X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keaven
    replied
    Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post

If you're focusing on reaching the maximum gem income rate, I disagree. I would say the only reason to level up is to unlock Smoke Screen at level 20. It allows you to complete stars more quickly, even when compared to running the levels with ultra high movement speed (the two are mutually exclusive). To maximize gem income, extra experience is definitely needed until you reach level 20. After level 20, it is best to avoid gaining experience. I haven't done a lot of testing yet, but so far the farming sweet spot seems to be between level 20 and 25ish. After that, a new hero should be created.

I'll have to mess around with this a bit and see how long it takes if I streamline the process. It usually only takes a few minutes to reach hero level 20 even when I use equipment that has not had the level requirement lowered. I need to measure how long it takes to reach level 20 and the rate at which gems can be farmed for each hero level after that. There are a few other factors to consider, such as each story mission's minimum completion time and the cost of creating a new hero.
    Focusing on max gem income rate is another goal entirely.

On that note, given the gem cost of reducing gear you will still not need to have XP on your gear being unlocked. It doesn't take long at all to reach level 20. Not worth unlocking gear just to level to 20 if your not going to use it for the whole run.

If 20-25 is some kind of sweet spot, you also won't need to unlock the gear used lower.

Your idea doesn't seem to add up to me, but if your going to try it you could unlock the DPS gear you want to level 20, and unlock a couple other level 51 XP items to level 1, if getting to 20 without unlocked gear is too slow. That would be a bit cheaper and quicker to do (both sets requiring 50 levels to drop rather than 69).

Doesn't seem like it would have a quick enough ROI to justify the unlocking costs by gut without crunching any numbers.
    Last edited by Keaven; 09-20-2019, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shade Glow
    replied
    Originally posted by Keaven View Post
    If unlocking all gear, XP is not needed when focusing entirely on gem income efficiency, because the only reason to level up is to equip level 70+ gear to complete stars quicker.
    If you're focusing on reaching the maximum gem income rate, I disagree. I would say the only reason to level up is to unlock Smoke Screen at level 20. It allows you to complete stars more quickly, even when compared to running the levels with ultra high movement speed (the two are mutually exclusive). To maximize gem income, extra experience is definitely needed until you reach level 20. After level 20, it is best to avoid gaining experience. I haven't done a lot of testing yet, but so far the farming sweet spot seems to be between level 20 and 25ish. After that, a new hero should be created.

I'll have to mess around with this a bit and see how long it takes if I streamline the process. It usually only takes a few minutes to reach hero level 20 even when I use equipment that has not had the level requirement lowered. I need to measure how long it takes to reach level 20 and the rate at which gems can be farmed for each hero level after that. There are a few other factors to consider, such as each story mission's minimum completion time and the cost of creating a new hero.

Leave a comment:

• Keaven
    replied
    Originally posted by RedJiminy View Post
    Should the items we're lowering include xp or not? Is there any advantage to levelling seeing as it would only decrease move speed and damage as the k value goes up? Once we have smoke screen we could complete maps gaining almost no xp, just killing the boss and ending. Would it be possible to clear 810* and still be under L70? There's a rabbit hole to try out

I think for me I do want to reach L70. I have more fun killing mobs along the way than just running past everything, and if I'm watching adverts I get gems faster than when I do pure gem runs. The gold and materials from runs are important to me too seeing as I don't have time to do separate gem and material runs. I want to equip a full gold suit but don't want to lower a full gold suit. The answer for me is to reach L70 quickly.
    Whether to include XP or not on level unlocked gear for speed runs has as much to do with personal preference as it does practicality.

My main reason for including as high XP (and gold) as possible on all my speed running items is to maximise CL XP during a run.

Although the XP earnt is much less than trial farming, it is something, and I'm killing stuff anyway.

Other stat boosts have diminishing gains and are high enough there is negligable difference to DPS from including XP (and gold) on all items, particularly as CL increases.

I'm unlocking all my speed run gear to make runs faster and more enjoyable, and I don't level up in trials since I'm not getting anything useful. I use my main BH for farming gear and XP from trial 100.

Even before starting to unlock gear I was reaching level 70 before unlocking heroic difficulty crafting rare/epic XP gear every 10 levels or so.

If unlocking all gear, XP is not needed when focusing entirely on gem income efficiency, because the only reason to level up is to equip level 70+ gear to complete stars quicker.

Even if only killing bosses level 70 will be reached, but doing all stars on normal missions progressively should keep hero level lower for as long as possible maximising higher movement speed.

If not unlocking all gear, whatever is being unlocked should have XP so you can equip the best speed running gear you have, even if you then replace the gear used to level up.
    Last edited by Keaven; 09-20-2019, 02:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shade Glow
    replied
    I've just deleted my first BH and made a new one. Fun starting again, bit like an ANB.

My levelling up plan isn't quite as good as I'd hoped. It seems we can't unlock more than one trial at a time until we're L70, so we can't go shooting up to very high trial levels with max gear and level up in 10 minutes. So I lowered some Assault boots with move speed as well while I was on this run, following your suggestion. Still, I have levelled to 70 in about an hour and a half of real life time which is pretty good without boosts. When I started playing Eternium it took me weeks to reach L70.
    You could speed things up quite a bit by purchasing a 50% exp booster for 30 gems.

Leave a comment:

• RedJiminy
    replied
    You can't unlock all stars before getting to level 70. I would guess you will hit level 70 somewhere in Heroic difficulty.
    Ok thanks, good to know.

Leave a comment:

• RedJiminy
    replied
    I've just deleted my first BH and made a new one. Fun starting again, bit like an ANB.

My levelling up plan isn't quite as good as I'd hoped. It seems we can't unlock more than one trial at a time until we're L70, so we can't go shooting up to very high trial levels with max gear and level up in 10 minutes. So I lowered some Assault boots with move speed as well while I was on this run, following your suggestion. Still, I have levelled to 70 in about an hour and a half of real life time which is pretty good without boosts. When I started playing Eternium it took me weeks to reach L70.

Leave a comment:

• Shade Glow
    replied
    Should the items we're lowering include xp or not? Is there any advantage to levelling seeing as it would only decrease move speed and damage as the k value goes up? Once we have smoke screen we could complete maps gaining almost no xp, just killing the boss and ending. Would it be possible to clear 810* and still be under L70? There's a rabbit hole to try out
    I'm glad you brought this up. You can't unlock all stars before getting to level 70. I would guess you will hit level 70 somewhere in Heroic difficulty.

Once you unlock Smoke Screen, the movement speed benefit has already dropped to a fairly reasonable amount (about 48 feet per second). By level 30, it will be 44 feet per second. The benefit of trying to stay at a low level is there, but the cost is very high. It would take a very long time to gain a return on that investment.

For Mage and Warrior, I would not lower any EXP gear. That will only benefit Bounty Hunter.

Leave a comment:

• RedJiminy
    replied
    Originally posted by PoppaLlama View Post
    So in summary, would this be the more practical approach in getting Lvl 70 items on a lower level BH intended for 5 star gem farming?
    Well... not so much getting L70 items on a low level BH as levelling up a BH very quickly so they can use L70 items that haven't been lowered.

I would not worry about the Integralas Mantle. If I were on a budget, I would do 1 pair of Assault pants or boots (both if you want the extra movement speed), 2 weapons enchanted with Haste +100, and a set of jewelry. A piece of jewelry will offer the highest stat boost for a single piece of equipment. If I were on a very tight budget, I would do 1 piece of jewelry, 1 weapon, and 1 pair of Assault pants or boots. I would be sure to craft some other Assault pieces as I level up, in order to get the 4 piece set bonus.
    You're probably right about the Integralas Mantle, it's not good value. I had thought to include it because it can be worn by any character class so also useful for levelling up a warrior or mage quickly.

Including the weapons is a good suggestion. The extra range from tesla armaments is fun to play with. And huge damage would help levelling in trials quickly. Ok weapons are worth it even though they are class specific.

I think for me I do want to reach L70. I have more fun killing mobs along the way than just running past everything, and if I'm watching adverts I get gems faster than when I do pure gem runs. The gold and materials from runs are important to me too seeing as I don't have time to do separate gem and material runs. I want to equip a full gold suit but don't want to lower a full gold suit. The answer for me is to reach L70 quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Shade Glow
    replied
    Originally posted by PoppaLlama View Post

So in summary, would this be the more practical approach in getting Lvl 70 items on a lower level BH intended for 5 star gem farming?
    I would not worry about the Integralas Mantle. If I were on a budget, I would do 1 pair of Assault pants or boots (both if you want the extra movement speed), 2 weapons enchanted with Haste +100, and a set of jewelry. A piece of jewelry will offer the highest stat boost for a single piece of equipment. If I were on a very tight budget, I would do 1 piece of jewelry, 1 weapon, and 1 pair of Assault pants or boots. I would be sure to craft some other Assault pieces as I level up, in order to get the 4 piece set bonus.

Leave a comment:

• PoppaLlama
    replied
    My (much lower budget) plan would be to lower a set of 90% xp jewellery, max xp IM and a weapon or two, then hit trials and level up to L70 v quickly. After that you could equip anything you like without having to lower it. But for me it will take a long time. I'm still working through the stars on the heroes I already have, and with ANB silver and gold round the corner I'll be able to replace any characters with new L70 ones and keep going, so I don't know when I'll get to start lowering the level on equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Shade Glow
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

I was pondering the same, but I don't recall the hero level needed to unlock it (or any of the other relevant skills to be honest).
    Do we have an updated guide on BH abilities?
    It's unlocked at level 20. Honestly, you're not going to be able to complete a level faster by trading Smoke Screen for extra movement speed.

Leave a comment:

• MarkHark
    replied
    Originally posted by Keaven View Post
    Speed won't be as high by the time Smoke Screen is unlocked.
    I was pondering the same, but I don't recall the hero level needed to unlock it (or any of the other relevant skills to be honest).
    Do we have an updated guide on BH abilities?

Leave a comment:

• Keaven
    replied
    Lol looks like I'll be moving with taps (more like teleports) when using my gear at level 1.

...I'm not sure if it will be worth it to start working on another legendary set that doesn't have exp, at this point...
    Cheaper to reforge XP off if able, but it definitely would be the fastest way to gem farm, particularly given you can tap move to locations at screen edges to cover large distances the same way you can shortcut with warrior leaps, providing pathing doesn't glitch out at those speeds.

Best to turn auto attack after moving off and complete all stars in the lowest stages first to keep level lower longer if speed is the only priority.

Speed won't be as high by the time Smoke Screen is unlocked.
    Last edited by Keaven; 09-18-2019, 01:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shade Glow
    replied
    This thread is making it take quite a bit longer to finish my 5 star gem farming guide.

Leave a comment:

• MarkHark
    replied
    If I were trying this on a budget, my fast-track priorities would be: 1st- pants and/or boots with high MS, at least one of those if you can't afford both. 2nd- top XP jewelry; 3rd- Tesla guns; 4th- all the rest.

Getting a good movespeed bonus is much more crucial at this point than plain damage. Integralas bonus is also reduced at lower levels, so no priority there. A good compromise point between cost and sanity would be lowering 4-6 levels (20-40 gems) at a time. It saves about half the gems, while taking about twice the time. Even going in 8-level steps costs about one-third fewer gems.
    Last edited by MarkHark; 09-17-2019, 11:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X