What gear to farm for mage and bounty hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gear to farm for mage and bounty hunter

Hi there, I started playing a few days ago and I was wondering what the end gear looks like for mage and bounty hunter.
    Sso that I can start getting the recipe's and the like.
    I've read that the apprentice set for mage is awesome, together with deidre's and the necromicon but that info might be outdated.
    Haven't got a clue about bounty hunter just yet.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

You can check the top Leaderboard players so you get an idea of the most powerful builds. At topgame, most mages are playing either Arcanist or Regalia, and Most BHs are playing Stalker or Assault.

Comment

Regalia for mobile, arcanist for PC. Get the armor set and then the corresponding weapon set for it. Not much to it other than that... Crit damage on every item!
      Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
      Teran - CL2000

Comment

So the regalia and the grand magister's command set items. That leaves a cloak, rings and amulet to get.
        I have the legendary piece box from ironbound.
        Which piece would be best to get or doesn't it matter much, igneus, pillar of flame, glacies tempestas or integralas are all interesting or do I take a regalia set piece or maybe a ring or amulet?

Then for stats:
        leveling: For the moment I'm going with exp, power, haste and then either life on hit, or critical chance. movement speed on pants and boots.
        Trails: I was thinking going for cc, cd, power and haste.

Just having every piece be the same stats isn't the best way to go I recon.
        How to distribute them, which stats are key and have to be high and which ones I can skip or just take a tad from is still something I'm trying to figure out.
        If someone could give some recomendations about which stats are key, which numbers I should aim for and how to distribute them on gear I'd be grateful.
        Last edited by kamap; 09-06-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kamap View Post
          Sso that I can start getting the recipe's and the like.
          Welcome to the game! Yes, the apprentice information sorely outdated. I second the suggestions to look at the leaderboards to see what others are doing.

Get all the recipes whether you plan on using them or not. Never pay gems for a recipe. Never pay gems to refresh the recipes early. All the recipes will eventually be available for 50,000 gold. Buying all of them also serves the purpose of reducing the number of recipes that can be offered up for the 50,000 gold and eventually there will be only one, the last one.

Sounds like the "set piece box" that you have is a Random Set Item box. The only control you have over what type of set item is generated is for which class the set item is generated. The set item generated matches the class of the hero opening the box.

You are leaving out some critical information for those that wish to offer up advice. What level are your characters? A common refrain that you will hear is along the lines that what you need to get to level 70 will be different than what you need for early trials which is different for endgame. There are many threads out there that discuss balancing attributes and what abilities to use though it is always evolving so pay attention to the dates.

Some tidbits to help you along your way and so that you don't waste valuable resources. All the best gear is only available through playing Trials and Crafting. It is very rare to get set gear while playing Story Levels. In general, paying gems to open chests isn't worth it. Personally I don't do it at all as it burns through your gems very quickly. Be frugal with your gems as if you are using real money as gems are the currency of the game and may only be gotten through time invested or real money. Get familiar with the Daily Quests.

Do the Daily Quests everyday if you can as those are free gems. Each hero does not have to do the Daily Quests associated with that hero for the day. Open up all the Daily Quests as once and then start to play. Playing with one hero can clear the Quests for all heroes. Open up all five hero slots as soon as you are able and get all your heroes to at least level 9 so that all of them get Daily Quests and you may earn 100 gems a day.

The quests that most would consider the most onerous is the "Find and destroy 50 merlok toads." quest. That quest can easily be cleared with two runs of Marcus' Village and you do not even need to do the whole level as you just have to do the level up to the bridge while making sure to take the path to the right just before the bridge after you kill all the skeletons by the treasure chest. There are many merloks around the pond there that appear as you walk around the pond towards the treasure chest. Also, in general, anything that counts for the "Find and terminate 15 sisters of Ragadam." quest also counts for the merlok quests with some exceptions. The sisters in Act IV do not count as merloks is one exception.

If you have not reached level 20 yet then once you do you will get access to the Season 1 event that is presently going on for the roughly next 21 days. There are all kinds of freebies that kick in as you advance levels You just missed the A New Beginning (ANB) event. The next ANB cycle will typically start in probably around 6 weeks. The ANB event is a great time to create a fully unlocked character. You may fully unlock a character during ANB for around 265 gems rather than the over 4,000 gems it normally takes. If you want more details just hit me up with a question. I like to make sure players know how to play on the cheap.

The most important advice? Never be shy about asking or advice. There is a good community here that like to help others especially when they are new.

Comment

@Tin Man: Thanks for the advice I'm playing since sunday and my character is lvl 70 and some 200 ish champion levels.
            I'm clearing trail 30 in about 5ish minutes its a bit dangerous sometimes but I haven't died yet.
            For the moment I'm running that to get exp and some gear here and there.

I want to hear more about that ANB event, sounds interesting and that way I can use gems for other stuff. I'll probably just do my mage exclusively for a while but I'll start getting other characters to lvl 9 and have them sit there till ANB starts then.

I was wrong about the set piece box it's actually a legendary box that lets me choose what I want and what stats to give it.
            Last edited by kamap; 09-06-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I recommend starting by reading the beginners guide since you are so new to the game. It's a bit outdated, but still very helpful and links to other useful guides also.

As above, it's good to buy every recipe for 50K gold.

As it takes a while to get to the endgame, I would suggest focusing on gear that you will need and use in the meantime for farming the resources you will need by the time your characters are ready for climbing the ladder in endgame, such as; gemstones (for jewelry and socketing); gear itself; crafting materials to increase crafting mastery and ultimately craft top end gear you want later when you know what style you want to play; XP; and gold.

Bare in mind everything you find or make before level 70 will be superseded, and once you reach level 70 it still takes a fair bit of time and resources to farm/craft top rated endgame stuff.

You can also farm gems from story mode with this strategy, as well as daily quests and ad boxes.
              VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
              Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

@Tin Man: Thanks for the advice I'm playing since sunday and my character is lvl 70 and some 200 ish champion levels.
                I'm clearing trail 30 in about 5ish minutes its a bit dangerous sometimes but I haven't died yet.
                For the moment I'm running that to get exp and some gear here and there.

I want to hear more about that ANB event, sounds interesting and that way I can use gems for other stuff. I'll probably just do my mage exclusively for a while but I'll start getting other characters to lvl 9 and have them sit there till ANB starts then.

I was wrong about the set piece box it's actually a legendary box that lets me choose what I want and what stats to give it.
                The legendary box is very rare nowadays as there are now only two ways I know of to get them. The legendary box only generates a maximum of a level 70 piece. My personal experience has been that, on average, I get better level 70 gear with a legendary box than through crafting with my Mastery Level 50. My advice? Sit on the legendary box for a while until you figure out what you want. I would also set on the Custom Rare Jewelry boxes until you get a better feel for what you want. The Custom Rare Jewelry boxes are reasonably easy to come by, relatively speaking, but are still limited in quantity. You typically get one with an event called War Supplies and you can get three with each leg of the ANB event which has three legs for a total of nine for complete ANB.

Here is a posting about ANB events.

I will reach back out in a couple of days with why it is cheaper to create during ANB. I really should be working right now.

Also, those level 9 characters? Don't pay to expand their character stash as it requires gems and gets real expensive real quick. That is one of the things that is so much cheaper during ANB.

Expand out your Stash rows, which only costs gold, sooner than later to reduce the need of storing stuff in your characters storage. Yes, you will fill up your inventory on some story levels but just use the portal to return to town and dump inventory and then go back for more. You will not run out of basic character storage space when running a trial level unless you are get lots and lot of different kinds of gemstones.

Speaking of gems, there are ways to minimize the amount of space necessary to store them. Personally I do not store Teardrops or Trillions. These two types are not really used for anything. I keep Roughs and Commons because that is what you get from levels. I use Radiants as my primary storage as those are used for crafting and can be used to make Trillions as necessary for the very limited things that require them. I use Brilliants for the ultimate storage when my storage of any type of Radiants hits 200. Fusing 99 Radiants converts directly to 11 Brilliants as you can immediately fuse the intermediate Trillions to Brilliants.

I am sure that is more info then you ever wanted.

Comment

Tin Man: Your a goldmine of info about this game! I think I'll be contacting you more about this game when I get a better feel for it.

Comment

Tin Man: Your a goldmine of info about this game! I think I'll be contacting you more about this game when I get a better feel for it.
                    There are many that are much more competent then me that are just as willing to help or even more so.

Just do us all a courtesy and do a search of post with keywords for your question before starting a new thread. You will be surprised at the breadth of questions that have already been answered. Always feel free to tack onto the end of an older thread if your question involves issues being discussed in that thread. Months old and older threads pop up as a new post now and then because a player is asking for clarification on something previously discussed or is even asking for updates on what was previously discussed.

Take advantage of the community and enjoy the game. There is even a Discord channel that has players chatting almost all the time and there can be lots of discussions about gear and tactics there with charts galore from Martin especially.
                    Last edited by Tin Man; 09-06-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Just passed cl 350 and I'm grinding on trail 45-50 I clear those in about 5 minutes, got 3 heroes total, 1 lvl 70+ and 2 lvl 10's, working towards the 500 gems for another slot.
                      Only missing the regalia boots as of now.
                      Slowly working my way up to enough gold to start crafting my own exp gear regalia set.
                      After that I'll start getting the DPS pieces sorted out to push trails.
                      Once this season ends I get 1000 gems and I'll unlock an extra stash tab and I'll start working on rings and amulets.

The skills I'm working with and towards are: frostbolt, arc lightning, blizzard, immolate, singularity, celerity, power infusion, glass cannon and fleetfooted. The rest will follow later.

I think I'm doing ok, no?

Is there a website or place I can go to, to look at the different kind of sets and named items?

Comment

Is there a website or place I can go to, to look at the different kind of sets and named items?
                        Go to the blacksmith and look through the various crafting menus, all items are there, and you can see the set bonuses by pressing on the icon, you just can't craft those you haven't bought the recipe for yet.
                        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Go to the blacksmith and look through the various crafting menus, all items are there, and you can see the set bonuses by pressing on the icon, you just can't craft those you haven't bought the recipe for yet.
                          Wish I'd figured this out earlier lol
                          VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
                          Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

Working...
                          X