Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep your season rewards till ANB starts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep your season rewards till ANB starts.

Season 2 just started and gold ANB will start the 15th if I'm not mistaken.
    If you unlock any rewards before ANB starts let them just sit there and grab them with your ANB character.
    It will help with getting some gear, crafting materials, gemstones and boosters.

For most this might seem as a pointless post but I'm sure others will have a 'That's actually a good idea.' moment.

I totally didn't think of that! I hope it's not considered an exploit!

Comment

Pointless. Your ANB toon is separate from your main account. You have two mailboxes, one for your ANB toon and one for you main. Your season rewards is sent ONLY to your main account mailbox and cannot be accessed by your ANB toon.

Comment

Things can change with Season 2 but I posted about this for Season 1.

See my thread here.

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post
          Pointless. Your ANB toon is separate from your main account. You have two mailboxes, one for your ANB toon and one for you main. Your season rewards is sent ONLY to your main account mailbox and cannot be accessed by your ANB toon.
          ^This^

Nice try, though.

Comment

Travis, Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering if the ANB heroes gold and gem awards would count toward Season 2. Looks like the answer is a clear No.

Comment

• Tin Man
              Tin Man commented
              Editing a comment
              During Season 1 your kills with your ANB hero counted towards Season 1 experience. The gem bank between regular and ANB is the same so all gems counted towards the Gem Bank. I want to say that even though the regular and ANB gold is separated that they ANB gold counted towards the Gold Bank. I could be remembering wrong on that last one.

It is just that ANB heroes can not collect Season rewards.

Sorry, but NO - yes I know it's not actually possible, but why are we even thinking of yet more ways to get things INTO ANB?

Seems to be the current trend... thinking everyone who did better is a cheater/exploiter, and then turn around and finding ways to get around things because the devs are making it too hard...

Having the medals and crafting is bad enough... one can debate the Gems...

(ok, I'm done, that's my rant for the day...)
            Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• lmcelhiney
              lmcelhiney commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, Nhat! I am also intrigued by comments from the many players who are programmers, as they define how things SHOULD be done.
              "Get rid of all the 'Alternate Rules' players immediately, but make it easier for me to get to the top!"

I wasn't aware that the season rewards and ANB was seperate thanks for clearing that up though. Sorry for leading people astray.

Nhat I'm not trying to get anything in ANB but if it was possible it would be a shame that some people didn't think of it and had a harder time because of it.

Comment

• ShotDead
              ShotDead commented
              Editing a comment
              This is why I don't like commenting feature, you can't "like" any comment.

• lmcelhiney
              lmcelhiney commented
              Editing a comment
              ...on the other hand, you can't "unlike" any comment, either! :-)

IF ANB truly means "A New Beginning", then nothing from your regular players should be accessible. No Medals, no gems, no Crafting Levels, no Recipes -- a true NEW beginning. As it has morphed, it is just a another "them and us" separator. If you already have medal, a large gem cache, top Crafting level and recipes, then it is relatively easy to progress in an ANB. If you are at the neophyte level, then it is just skill which moves you upward through the rewards. It is truly no wonder that many folks just complain about ANB.

• mousse
              mousse commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with Tin Man. I learned that it wasn't possible in Season 1 as well. It wasn't intentional. The rewards were not worthwhile so I didn't bother collecting them. The gemstones were nice. I collected those. Epic and lower were of no interest. Crafting Resources? I had plenty, except for MoT. You can never have enough MoT.
              Anyhow, when ANB started, I looked at all the seasons rewards I hadn't collected and thought exactly as you did. This stuff would be real helpful to my toon starting from scratch. So I started collecting them and it all ended up in my main account mailbox.

I do agree with medals not affecting your ANB hero
            It's hard enough as it is to get a good standing on the leaderboards.
            If you are later to the game it becomes even harder because you are behind on medals and it will be hard to earn any.

Comment

You can however boost XP and gold from blue quests without using your event timer in missions by completing them with another hero and claiming them with your ANB hero.

Any quest items collected this way cannot be removed from the heroes inventory that completed the quest without claiming until deleted or claiming the same quest later.
              VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
              Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

Originally posted by Keaven View Post
                You can however boost XP and gold from blue quests without using your event timer in missions by completing them with another hero and claiming them with your ANB hero.

Any quest items collected this way cannot be removed from the heroes inventory that completed the quest without claiming until deleted or claiming the same quest later.
                Ahh, no. That has been deemed exploiting the game and could be grounds for your rewards being denied.

Yes, technically you are able to do exactly what you said but the question was raised when Silver #3 started and Travis eventually, officially said that do so was unacceptable and could lead to repercussions. I do not recall the exact wording. I believe the thread was lost in the in the rollback as I am pretty sure the thread started after Silver #3 started, 18 October, while the rollback took everything back to 9 October. The thread was discussing whether the ability was desired feature, a bug or would just be considered exploiting.

So, I guess that officially means that Travis needs to make the same statement again before the start penalizing players but that kind of statement will likely be made again now that the idea has been raised again.

Plus? Ya never know. They stop that ability before they release Gold #3.

Travis, I guess you get to chime in again.

EDIT: Just an added note. I think that it is garbage that something that occurs right in your face during normal playing would be considered an exploit or otherwise inappropriate. This particular issue is right there. In your face. You do not have to do gymnastics nor any hacking. Expecting players to know innately that they are not supposed to are allowed to do this is absurd. Even relying on players to read a statement in the Forum or Discord that the practice is not allowed and could subject you to being bounced from an event is absurd as not everyone goes to the communication avenues. If you are going to announce that "Hey! You are not allowed to do X!" then the only universal communications means for the game is the in-game Mail. The best solution? If you don't want us to do it than take away the ability to do it. I also feel that claiming Daily Quests completed by regular heroes with your A New Beginning hero is against the spirit of what the event is supposed to represent.
                Last edited by Tin Man; 11-08-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

It's super simple. With the exception of Gems, Medals, and recipes, your ANB hero is supposed to be completely separate from your standard heroes. Any other crossing over of benefits, items, currency, etc. could have repercussions (i.e. punitive action). Play the game how it's intended to be played and you'll be fine.

Comment

Clear answer

Comment

Justice delayed is justice denied

Comment

What about daily rewards?
                        I have (reasonably IMO) used my ANB toon to take the daily reward. What say Travis?

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                          Editing a comment
                          Probably not intended, but not significant enough to be exploitable.
                      Working...
                      X