Can't get by Elban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get by Elban

I've about given up. lol. I started this game about a week ago, and the last 4 days of that has been trying to build up to get around Elban. I'm running a mage. I tried going up several levels, but of course, he just goes up with you. I went up high enough that I have blink, but I swear that just kills me faster. In reading the forums, I actually spent 500 gems on Maggie, only to find out she doesn't do Silence any more. (I don't mind losing the $2.50, but man, I wish she still had that. I just wanna get around this guy.)

My movement is 20.1. I don't have gear to make it higher. I am trying using Fleet Footed, but it's only level 5/15%, so not helping a bunch. :P

I have two pieces of the adventurer set, both rare and lower levels (33 and 38, and I'm 51). They add 153 to my critical rating, but I'm wondering if that is even helping. Should replace those with something better? I have two other adventure items, but they are level 21 and 36, and using them screws up recovery/damage/toughness. I've tried swapping out gear that boosts ability with gear that increases life/recovery/etc. I've even bought gemstone packages, and opened up sockets on armor that I know I won't be keeping. I think it's hopeless. lol.

I'm playing on my S8+. Does the device make a difference? I could try Windows - my internet might be faster there. Currently 309 down/165 up, which is a bit slower than normal; it's rarely lower than that, though.

I'm obviously doing this wrong. Help?
    Last edited by Kaidi; 11-29-2019, 05:31 PM.

Playing the Windows version doesn't help either. I keep screwing up the controls and doing things like blinking when I don't need to so the cooldown hasn't ended when I do. Sheesh.

Comment

Kaidi - Elban used to scare the hell out of me, but once you figure out the timing of his attacks, he is not so bad. You have to avoid the red circle when it appears on the map and run away from his life drain as soon as it appears. With a Mage you can attack from a distance and stay out of his attack range when the yellow arrow appears. Watch the blue bar above the red life indicator over his head and time your best attack skills to hit him when the blue bar drops to zero. He will reset soon after that so you only have a narrow window to make your best attack moves score maximum damage.

If your hero is only level 51 and your gear is lower than that, then you are trying to push trials too soon. Run through story board and lower level trials until your hero hits level 70 and you have a full set of level 70 gear.

FYI, Adventurer gear is the weakest of the sets. Try to build an Arcanist or Regalia set instead. The top Mages on the leaderboard are all using Arcanist gear sets with Eridinus and Acamar weapon sets, though there are still some fairly high level Regalia sets with Igneus and Glacies weapon sets. You need to decide what type of Mage you want to be, because you need to match your gear set, weapons, and abilities to that goal. My highest rated Mage is an Ice Mage with a full Regalia set, Igneus & Glacies weapons, Frostbolt and Arc Lightening primary attacks, Blizzard, Immolate, and Time Warp utilities, and Glass Canon, Celerity, and Power Infusion as passives. The key is that your weapons need to match your gear set and your attacks and utilities in order to get the most out of your Mage.

Don't give up! Once you build the right gear set, then Elban will be afraid of you.

Comment

Thanks, oh King of Kings! ;-) This is actually the Story not the Trials, so I can't get to part 4/get more quests other than dailies. It has slowed me down a bit. Going on non-quest XP, I think it's going to be a while until I hit 70. I'll see if I can stay back out of the way a bit better. (This last run I tried to move away to get a breather, but he followed me allllll over. :P)

I'm using Immolate at L8. I'll also switch to Blizzard. (I'd been using Frost Nova, because I have it up to L7, whereas Blizzard is only L5.) My third is blink at L6, and timewarp is only 5. I've got 5 levels before I'll see Power Infusion. :P

And I think I have one Arcanist piece, and the Grandmaster command set (but Stormblade is still better, probably due to the levels). Guess I'll go back to Trials 1-5, which is as far as I've gotten.

I just feel like I'm making things more difficult for myself re: Elban by leveling, or at least staying the same, because when I go up, he goes up anyway.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Maybe try doing trials to get exp and new drops or craft weapons that are your level. Also you unlock a 3rd active ability slot at 51. If you havent already pay the gems to unlock it.

Comment

Yeah, I did unlock that. I'm trying to get through trial 6 right now, though I may just go back and redo 1-5. I don't have enough gold to get many recipes, and I can only craft rare gear at this point. (I'm wondering if I just make some/sell some/make some/sell some, if my mastery level will go up so I can make better...?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidi View Post
              Thanks, oh King of Kings! ;-) This is actually the Story not the Trials, so I can't get to part 4/get more quests other than dailies. It has slowed me down a bit. Going on non-quest XP, I think it's going to be a while until I hit 70. I'll see if I can stay back out of the way a bit better. (This last run I tried to move away to get a breather, but he followed me allllll over. :P)

I'm using Immolate at L8. I'll also switch to Blizzard. (I'd been using Frost Nova, because I have it up to L7, whereas Blizzard is only L5.) My third is blink at L6, and timewarp is only 5. I've got 5 levels before I'll see Power Infusion. :P

And I think I have one Arcanist piece, and the Grandmaster command set (but Stormblade is still better, probably due to the levels). Guess I'll go back to Trials 1-5, which is as far as I've gotten.

Fingers crossed.
              OK You are at Crucible of Mawrth. A couple of things might help. First, if you are zoomed all the way out, you can cast a spell like Immolate or Blizzard over the wall. If you do this from one side, you have some time to move before he can run around to where you are. Second, with the Grand Magister's Command set, you can cast Immolate followed by Blizzard to get Thermal Shock bonus damage (or Blizzard followed by Immolate to get Shatter bonus damage). You should experiment to see which one Thermal Shock or Shatter gives you the most damage, and then hit Elban with both spells from a distance before his defenses are up. You will probably need to "kite" him for a while (i.e., run around keeping just out of his range) until your spells can be used again. You should also add Intense Training and/or purple gemstones to speed up the cooldown time between casting spells. I use a quick hit of Arc Lightening followed by Immolate/Blizzard then followup with with Frostbolt. Timewarp will slow down the time between his attacks. If you can keep Robin (archer) between you and Elban, she may be able to freeze him as he moves toward you, which buys time and increases your Frostbolt damage. The sequence of your attacks is almost as important as the gear you are using for bringing down a boss, like Elban.

Comment

Well, I zoomed all the way out, and tried that. And I tried with the GM command set, but it's just to low level and hurts my stats too much. I think I was at L44 when I took on this quest, and I am now at L57. I had already concentrated on amethyst already, and with Intense Training at L8, I'm up to 39% cool down. All attack slots are unlocked. I've also at this point gotten Power Infusion (though it's only at Level 6). I'm running Arcane Bolts and Frost bolt (though AB is only L5, and I almost never get to the second attack in this battle). I switch between Blizzard and Front Nova, plus Immolate and Time Warp..For passives, it's Power Infusion, Intense Training and Fleet Footed.

About the best I was able to do was get away from him far enough once to come back and loot the chest. Otherwise, I do 10% damage, I die, 10% gets healed, ad infinitum, until I finally give up and start over. I hit 5 and 6 on trials regularly, and have slightly upgraded a few pieces of gear. I did drop the adventurer's set. I need a decent tome. I had a great one a while back, then was playing around with the L42 Tome of the Void (with the skeletons) and accidentally salvaged the good one, and have yet to find anything to replace it.

I'm running Marcus, Eileen and Endar (I have Maggie and Robin, but I gather they are identical to Eileen and Endar?).

I'm just picturing myself months from now at level 80, still on Elban, still trying to get to Part IV. lol.

Onward.

(And thanks for your help! No worries, I'll get there. Just whining. ;-)
                Last edited by Kaidi; 12-01-2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Try going into the low level trials and getting xp. Maybe craft a blue and purple mix set. Power and xp should be blue. Purple pants and boots with movement speed power and xp. Maybe also buy an xp booster.

I think trial 1-7 ranges between level 10- 70? Or is that just on new hero's?
                  Last edited by Blp88blue; 12-02-2019, 03:41 AM.
                  • Zerg level 70 cl 600ish warrior dual weild
                  • ZergBH level 70 cl 600ish BH stalker

Comment

If you're char lv under 70 get asap to lv 70 at first, then set your gear to xp farm. Just like Blp88blue said .
                    Originally posted by Kaidi
                    You have mage as your char, as for skill it depend on what mage type that you build, arcanist or regalia build. As for weapon it depend on what type mage you want to use forward. Arcanist set weapon are Forbidden knowledge set, while regalia set weapon are Grand Magister command set.
                    The skill that used for those mage type also different. Arcanist using skill time wrap/paradox, blink, singularity. As for attack using arcane bolt as main and arc lightning for secondary.
                    Regalia mage skill are frost nova/blizzard, immolate, time wrap. As for main attack using frost bolt and arc lightning as secondary attack.
                    Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
                    Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
                    XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
                    Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
                    CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

You need to upgrade Glass Cannon and start using it asap. You don't need PI. Keep running away from Elban until you have recharged your abilities. Deploy the abilities and start running away again. If nothing else works, then get to lvl 70, get some CL points under your belt, make better jewelery and then return to him. It will be a piece of cake.

Comment

Glad to see you're still trying! They made the bosses a lot harder in ordinary play. As others, I suggest you try trials (there will be a lower level Elban to play against) to practice. You can pick up decent gear. Make sure to craft a reasonable jewelry set to boost your stats.

Typically, many players only play ordinary levels to the broken dragon, then do some trials. Once you reach level 70 that's the highest the ordinary bosses level to (with you) but you can gain additional champion points which will increase your stats.

When I just started I never used enough vitality (who needs life as a mage?). Try adding a few green gems. When you get more experienced you might swap them out (or not).

​​​​​​Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by shengabus View Post
                          Glad to see you're still trying! They made the bosses a lot harder in ordinary play.
                          It's get harder on normal, lot more harder on heroic and the most hardest on Legendary difficulty. I need a bit of time while killing Garm on Act IV, also on other boss of act IV. (While I'm running BH stars runner )
                          Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
                          Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
                          XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
                          Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
                          CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

5 days later, L70, CL60, 4 pieces of Regalia, plus the Forbidden Knowlege set, all gems are brilliants, through L12 on trials, with coffee...and I still cannot get past Elban in Normal Story Mode.

smh

lol. I'm going to give this another couple of days, and then just assume it's not my game. :P

Comment

Do you have movement speed on your legs and boots? If not get it. Clear all mobs around where elban is. When done approach and kill healers first. If you're not able to run away fast, he sucks your life. Good luck. Also you want the grand magisters command set with regalia.

Edit: as mentioned, stay out of the circle.

Comment

Working...
                              X