lol.

Before updating the guide I may play a whole run exclusively start to finish so i can log play time and total resources (gems, CP XP, gold, gemstones, and crafting mats) to calculate actual ROI on item unlocking as well as comparing secondary resource farming to the primary farming methods used like trials for XP, etc.
    Last edited by Keaven; 09-05-2019, 02:34 AM.
    VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
    Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man

But. But. But! It will only take, at most, 12,252 gems to unlock all the gear and jewelry. Such a small price to pay to satisfy pure curiosity.
      If I’m not mistaken, it would cost between 3300 and 8412 gems to unlock all, assuming level 70 legendary jewelry and gear with initial required level of 70 (that is, level 70+ legendary, or level 71+ epic, etc.).
      Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen)

Comment

Considering your hero will generally get access to stash after arriving at home village at L2, and going for the shortest unlocking route (that is, 7 steps only), we will have 6*104 + 68 gems per unlocked item, which gives a grand total of 8,304 gems. It is possible to save 24 gems by doing the penultimate unlocking at level 11, which becomes 5*104 + 2*85 per item or 8,280 total gems.

Comment

Originally posted by Keaven View Post
          Even if repeated level restriction dropping is not intended, there is currently no competive advantage to doing so (ie ladder), so it would be unneccissary to change in my opinion.

Even the benefit I've discussed is not significant, but a positive affect for the game in that it adds enjoyment more than anything.
          I agree It's fun just being there as something to try.

Originally posted by Keaven View Post
          Before updating the guide I may play a whole run exclusively start to finish so i can log play time and total resources (gems, CP XP, gold, gemstones, and crafting mats) to calculate actual ROI on item unlocking as well as comparing secondary resource farming to the primary farming methods using like trials for XP, etc.
          This would be interesting. Do you just run to the end, kill boss, stealth to drop aggro, open boss chest and finish? I was wondering how this would compare with farming Morgenheim and opening the advert boxes for the same amount of real life time. I might try a similar comparison myself, with my existing BH that has done only 1* on each of the heroic levels.

Whether or not it compares well, it adds variety into the game which is nice.

Comment

...took me about 3 hours of IRL time to put a level 22 cape on a level 4 character to prove the premise...
            Thanks again Tin Man Hopefully it was a fun 3 hours, especially seeing it working!

Comment

Tin Man Did you receive the quest reward upon arriving at home town and still did not reach L2? Because that's what typically happens to me.

EDIT: I'm really sorry my post troubled you. I merely wanted to add some personal insight to @Lodwig's calculations
              Last edited by MarkHark; 09-04-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Weird... but ok! I'm fairly sure I usually get to level two either on Map 1-1 or right after receiving quest XP.

So the only way to save those last 17 gems (per unlocked item) is do to things your way and take it slowly, 2-4 levels at a time.
                Personally, I'm much more interested in the experience of fast leveling a new char with lots of bonus stats than in gem-farming-speed-running-story-mode, so I have no intention of doing it all 30+ times, but I might be willing to try it the fast not-so-slow way.

This is how I would consider approaching the problem (I appreciate if you'll voice your opinions and especially show me any mistakes I might be making):

1- Use one of my current Lvl70 chars to create a specific set of jewelry just for this experiment: it would have XP as a primary stat on all pieces, also (in no specific order) AR+Haste for AS and alacrity purposes and maybe Gold as Keaven suggested.
                2- Since the cost to unlock a rare and a Legendary seem to be the same, I would try to either find or craft a pair of L72+ Assault boots and pants with very high MS and XP bonuses, plus whatever I can get for the other 2 stats. If I find me a suitable L72 Epic, I might just take it instead.
                3- Since having fun is the main objective here, and not speed farming, I would also choose a set of Tesla Guns with good XP/Gold values and little regard for overall damage.

INTERLUDE: So far I already have the core of the build - Haste, movepeed and accelerated XP gain - everything else is accessory. True, I would want 2 more assault pieces for the movespeed bonus, but any crafted low-level rares should do the trick if gem-saving is a must. I might throw in a High-XP Carnival for some "critical fun" or an IM for faster XP gain at trials.

I'll follow this up on another post, must go back to work now

Comment

Sorry if the answer is already within this thread...

If I get a drop of a Level 22 weapon when I am at Level 15 and wait until Level 22 for it to automatically unlock, would it be the same as reported here for paid unlock? (i.e., be usable by another hero which was still at Level 15?)

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                    Sorry if the answer is already within this thread...

If I get a drop of a Level 22 weapon when I am at Level 15 and wait until Level 22 for it to automatically unlock, would it be the same as reported here for paid unlock? (i.e., be usable by another hero which was still at Level 15?)
                    No.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                      Weird... but ok! I'm fairly sure I usually get to level two either on Map 1-1 or right after receiving quest XP.
                      Maybe in ANB? When XP is boosted?

Comment

Originally posted by LodWig View Post

Maybe in ANB? When XP is boosted?
                        Perhaps! I have not played a new hero outside of an AnB for over a year, so yes, that might be the right explanation!

Comment

You can reduce the level requirements for level 70 legendary jewelry and level 70 legendary set gear and a level 70 cape and level 70 weapons for as little as 1,692 gems if you do the reductions 2 levels at a time which is the cheapest gem cost per level(s) reduced point. Which is as little as 141 gems per piece. This is all assuming I have not made another oops.
                          This is exactly my strategy for low cost, going 2 level at a time for 8 gems, except on last step to save one toon. So the cost for jewellery going from 68 to 4 is 32(toons)*8(gems)*3(items)=768; and the cost for gear going from 70 to 4 is 33(toons)*8(gems)*9(items)=2376. Then going from 4 to 1 is 1(toon)*13(gems)*12(items)=156. Total is 34 toons, and 768+2376+156=3300 gems.

High cost is done by going 10 at a time, then one last step of 9 levels for gear and 7 levels for jewellery. Thats 7 toons and 8412 gems total.

(Remember, initial required level of level 70 legendary jewellery is only 68.)

But as you pointed out, the toon cost must be taken into account when comparing "slow" and "fast" route to level 1.

The real cost of a toon can be 50-5(quest 1)-10(quest 2)-20(daily quest)=15 gems, if the deleted hero has done its daily quest and the new one reach level 9 the same day. So for 34 toons it's 510 gems, and for 7 toons it's 105 gems.

So total cost is between 3810 and 8517 gems: I must admit I was both wrong and wrong

Sorry to bother you with this nitpicking, but you said
                          Again, thanks for pointing out my oops. I do not like to put incorrect information out there.
                          Same for me. (I think your oops is "141 gems per piece". How did you came with that number?)

Comment

To see how fast you may get to a level 1 character to level 70?
                            That comes the closest!
                            I already have too many (all fully grown) characters - I actually need to delete 3 of them just so I may keep 3 cherished AnB heroes who should, in time, become my main BH (Calixto), main mage (Stiorra) and Gold farmer (Viviana). I am also aware of the fact that these items will be unavailable during AnB.

The truth is, I don't have a clear goal!
                            Maybe I just want to see what a level 1 hero could do with good Level 70 items, or have some fun in watching trial mobs exploding with a single shot, or have the dilettante pleasure or trying some new trick I just found out! Perhaps I might even try speedrunning for gems, but that's far from
                            being my main motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by LodWig View Post

Sorry to bother you with this nitpicking,)
                              Thanks for catching the error. The level requirements for legendary jewelry was not on my radar as I have not tried to use level 70 legendary jewelry on a non-level 70 character in a very long time now. The erroneous information has been removed.

MarkHark

That you just want to goof around is understood. I only asked to help you save gems if you were rounding out your five but I figured you had rounded out your five a long time ago.
                              Last edited by Tin Man; 09-04-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Here's my friend ID, Tin Man! Take a look at my roster!
                                KECA FIJO RAHA 5941

Also, is there a way to undelete one's posts? I'm sad to see your contributions to this thread washing away, feels like a waste of good and hard work. Please be aware that your efforts are greatly appreciated!
                                Last edited by MarkHark; 09-04-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X