Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you know when to "get serious" ? Did you make a chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you know when to "get serious" ? Did you make a chart?

Hey.

So I came here for what I thought was a bug, but it was just my inept playing. Go figure. Anyway, I started seeing about upgrading my gear. I've been buying those schematics, err "crafting recipes", from the red pantsuit girl every session, switching to whatever character needs her first one. (the one you can buy with gold).

As for character gear I use what I find and what's given as quest reward mostly, but during the event one of the reward things was to make a bunch of legendary gear, so I started doing it blindly no planning, and then after making 2 pieces, I got scared... I burnt up almost all the top-end resources it took months to accumulate.

I also didn't know it was shared! Oops. Live and learn. That's when it dawned on me I don't collect very much of the top end stuff for crafting. Can you grind for it, or do you pay for it? Also I'm not clear on if we get anything back if we salvage it besides the bits we get when we salvage gear we find? Spending titans and spirits like they're endless is never going to be a thing for me, but knowing I will get ~50% back from test builds still wouldn't be enough for me to experiment! Too rare for my blood.

So what I wanted to ask, how do you know what style(s) work together when trial-n-error is such a short one-way journey? I assume they all work to a certain level else the forums would erupt in to "YOU MADE ME WASTE MY RESOURCES!!!111" kind of posts.

Like, just as an example, does Diedre's work well with a Rylocke's? Or would you be better served by a Viscera / Sanguinarius pair, all other gear aside? (Yes, yes, I get that we can have a multipage discussion on that one topic alone.) And clearly the 2/4/6 equip bonuses of set armor is supposed to rock your mind with questions like 4+2 of my two favorites, or all 6 to get that top perk of one... that's by design. How do you decide, though? Does playstyle matter, or is it just highest-stats-everything kind of building?

Because at this rate I doubt I'll ever use more than one set - I'm sure you pros have a grind set with all +exp +gold, and then your badass combat set(s).. I hate you. :-)

AND - I guess by virtue of that, you have to pick a class as your "main" for those same reasons, one you craft for, two that get hand-me-downs... although I kind of already knew that when I first saw the celestial stuff on the event leaderboard from the event and even the uberhardcore types who play hours a day and god-knows-how-much-$$$, have 2 maybe 3 pieces. Celestial essence must equal dollar signs!

Anyway, aside from the "what's best?" kind of threads that I can (will) go read, are there any external resources? Has some enterprising type made a eternium build simulator where we can spend theoretical components making weapons and armor... or a gdocs spreadsheet, anything like that?

I'm at the point where the more I read, the less I know. Oh well.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Short answer for right now?

There are really only two build types that works well for each hero class and some would say only one.

Mage? Arcanist for keyboard (PC)and Regalia for symbols (Mobile).
    Bounty Hunter? Stalker though I still prefer Assault.
    Warrior? This is where it gets more complicated. There are dual-wield warrior that use combinations of Juggernaut and Warlord. There are shield warriors that use Defender.

Do not even bother trying to craft high-end gear until your crafting Master Level is at least 25 when the Master Crafter kicks in and preferably not until you actually have the level to 50 for the maximum chance for level 72+ gear.

Diedre's and Rylocke's? Pretty much no one uses as they are remnants from when they were the strongest items at the time.

How to do all this? Grinding is the way.

What would I personally suggest to occupy your time right now? Grind gold for buying all the recipes and raising your crafting Master Level. You are going to need over 10 million gold to do both for the most part. Raising the crafting Master Level will require crafting thousands of relatively low level Rare gear to gain the necessary crafting experience to get the level where you want it. There are multiple threads that discuss the optimal gear type and level to craft to raise the level on the cheap. At least it used to, there are some sweet spots where you actually get more resources back than what it took to craft some lower level pieces which means you were really only blowing through gold.

The easiest way to figure out what is the current meta for any hero type? Look at the board leaders to see what they are using.

There have been no player developed simulators for gear, other than jewelry, that I am aware of. There are some simulators for optimizing Champion Points.

BTW? Most run three types of gear? Gear to beat trials which is the best Legendary set gear that they have. Gear to farm Experience which can be just Rare gear which is a whole lot cheaper to craft. Gear to farm Gold which is just like Experience gear but with Extra Gold instead of Experience.

I am sure others will have more to say.

You really do not want me to give one of my long answers.

Update: Crafting for Season Experience is a waste of resources. Just get the Season Experience from killing enemies. Ignore those useless bonus experience rewards that are negligible in the greater scheme of things.
    Last edited by Tin Man; 01-14-2020, 07:19 PM.
    My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2019-12-14

Comment

Tin, it might be kind of hard to use LB for guidance right now since they have removed it.

Tiny Juggernaut don't hate us, work to be one of us instead.

I started playing 11 months ago and remember seeing all those players with 2000+ CL and all legendary set gear and millions in gold and tens of thousands of gems, and thinking I'll never get there. You will. When you need help or suggestions on how to advance ask on forums. Every time I had a question it would be answered, sometimes by multiple players, and I have benefited greatly from their advice.

Tin Man was right on about crafting and having 3 gear sets. One for gold mining, one for XP grinding and final trial pusher with max damage/power. You can use a single hero and just change gear depending on task. I did this for first couple of months. Although after time it is easier to have 3 dedicated heros.

As far as what gear or hero to use. Yes, you have to experiment to find what works best for your play style. In warriors I still struggle with WarLord setup, but have got Juggernaut and Defender working for me. Likewise I have one gold miner BH who uses Assault and another that uses a Havoc setup. My XP grinder is a Jugg warrior, and trials pusher is a BH with full Stalker gear and Shadow Assassins gun set for maximum damage. I experimented with different sets and weapons until I found what worked best for me. And ask questions.
      Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
      (CL 2000+)
      Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
      Magenta - mage (ELR)
      Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner)
      Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner)
      Rageon - Warrior (Defender)

Comment

A relatively "easy" way is to craft level 1 (adjust to your available resources) Uncommon (green) of each set, and then try it out and see if the playstyle suits you - sure it'll use up your Mark of Titans, but not many... I did that a while ago, with level 70, just so I have one of each set - they're all salvaged now though.

Edit:
        To clarify, the main questions you're trying to answer when deciding which set to use are:
        - Do I like how this build play? and
        - Can I maximise the damage output of this build?

If "no" to the first, then move on and try a different set. If "no" to the second, keep experimenting and ask for advice - which then may need a review of the first question...
        Last edited by Nhat; 01-15-2020, 12:05 AM.
        Eternium Files - links and details (13 Dec 2019 - Changed links to file, please update if you have them book-marked)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
          Tin, it might be kind of hard to use LB for guidance right now since they have removed it. ... :
          Doc, Doc, Doc, Doc, Doc! How dare you provide such erroneous information? Here I sit staring at the defective leader board right now!

I have my leader board positions showing on my Windows PC, iOS device and my Android device. Oh! Wait! You are one of those poor saps running the beta!

The leader board is still available, without a reset, to everyone that is not running beta v1.4.40.

My advice was, for the time being, still solid.

Eternium Files

Comment

Once again I stand corrected by a more knowledgeable individual.
            (CL 2000+)
            Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
            Magenta - mage (ELR)

Comment

• Tin Man
              Tin Man commented
              Editing a comment
              No. No. No. No. More knowledgeable I am not. More anal? That I am guilty of.

Just so that those that may not be familiar with the exchanges between RockDoc and I, my comments are all just a good natured ribbing. Doc is a Rock of the game and I greatly appreciate him.
              Last edited by Tin Man; 01-15-2020, 09:33 AM.

• RockDoc
              RockDoc commented
              Editing a comment
              "Doc is a Rock of the game", wish they had a ROTFLMAO emoticon.

Originally posted by Tiny Juggernaut View Post
            Hey.

So what I wanted to ask, how do you know what style(s) work together when trial-n-error is such a short one-way journey? I assume they all work to a certain level else the forums would erupt in to "YOU MADE ME WASTE MY RESOURCES!!!111" kind of posts.

Like, just as an example, does Diedre's work well with a Rylocke's? Or would you be better served by a Viscera / Sanguinarius pair, all other gear aside? (Yes, yes, I get that we can have a multipage discussion on that one topic alone.) And clearly the 2/4/6 equip bonuses of set armor is supposed to rock your mind with questions like 4+2 of my two favorites, or all 6 to get that top perk of one... that's by design. How do you decide, though? Does playstyle matter, or is it just highest-stats-everything kind of building?

Because at this rate I doubt I'll ever use more than one set - I'm sure you pros have a grind set with all +exp +gold, and then your badass combat set(s).. I hate you. :-)

AND - I guess by virtue of that, you have to pick a class as your "main" for those same reasons, one you craft for, two that get hand-me-downs... although I kind of already knew that when I first saw the celestial stuff on the event leaderboard from the event and even the uberhardcore types who play hours a day and god-knows-how-much-$$$, have 2 maybe 3 pieces. Celestial essence must equal dollar signs!

Anyway, thanks for reading!
            Hey Tiny J,

As far as I'm concerned, trying the different gear sets and skill combinations is part of the fun. My favorite gear and skill sets are not what the top dogs on the leaderboard are using. But that's OK with me. I'm in no hurry to be #1. My advice is to slow down, smell some roses and enjoy the journey.

FWIW, If you pay attention to it, developing all your heroes of whatever class, you will gradually accumulate good gear for all of them. No hand-me-downs required.

Comment

This is going to be all over the place, just run with it... lol fragmented brain writing a novel-level post over 10 hours
              -----

>> The easiest way to figure out what is the current meta for any hero type? Look at the board leaders to see what they are using.

>> Tin, it might be kind of hard to use LB for guidance right now since they have removed it.
              >> Doc, Doc, Doc, Doc, Doc! How dare you provide such erroneous information? Here I sit staring at the defective leader board right now!

Well, either way, I found the thread about the cheaters and the leaderboard top people... So, good call. :-) This is my intro to taking this "seriously", if you can call it that, asking for advice and doing research... and oof the cheating... the rankings and everyone comparing that leaderboard screenshot and their champion levels and DPS and what gear/weapons are in use, and just having a frank discussion about what's possible and what's not. It is over my head but comparing numbers is easy enough.

What I am liking most though, not so much seeing who's using what as I was hoping, is the other players, pointing out the honorable, the exploiters, and the flat-out blatant cheaters doing arguably criminal tactics. Some people take this a bit too seriously, but who am I to tell someone how to spend their free time and their money? It is kind of shocking, though. I mean. Damn. (Course some of them are botting, and that's technically cheating but also kinda isn't, just automating playing, they'll still have the required hours in-game to have the levels and resources they do... but still, it's a huge advantage, and yea I guess it's unfair. But not really the same as giving yourself ubergear that doesn't even exist.)

Gotta say, I was happier not knowing. Oof.
              -----

But that's not really what I was asking re: builds. What I mean isn't is Havoc better than Stalker, I assume as long as you're using the proper skills that get the boosts you'll do OK, but no, it was more like, is haste/deflect/CR/CD better than haste/regen/CR/CD for Stalker gear, etc. I've "fallen down the rabbit hole" on some things, like Trouble's BH statistics table... yowza.

Wow the search sucks when your keywords are common terms. I'm trying to find out if you get your runes back should you salvage the weapon they're attached to, or not. But searching for just that I get hundreds of posts related to which rune is better, why BH gets a choice when the other two get just RotS, blah blah blah. For me that's a lot of spirits so I don't want to "waste" them by putting 2 bombardments on mediocre pistols if it takes me months to replace the resources.

Another Q although this is probably easy to look up, regarding Tin's mention of dedicated characters, how hard is it do sync multiple (but not necessarily simultaneous) devices to the same account? Like, I'll leave the tablet at home, and that's where I'll go the hard stuff, and for commuting and other idle boredom, I'll do the xp/gold/grinding on the phone. But, you know, I'm lazy and don't want to pop the microSD out each time and risk dropping the tiny thing. Is it better to sync or to not sync to makingfun ? I'm sure there's a thread or 10 on this exact thing but since we're talking and I'm getting custom support...
              ----

Thanks Nhat, but honestly that's a bit too basic. It's a game meant for mass acceptance, it's not like I'm looking for "a secret build" that only 250,000 people know. :-) I just don't want to waste resources. Which kind of goes into what Ubba points out; and sure while experimenting is fun, it can be very costly if you're building the missing bits.

I instinctively save legendary set and unique gear with even weak stats, to try out it once I run across enough to make the set bonuses trigger. I found a 72nd legendary carnival cape with CD/CR/49 gold/48 exp that I move between characters, but I can't imagine I'll find 4 full sets of gear with excellent/perfect stats anytime this year.

But as for crafting? No blankin blank way! I guess I need a ballpark for a lot of things, like in this case, exactly how much something costs, in how many levels or hours of grinding, in run-of-the-mill gear, equals to crafting. To use my first post example, crafting a max Legendary Deidre's Resolve takes 426k gold, 101 mithril, 51 cured leather, 15 mark of titans, and 36 of each greater essence per attribute. How long does that take to accumulate, remembering that I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't advance to Trial 50 after ~6 months of playing at CL 300 ish... 2 hours? 20 hours? 200 hours? Not easy to calculate? Etc.

re: lvl1 crafting, I did do exactly that just by common sense... a "hey I wonder if this'll work?" experiment and once I discovered it didn't matter what lvl gear you rolled to have the chance to unlock the next crafting level, I wasted a few dozen lvl1 crap getting most things unlocked to Epic or Legendary... but the experimenting you mention requires collecting a full set of havoc, assault, etc for each character, I don't think there's enough storage space! It takes me 3 pages just to do a ring to Epic and that's not even taking only the top ones, more like the top 4 or 5 values, as I get bored easily and you can't salvage but have to sell em. Maybe if I concentrate on just one character at a time? Hmm. You've given me something to think about, thanks!
              ----

Play style, I do notice I never two-finger. I know that's why a lot of people want to play on PC so instead of targeting with taps you pick skills that just activate and spam 1 and 2 keypresses. I did initially do both and alternate but the more I play, the more I notice I don't, and just power through enemies that would be taken out faster with the other skill. I do drop a 2nd primary into the slot, I just never use it. As for upgrading, like most other games, I assume the last unlocked skill is the best base attack, so that is the first one I got to 10 on all characters, same for passives and actives, the last 3 get maxxed first, then I'll experiment... the BH I did differently because I made him for the event so I built the skills up that I was finding fun/usable, which makes sense, but that's also why he's the only one halfway though legendary pass and the other 2 are first planet of heroic. (Didn't grasp you got to keep the character afterwards, thought it was disposable and you got to keep the loot.)

Thanks to you guys I know 25 is minimum (both for Master, but also for your Scrapper / Scrounger levels) and that 50 is better, so I'm only slightly embarrassed my Legendary rolled for the event bits were done at 6, which spending that kind of resources brought me up to 8 or 9 instantly (I'm at Mastery 10 now), but damn what a waste of early resources that was, no wonder the stats were either posted as tagless or good, when the lvl1 stuff was perfect excellent etc. Well now I know.

Thaks for all this! I'm loving it!

Comment

I can answer one question out of that

If you salvage an item with a rune / enchantment applied, it's a case of wave goodbye to the rune / enchantment. They are not returned when you salvage.

As far as how long it takes to farm gold and greater essences, there's no easy answer. For 426k gold you can get this in 5 days from completing the 5 daily quests each day, or if you have gold farming gear it can be done in under 5 minutes at around 2.2k extra gold. 36 Greater Essences would be somewhere in the region of 20 - 30 runs of Trial 80 (an exact figure is impossible to give) and this should have the Mark of Titans covered too. I don't really pay too much attention to things like cloth, mithril or silver though.

I guess the main takeaway from this is expect to farm a lot if you are going to be playing seriously.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Asad Butt
                  Asad Butt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  According to my estimate, 20 to 30 runs of TL 80 should give you about 800-1000 Greater Essences and 12-20 MoTs. 20 to 30 runs of TL 90 should give you about the same number of GE's but 65 to 100 MoTs.

• Wispy
                  Wispy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I was only quoting one for essence type and not factoring upgrading Lesser Essences or Essences. I've had runs of doing Trial 80 10 times and received just 12 Greater Air but 50+ Greater Water. That's why I went with such a conservative number

• Asad Butt
                  Asad Butt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I get your point. Not all the essences you get are actually usable unless you pay a lot of gold to upgrade and especially transmute them.

But you did ask "when to 'get serious"".

About syncing, syncing is really easy. Just make sure that you log out before your change devices. If you don't log out? You could inadvertently not have saved a most recent version of your your hero and lose the bit of gold, gems or items that you last gathered. The game does automatically save but forcing a log out makes sure that you have to log in when you resume play on that device which in turn makes sure that you pull the latest version from the server. While not strictly required the logging out before changing devices is good housekeeping and keeps everything happy.

If you don't log out? The world will not end. I tend to log out and log back on a device before I start playing with it.

Just so that you, you will not get any good gear from the story levels though those are the levels you have to farm for gold and resources.

Depending on the gear you currently have and the resources you have available there is a poor mans way to fill an immediate need. Say that you have two pieces of a weapon set but one is just really, really terrible with damage as in it is a level 70 with a damage rating of a level 65. Well, weapons are the most expensive piece to craft along with capes. You can craft an Epic piece for way cheaper at the expense of one attribute.

I still encourage you to just be patient before spending resources on serious crafting until after you max out your crafting Mastery Level. I am one of the people that hate farming and do not like crafting temporary pieces. Getting that Mastery Level up is especially important for A New Beginning events.

FYI the major issue with the leader board right now is not anyone that is doing anything wrong but simply that the difficulty was raise a couple of months ago and legitimate players can not beat their prior accomplishments because the top trial level they can beat is now 20-30 trials lower. The mix of equipment types and attribute values still hold true but your results will vary.

Some players as passionate about finding ill gotten players as I am about my rabbit holes. Everyone likes to focus on what interests and is important to them. Not a big deal. Everyone is just different.

My kids have their noses tuned to huntin' wabbits. Others have their kids noses tuned to finding thievery or corpses.

If you ever see an Elmer on the leader board? That is one of my testing, wabbit huntin' heroes.

Eternium Files

Comment

But that's not really what I was asking re: builds. What I mean isn't is Havoc better than Stalker, I assume as long as you're using the proper skills that get the boosts you'll do OK, but no, it was more like, is haste/deflect/CR/CD better than haste/regen/CR/CD for Stalker gear, etc. I've "fallen down the rabbit hole" on some things, like Trouble's BH statistics table... yowza.

Wow the search sucks when your keywords are common terms. I'm trying to find out if you get your runes back should you salvage the weapon they're attached to, or not. But searching for just that I get hundreds of posts related to which rune is better, why BH gets a choice when the other two get just RotS, blah blah blah. For me that's a lot of spirits so I don't want to "waste" them by putting 2 bombardments on mediocre pistols if it takes me months to replace the resources.

Another Q although this is probably easy to look up, regarding Tin's mention of dedicated characters, how hard is it do sync multiple (but not necessarily simultaneous) devices to the same account? Like, I'll leave the tablet at home, and that's where I'll go the hard stuff, and for commuting and other idle boredom, I'll do the xp/gold/grinding on the phone. But, you know, I'm lazy and don't want to pop the microSD out each time and risk dropping the tiny thing. Is it better to sync or to not sync to makingfun ? I'm sure there's a thread or 10 on this exact thing but since we're talking and I'm getting custom support...
                  Right now, for BH nothing beats the Stalker build with shadow assassins pistol set for pushing higher level trials (its is the Snipe DOT and poison cloud bonuses). I enjoy the Havoc build with Igniters pistol set, but even with decent weapons I can't get past trial 103. But hey, I love all the explosions!!! I have one of each type, but I would prefer to run Havoc if only the developers would put some extra punch into the Havoc build damage; it really needs a DOT option to compete with Stalker.

As Wispy points out, enchantments are lost forever if you upgrade or salvage that piece of gear, so use them wisely. The same goes for adding a socket to be able to get the gemstone bonuses, but at least you can unsocket the gemstones and use them again on something else. Enchantments are lost forever, and they do not even factor into what you get back when you salvage.

It is really easy to switch between multiple platforms. You just need to make sure that your internet connection is active before you close the game. If the dot is red or blue, then you could lose your progress. Click on the green dot in the upper right hand corner to make sure that your game is saved to the server. I switch back and forth between my PC, Android, and iPhone throughout the same day, though mostly I just use the iPhone to check on abilities upgrades during ANB events since the screen is a bit small for competitive play. I use a stylus with my Android to get better control of movements and targeting. After a while you get pretty fast drawing runes, but its still not as fast as using keyboard buttons.

Comment

• RockDoc
                    RockDoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How do you deal with the two finger tapping to use second attack with your stylus? I tried using stylus but had to use single tap attack most of time.

• Ozymandius
                    Ozymandius commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @RocDoc - I mostly just depend on the primary attack that works best with the weapons set bonus (e.g., Lethal Shot for Stalker build and Explosive Shot for Havoc build). I haven't played with an Assault build due to low quality weapons, but I think that Scatter Shot gets the bonus with that gear set.

Aww no returns on runes or enchantments? That feels like a cheap shot. We can recover gems, which OK, at the beginning feels like we'll never get more than a couple Brilliants, and then <poof!> Months pass, and you've got dozens of each and hundreds of component bits... but stuff that can take those same months to have the bits to build only a couple, are lost... boo. Boo I say. Well, thanks, glad I never put one on a lvl 38 weapon thinking I could keep using it for awhile! :-)

re: the BH poison stuff, never saw the need, but since there's both pistols and set armor to take advantage of it, clearly the devs thought it was going to be popular. Course it turns out to be the best. lol. And you are preachin' to the choir re: phone screens, I never even noticed there was a Trials countdown timer bar. On the tablet it's obvious, on the phone it's almost invisible. (and on the phone I keep the brightness down to conserve battery, on the tablet the green background as time elapses is very noticeable)

I dig the electric gun pair with assault or adventure gear, so those are too generic of builds/skills and that can't go very far? Bummer. I also want to try the havoc with the traps and heatseeker setup with the fire guns...

Wispy dude I can't beat T49 with my current stuff, well I can, just not under the 10 minutes to progress and not without dying half a dozen times, this is how I ended up on the forum. ;-) So quoting T80 stats gives me something for the future, but won't help me til I find or craft new stuff. Do you know, does it scale linearly? Can I assume T40 runs will generate 1/2 of the titans a T80 run will? re: "at around 2.2k extra gold" -wait, how do you see that? I can see all my +xx% values, how do you calculate? Where's the base value shown? Are the percentages compounded or just sequential added bonuses?

Also, is the craft system as it is now, still new? I mean it appears once you unlock an enchantment or rune it's unlocked for every character, but say unique capes, you still have to unlock for each... when, since they have boosts that are universal, and since build resources and crafting mastery are shared, you can just login as a character that's already unlocked it, craft it and put it in the chest? I mean, sure when you're rich what's 200 gems if you can't wait til it rolls up on the 50k gold position, but it just seems like someone "forgot"?

Well, I passed Master Crafter 25th, anyway. Almost to Master 30th but running out of gold long before the low-end resources. You weren't exaggerating about the cost, Tin. 10th-29th has cost about 1 mil and a [expletive deleted] load of time, about 2 hrs. I did a lot via the recommended lvl 19/rare method but +37 is raindrops in the sea after a certain point, so I moved up to epic at +98, but probably not optimal, don't see a lot of guides on how not to waste the 'good stuff' but still increase with minimal taps...

So now I needs to do some farmin', wascally wabbit. I went waaay too low and won't even be able to buy crafting recipes tomorrow.

What's best for a fast influx of cash? levels you can scream through easily, or your highest level regardless generates the most regardless minutes required to clear? I have a few 100% and 200% looters left, what are the best places to utilize that? (I guess private message if it's a uber-secret fishing spot, I won't share. shh.)

Final Q for now: Anyone done any stats comparison on salvaging? Specifically individual salvaging vs. the one-tap all-<rarity>-and-below salvage? I swear it seems I get better doing individual, but it could just be bias. I was annoyed at how long it was taking so I didn't take any notes, but I might later when it takes much more to increase levels.

Comment

The best for gold grinding is running Darkhold Citadel with a ELR mage or a BH with 4 assault (if that is the one giving movement speed boost) with as much +MG% you can get.
                    Here is more info about it.
                    Last edited by kamap; 01-17-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Tiny J, this response is not going to comprehensively address all your questions, but should answer some of them.
                      The crafting system is about a year old. Enchantments and capes are only things that can be used by every hero type, and most enchantments are specific to certain gear pieces, so even they aren't completely universal. Most other gear is hero type specific, including everything you wear. Guns can only be used by BH, sword and shield sets can only be used by warriors, but Deidres Resolve (a unique sword) and Rylocke's Deflector (a unique shield) can also be used by mages, and staffs and tomes can only be used by mages.

Best place to mine gold is either Morgenheim or Drakenmoor Catacombs on 4th world/act, especially when using a gold booster. You can easily earn 3-5 million over 30 min with a 200% gold booster and a hero with at least 500% EG. That's why gold miners are so prevalent with experienced players, and why they have separate gold miners. It can be time consuming and expensive to get gold on every piece, so when you get them, you keep them. Plus, you don't have to have super powerful gold miners. Many players use green & blue (uncommon and rare) gear for their gold miners. Since they only run story mode they don't need the high power needed for XP mining or Trial pushing.

You will get a much better resource yield by salvaging enmass. Fill your inventory then salvage all. You will definitely gain more by salvaging multiple pieces rather than one at a time. Your best yield comes when you can fill your inventory with Legendary gear pieces and salvage them all. Once you can get to T75 you pretty much only get Legendary gear and salvaging them will get you MoTs. You can also buy MoTs from Ruby, but that gets really expensive.

Havoc and Assault are both good BH sets and their weapons sets compliment each set well. They just don't have the killability of the Stalker with Shadow Assassin gun set. That's why top BH are Stalker, but you can still get good results with other sets. I use Assault for my gold miner on main account and Havoc on my beta account. In general, Adventurer gear sets are weakest of sets for all heros so many players, including me, don't even bother buying them.

I hope that answers more questions than it raises.
                      (CL 2000+)
                      Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
                      Magenta - mage (ELR)

Comment

Wispy dude I can't beat T49 with my current stuff, well I can, just not under the 10 minutes to progress and not without dying half a dozen times, this is how I ended up on the forum. ;-) So quoting T80 stats gives me something for the future, but won't help me til I find or craft new stuff. Do you know, does it scale linearly? Can I assume T40 runs will generate 1/2 of the titans a T80 run will? re: "at around 2.2k extra gold" -wait, how do you see that? I can see all my +xx% values, how do you calculate? Where's the base value shown? Are the percentages compounded or just sequential added bonuses?
                        RockDoc has covered the extra gold question, a base value of 500% + with a 200% Extra Gold booster will give you those sorts of returns.

With regards to drops, salvage results and whether there is any linearity - I definitely don't have enough data to say. That said, I did do 30 runs of Trial 40 and 30 runs of Trial 80 today and made a chart ? I appreciate this is nowhere near enough data to make any assumptions but a summary of results is below.

(First number is the Greater Essences received in salvage, the second number is the amount of transmuted Greater Essences from lower tiers)

Trial 40
                        Air : 16 + 28 = 44
                        Water : 20 + 36 = 56
                        Fire : 26 + 23 = 49
                        Shadow : 6 + 21 = 27
                        Earth : 26 + 23 = 49
                        Mark of Titans = 34
                        ​​​
                        Trial 80
                        Air : 56 + 51 = 107
                        Water : 102 + 85 = 187
                        Fire : 38 + 36 = 74
                        Shadow : 70 + 49 = 119
                        Earth : 62 + 54 = 116
                        Mark of Titans = 42

All runs were completed with the same character, with only "Boss Kill Drops" counted. Salvage occurred after every 10 trial completions so 30 items were salvaged at a time. Finally, my account has max crafting so the Scrapper perk is 25% chance to salvage double.

Comment

Working...
                        X