Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best tactics against fiery immolators / fiery summoners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tactics against fiery immolators / fiery summoners?

Hi all!

These fiery beasts are my personal nemesis. Even with 700k+ health I nearly get instantly killed when they cast their AoE fire barriers - because I happen to be right in the middle, right on the fire. Everytime. Spot on. It's like the precision I'm missing on mobile targeting is somehow transferred to the precision in standing in the midst of the fire. Plus, it feels like their recast timer is almost somewhat negative... but I guess that just is a consequence of my personal aversion. :-D

So, how do you guys deal with these beasts?
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 142, Rank #68
    Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 117
    Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103
    Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101

Mobile only

Depends on the class you play, but either avoid (i.e. restart level or try to skip them) or have enough toughness to survive one hit. With arcanist mage i can usually take several hits of them while shards are active. However your high health indicates you are playing warrior, not sure what to do then because warrior doesn‘t get damage reduction. Might be best to just avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Truxior View Post
      However your high health indicates you are playing warrior
      Nope, it's a stalker BH :-)

Originally posted by Truxior View Post
      ...but either avoid (i.e. restart level or try to skip them)...
      The problem with this is, that I'm not able to spot them on time. And since they are included in 9 out of 10 trials, restarting is neither an option...
      MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

Whenever I encounter them it always seems to be in the beginning of the trial. I pull a good amount with my mage so I spot them quickly. in that case I'd suggest just restarting the trail to avoid them.

Maneuvering to put them at the back of the pack works sometimes too because it seems they need to be within a certain distance to activate that skill. Flat out avoiding them until they lose aggro is another way to deal with them separately.

I don't really use BH but I imagine the traps would be a good way to slow them down enough to decide your next course of action.
        Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
        Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
        Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
        Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post
          I don't really use BH but I imagine the traps would be a good way to slow them down enough to decide your next course of action.
          Back when I used a somewhat quirky stalker build that in fact was actually my way of dealing with them: the magnetic trap. But now, since I switched to the common stalker build, traps do not belong to my skill set anymore. :-/

For me, these little bastards show up quite frequently even at the last half of the trial...
          MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post

Back when I used a somewhat quirky stalker build that in fact was actually my way of dealing with them: the magnetic trap. But now, since I switched to the common stalker build, traps do not belong to my skill set anymore. :-/

For me, these little bastards show up quite frequently even at the last half of the trial...
            They are an absolute nightmare once you have a decent sized pull. I hope someone else chimes in with some ways to work around them because things are 10x rougher when they enter the picture.
            Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
            Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
            Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
            Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Abandon. That's the best tactics.

Comment

After they cast their flames, they will have a cooldown where they won't cast more for a little bit. After that, run away and completely reposition. Get to an open area where you can dodge their flames more easily if they put any down. If the level is more closed off, like caves, or if there are multiple immolator packs, then this can be difficult and you may need to abandon.
                Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                Teran - CL2000

Comment

I'll try that, Terranisaur
                  MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

AoE... attack on everything?

Comment

The most important question is - "WTF!!??" Дело в том, что эти огнеметатели - не элита, не жабы, не сестры. Они - ебаная сука нахуй пехота! Мясо! Дешевая хуета из-под ногтей навроде скелетиков от призывателей. Повторяю вопрос: Какого, блять, хуя эта шлоебня так сильна в бою?!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf86PL View Post
                        AoE... attack on everything?
                        AoE = Area of effect. These are spells that affect an area rather than a single target. In case of the fiery beasts, they cast fire barriers, that rotate. And when they touch your character, it hurts. It hurts badly. :-)
                        MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

Working...
                        X