Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you know when to "get serious" ? Did you make a chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually it does, comprehensively!

Although you and kamap broke my brain, I mean OK granted I'm here trying to learn so I guess I am not the same as those newbies... but damn, "You can easily earn 3-5 million over 30 min with a 200% gold booster and a hero with at least 500% EG" --- that seems ludicrous to me. At least?! AT LEAST?! So that's 10 of your 12 items with 50%?! I'm guessing that equates to 6 on armor, cape, and all 3 jewellery? Then if you find both hand and off-hand that's just gold gravy ?! Sorry I am looking for my eyeballs, they're on the floor somewhere.

I can pull maybe, MAYBE, 3-5k per run on the citadel or the keep, and that's me killing every single loose mob. Granted I don't have 500%, maybe 100%, and I'm guessing legendary/heroic/regular matters too (this seems to scale, 20k-25k is my top with the 200% booster active, so that part makes sense), and a run takes me maybe 7 minutes? But it still doesn't add up, I guess I need to run through it much faster, getting 4 runs per duration of 200% powerup, pulling in ~100k...and you're saying that's 1/30th to 1/50th of what's possible?! 5x my 100% +gold boost would be 500k not 5m.

What you're claiming seems impossible from all the way down here at the bottom of the mountain! But I'll believe you since you've got no reason to lie, and start paying attention for +gold only stuff, god I've salvaged so many that had 50+% because I thought the non-combat related like exp, gold, movement speed, etc were a waste of a stat. I guess that highlights the need for dedicated gear sets or dedicated players. I knew this earlier, but since it costs so much gems to unlock all the chest pages, I haven't done that yet. Only 2 characters have full inventory slots opened, just saying. (None of them have extra upgrade slots open, all my lvl10 skills have been done one-at-a-time.)

Time to roll a banker bountyhunter.
    New BH armour set: Lazarus
    I'm a gold farmer, muthaf....

Comment

Wispy OK that's actually pretty good sample size! Q: since T40 should be zero risk for you and the mobs fall as soon as you target them, do you know what the time per run or overall-all-30 was? I mean 34 vs 42 MoTs, if 40 was 50% easier or faster, it is kind of like the crafting Mastery thing where we're building lvl19s not 70s; more reward for less effort/time?

Thanks for doing that! That's so cool.

Comment

• Wispy
        Wispy commented
        Editing a comment
        I was plodding along on a Kindle. Trial 40 runs were about 40 - 50 seconds, Trial 80 runs were 70 - 80 seconds.

Something else to bear in mind on the gold farming side - eventually you'll get 50% extra gold from allocating you Champion Points (it's on the Utility page for allocating the points). You can also make "Pure Gold" jewellery where you just use Extra Gold rings or necklaces and fuse a single stat legendary. I made a necklace just using any Extra Gold necklace without caring about the stat value - it has 136% Extra Gold.

Tiny Juggernaut , I read your comment, then went back and reread mine keeping in mind how I felt when I was at your level. That was where a ROTFLMAO emoticon would come in handy.

I understand how absurd and out of reach the BH I described to you sounds. However, with some time and playing you too will be making gold like what I described. There are several threads on the forum on the best way to maximize your gold run returns while minimizing time spent on level. There are some who can run Morg or Catacombs in 30-45 sec, whereas if I push my gold miners I can do them in about 1.5 min. There is also debate on whether avoiding all mobs and going straight to boss is better than taking out all mobs and clearing all chests. Personally I like to get it all, even if it takes me a minute more. I have a gold mining BH on 2 accounts. The main has 756% EG while beta has 747% EG. For both BHs, every piece of gear and both guns are legendary and have EG from 41-61%, while EG on jewelry ranges from 62-102%. Mind you it's taken me almost a year to develop all my heros, and several ANBs and 2 seasons to accumulate the gear needed.

FYI: You don't want to make the mistake of putting together a joint gold and XP hero. While it sounds like it might work, been there, done that, and bought the farm. Complete waste of resources. While both require high movement speed, XP miner needs much more power and damage to complete higher trial levels to gain more XP, whereas gold miner just needs to be stronger than level 70 mobs and bosses in the story.

BTW I think your gold farmer pic would make a great icon for you.
      Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
      (CL 2000+)
      Ravenstar - BH
      Magenta - Mage
      Greystone - BH
      Rageon - Warrior
      Rageon - Warrior

Comment

I know you guys are not bragging, it is just that I'm so far back I can't see the paths you walk on.

No, you all have done a great job explaining the need - outright necessity - of specializing. But Wispy's 40-50 secs for T40 and your 90 secs for morgenheim or drakenmoor... I mean... it still just seems laughable. Even going back to Trial 10, I cannot kill enough people to get the boss to appear in FORTY freaking seconds, much less kill him. I... I mean... am I that bad at this? But also I think I just had a lightbulb moment - I don't use movement speed.

None of my gear has movement, I thought it was a wasteful stat, it's for those impatient people... I mean I don't care how fast I move. But apparently that's a fundamental misunderstanding about the game! ( Actually I do have I think +20 movement, from from the champion points thing; like most everyone I'm guessing, I distribute them all evenly, well, but I might change that now since I'm learning to play better, but you guys make it seem farther away than I already thought it was! haha. )

re: avatar, I tried, but Kirk Lazarus from Tropic Thunder didn't look very good when scaled to a max 80x80, couldn't even tell it was a pic, looked more like abstract art, so I put the namesake in, being a little POP! Juggernaut by funko... if he only had dual pistols. Hey maybe one day we'll see Mage & Minions figurines to put on our desks, picture a little staff-wielding Regalia Mage with posable limbs! :-)

edit: but when I say i need to farm gold, I mean right. now. I just hope I can pull 50k before the 3 hr recipe timer is up.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	eternium-im-broke.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	159652
        Last edited by Tiny Juggernaut; 01-18-2020, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I have MS on both boots and pants for all my heros, but it's most important for BH. Some players have MS only on one piece, but to me that is the minimum needed for speed running both EG and XP.

I know that there are charts or spreadsheets referenced on forums that you can use to help optimize your CL points.

Big thumbs up on your avatar.
          Last edited by RockDoc; 01-18-2020, 06:55 PM.
          Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
          (CL 2000+)
          Ravenstar - BH
          Magenta - Mage
          Greystone - BH
          Rageon - Warrior
          Rageon - Warrior

Comment

I knew I would need it for some tasks, I was trying to get the last gem on the speedrun achievement for the level that's the mining tunnels, where its a 45 second cutoff. So I kill everything and expose the whole map, then go back to the start and time myself with no distractions or random spawns, and it takes longer than that just to get there without fighting the mob at the end and anyone that keeps up that you "drag with" - about 1:15 is the best that's possible. So I reset my champion level and put 50/50 into movement but still not enough; can get there in under 0:45 but can't kill them and get the portal open and stop the clock. Although this did let me get past Trials 50! Woo! ?
            ...course the set item from the reward chest was trash and immediately salvaged. Ah well.

Just to be clear, it's not an impatience thing, the increased movement has a combat use? I mean besides getting away from things that can kill you, and helping to corral groups together to make AoE more effective? Other uses?

Also - random Q - what teammates do you find useful? I saw your other thread re: Endar, Robin and Maggie. Is that the best or just a personal preference? Since they cost gems to unlock, I've only leveled one so far besides the free ones, the mage dude with his passive +ability, freeze push-back thing, and the chain lightning stun isn't bad either. ( I replaced Marcus since his shout thing doesn't work in Trials, so it's Eileen, Robin, mage dude.... hang on, Xagan. ) I know eventually I'll unlock and level them all, but are these good or should I bother unlocking any others now for a goldhunting bountyhunter?

(remembering that unlocking one will burn 1/3rd of my gem reserves that I have watched hundreds of commercials to accumulate.)

Since we started talking about the importance of specialization, I've already found 4 pieces of +48 to +52 EG gear, and even 2 lvl 71 pistols with +36 & +43.5 and kind-of usable combat stats, guess the game feels sorry for me...
            Last edited by Tiny Juggernaut; 01-18-2020, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Skoropunk
              Skoropunk commented
              Editing a comment
              What worked for me was Assault as 6pcs gets movement bonus and nice scatter shot bonus before that. Also if you run on normal, blue gear/weapons is more than enough. Then jewelry combining +44% gets you in region of 130% so 390% before any EG bonus from gear. Once your crafting is lvl 50 try make higher level Assault/weapons...
              More on jewelry, I combined any EG I got as my first set and eventually made better set later.
              Cape and weapons don't need to be unique to save some MoTs
          Working...
          X