No announcement yet.

War Supplies event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well that's good to know. Thanks for clearing that up Travis!

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
      To be clear, I'm not trying to be abrasive or anything (tone can be tough to read through text), but I'm still confused. You're saying that the 15% gold drop boost isn't stated in the event description...but it is...
      Yea, i was really confused as well, and starting to question my reading skills already, after reading the description like 10 times only finding experience and gemstones in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
        Ah, I see. It should say "currency". The boosts given during events work the same way as the boosts you can buy.
        By saying currency, one might understand that these bonuses also affect random gemdrops (which I believe is not correct). Ruby's boosters clearly state "gold" and "gemstones", although they do carry "currency"in their name.

Comment

Travis, I know that this ventures into whining territory as it is a little thing but I feel it needs to be said. The frequency in which descriptions whether they be for events or items or you name it are wrong is far from negligible. The error rate is sufficient that I no longer even pay attention to what they say as I assume they are incorrect. Again, I know these are small things but small things matter and this is not a matter of changing code but a matter of simple text editing. It would be greatly appreciated if the devs review event banners and stuff to make sure the wording is not stale and is actually pertinent to the reason the text is being pushed. When you have been around for a while you really do not even pay attention but if you are new to the game then if can cause lots of misunderstandings and even, potentially, cost a customer.

There are enough things about the game that legitimately make us have to think and scratch our head like what gear to use and what trials to run. Figuring out what an event is all about or what a piece of equipment is supposed to do should really not be one of those things we have to spend brain power on.

I emphasize that this is a friendly chastisement for the game's betterment and not an angry rant. Just felt that the concern should be clearly stated rather than having to infer the concern from messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
            Travis, I know that this ventures into whining territory as it is a little thing but I feel it needs to be said. The frequency in which descriptions whether they be for events or items or you name it are wrong is far from negligible. The error rate is sufficient that I no longer even pay attention to what they say as I assume they are incorrect. Again, I know these are small things but small things matter and this is not a matter of changing code but a matter of simple text editing. It would be greatly appreciated if the devs review event banners and stuff to make sure the wording is not stale and is actually pertinent to the reason the text is being pushed. When you have been around for a while you really do not even pay attention but if you are new to the game then if can cause lots of misunderstandings and even, potentially, cost a customer.

There are enough things about the game that legitimately make us have to think and scratch our head like what gear to use and what trials to run. Figuring out what an event is all about or what a piece of equipment is supposed to do should really not be one of those things we have to spend brain power on.

I emphasize that this is a friendly chastisement for the game's betterment and not an angry rant. Just felt that the concern should be clearly stated rather than having to infer the concern from messages.
            Well said, totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
              ... but a matter of simple text editing.
              Seems to me that, in future, the ^C and ^V functions could be disabled during patch coding...

Comment

Working...
              X