Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie warrior needs help, unable to go over 63 trial...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie warrior needs help, unable to go over 63 trial...

Pls help.
    I really enjoyed this game, till time i met an unbreakable wall...
    I still think its the best h&s on mobile... but im obviously doing something terribly wrong.

I have lvl 70 warrior. Have no probelms with him till now.
    Previosuly i was using 4 parts of adventurers set and 2 of jugernaut, but when i was using frenzy skill i didnt see any buff icon, so now i use only rending slash 6 part of adventurer set.

I was thinking about hunter or mage, but i hate hit&run tactics (especially on mobile)

My question: its normal that trail 63 is unbeatable as warrior? What can i change, or what stats should i have (traget). Any help will be appreciated.

All stats on screen attached.

Guuumbas it is normal to hit a wall from time to time. I have a relatively new Warrior CL381 with fairly comparable stats, but much higher Ability Rating 30% cooldown reduction. With only 6% cooldown reduction, you are not getting the most out of your abilities. If you do not have an Integralas Mantle, you might want to craft one to boost your cooldown rate or add Ability Rate on jewelry. You could also use Intense Training or reallocate some CL points to Ability Rate. I am able to move through Trial 63 with time to spare, but I have a 4:2 Juggernaut:Adventurer gear set with Whirlwind Blades combo and my primary ability is whirlwind which gets a 30% damage increase from the 4 Jugg set. Also, you could swap out Celerity for Lightening Reflexes to get more damage from your Deadly Throw and Devastate attacks.

The trouble with a bleed warrior is that there is no gear set that maximizes the Vampiric Blades set. My bleed warrior uses 6 piece Warlord gear set, but my third ability on that set is Shockwave. You might want to experiment with swapping out Battle Rage for Shockwave or Whirlwind.

In the meantime, keep grinding trials to build you CL points and a chance to upgrade your gear set. Adventurer is the least useful of the gear sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
      a 4:2 Juggernaut:Adventurer gear set with Whirlwind Blades
      Thx for advices, i'll try this one and i'll invest in ability rating. Hope it helps
      Playing as a mage or bounty hunter its easier? (to build & play?)

Comment

Each class has its own challenges. In time, you will probably want to play all three classes. I wouldn't give up on Warrior just yet though, your hero still has a lot of room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Guuumbas View Post
          What can i change, or what stats should i have (traget). Any help will be appreciated.
          I'm assuming you don't have many CLs. So with no CLs allocated, like Ozymandius said, shoot for around 750 AR. At least 1600 Vitality (1900 is better in my opinion). A whirlwind warrior is best for farming CLs, in my opinion. You could use a Jugg 6 build with two Bladestorm axes or a Jugg 4 Warlord 2 build with two Vampiric blades. For the Jugg 6 build, I would swap out deadly throw for whirlwind. Keep the passives you're using now. For a Jugg 4 Warlord 2 build swap out DT for WW and swap BR for Charge. You want CR, CD, V, and XP on all gear (MS on pants and boots instead of V). You could swap out some of the vitality for LoH if you want. CD and XP for main stats on jewelry, CR and another stat (I would recommend vitality) for secondary stats. You could also do this with a Defender 6 build and Blackguard Assualt, but I'm not sure how to make the stats work because you would want CR, CD, and XP on everything, but on a Defender build you also want Block Rating, so I don't know. If you manage to get the stats to work for a Defender build, then use Shield Block, WW, and DT for your abilities. SaB, TaN, and Duelist for passives.

You could easily farm CLs and clear trial 63 with this build. I just reset all my CLs and cleared this trial with a Jugg 6 build in under two minutes!

Comment

• Guuumbas
            Guuumbas commented
            Editing a comment
            Ill do that, but what about AR? How can I increase it while maxing CR CD V and EXP?

• Arawn
            Arawn commented
            Editing a comment
            So have CR, CD, and XP on all gear. Since you have XP on all gear, you're going to have to sacrifice another stat(s). You need AR and V, so you'll have to use your fourth stat and gemstones to get >1100 AR and as much V as you can get.

Your haste seems more in line for a BH or mage than a warrior, and Ozy makes a real good point about increasing your AR and getting an IM.

Each hero type requires a different play style and you never know which one you'll really like until you play them all. If you want to continue with DW using the VB weapon set, then you should consider converting to Warlord or Jugg and drop the Adventurer gear. If you want to try using a shield you will definitely want to use the Defender gear with the BA mace-shield set.

I play all 3 hero types and each has their own appeal. When I feel like getting up close and personal then I play a warrior, but if I feel like sitting back and attacking from a distance then it's mage or BH. Also, the top ten on the overall LB are either BH or mage.

Hopefully you are buying up every recipe offered by Liana, even those for mage and BH, and make sure if you are buying them you are only using gold and not gems.
          Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
          (CL 2000+)
          Ravenstar - BH
          Magenta - Mage
          Greystone - BH
          Rageon - Warrior
          Rageon - Warrior

Comment

• Guuumbas
            Guuumbas commented
            Editing a comment
            I was trying also to buy recipe fornother classes, not sure if warrior will be my favorite in the future. As for now (especially after improvement form this discussion) i like him very much, but probably i will want to try mage or bh in the future

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
          shoot for around 750 AR. At least 1600 Vitality (1900 is better in my opinion). A whirlwind warrior is best for farming CLs, in my opinion. You could use a Jugg 6 build with two Bladestorm axes
          Thx i will try it. Exactly, my CL is pretty low - 249.
          I always had a problem to not overshoot stats, for example i was afraid to sacrifice CR, CD, power and haste in favor of AR, life on hit, or exp.
          For example after first answer form Ozy, i did fast chnage in eq, so now i have 960AR but only 350V.... From your post i know that V is definitely too low

I'll try to craft items with stats as you said thx a lot

----------------------------------------
          EDIT:

Arawn I've done as you said and this is great! Big thx.
          I increased my CL to 500 in no time, now im runing trial 60-63 below 3 minutes (inculding boss).
          Running with 6x Jugernaut and 2xBladestorm weapon

My stats on items:
          • Weapons (both): CR, CD, AR, Life on HIT, socketed with power gemstones
          • all other items: are socketed with vitality gemstone, and stats: CR, CD, EXP and as for 4th stat:
          • Legs, boots: movement speed
          • Jewelery: ability rate
          • All other: vitality
          In total i have: AR 1,1k (with CL), V 1,2k, dmg 205k

I have some further newbie questions, would be great if you can guide me a bit:
          1. my dps i quite low (or at least i think so). Is there any way to improve it except: better rolls on items, higher item lvls, improving CL ? In other words will I be able to farm higher trails ?
          2. bosses: i should skip them while farming? how can i deal with this strange attack - red / bloody line form boss to me, draining my HP ultra fast (mostly i die)?
          3. How its possible to reach 1,9k V ?
          Last edited by Guuumbas; 03-26-2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Arawn
            Arawn commented
            Editing a comment
            Just keep in mind you want CR, CD, and XP on everything. At least 1100 AR (once your AR CLs are maxed out) and as much Vitality as you can get (you may want to trade some of that for LoH), whether you get it from gear or gemstones. For a farming build get your haste from CLs, three archers, and Celerity passive. Have fun!

• Argon
            Argon commented
            Editing a comment
            1. To get the most out of bleed weapons you need charge for extra CR and shockwave is an absolute must have bc it deals 10 times the DOT. And devastete for massive bleeds.
            2. No way to survive Elbans drain. Run!!! Far enough to break the red line.
            3. Just increase vit as far as needed for survivability. Aiming for a certain number will be different for every player/device/trial number/abilities used, as in shockwave heals you too
            Last edited by Argon; 03-26-2020, 08:34 PM.

Originally posted by Guuumbas View Post
          1. my dps i quite low (or at least i think so). Is there any way to improve it except: better rolls on items, higher item lvls, improving CL ? In other words will I be able to farm higher trails ?
          2. bosses: i should skip them while farming? how can i deal with this strange attack - red / bloody line form boss to me, draining my HP ultra fast (mostly i die)?
          3. How its possible to reach 1,9k V ?
          Awesome! Glad to hear it's working out for you! As far as sheet damage, I've been told to ignore that. Not really sure what it is, but I've been told it's irrelevant. The damage formula is DPS=[(1+P/200)*WD]*AS*[1+CR(CD - 1)], making CD account for over 90% of the damage done. For this reason, you want as high a critical rating as possible and as much critical damage as possible, regardless of what the sheet damage reads. Since it's an XP build you want as much XP as possible. You want as high an ability rate as you can get (so you can cast your abilities as often as possible) without sacrificing so much vitality that you cannot farm a high enough trial to get a reasonable amount of XP. It's a balancing act. You may discover a better way to do it than what I suggested! As far as Elban's life drain, you just run from it or it will kill you (as you have found out). I would absolutely finish the boss off so that you can salvage the gear for crafting materials. If you're using a Jugg 4 Warlord 2 build then casting charge gives you +2000 CR for three seconds. Casting charge and then devastate will melt a boss in no time. As far as how to get more vitality-- you may not need that much. I just like a lot of vitality on my warriors. It's a habit I got into when Led taught me how to build a warrior. I attached screenshots of my XP build-- understand that there is no definitive way to make an XP build. This is just the way I do it. You may find a better way!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Guuumbas
            Guuumbas commented
            Editing a comment
            Thx a lot for all those screens, it helps a lot wow over 2k CL... Thats awsome.
            I will try different combinations, as you said, with vampiric weapons or with 2x worlord. But now i know the idea and my long ternm goal. Thx.

One question tho, you said that 2x warlord will give me +2000 CR for three seconds, but it casts battle rage, so rather haste increase?

• Romme
            Romme commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you tried warrior companions? The stuns are so good for surviving and making even bigger pulls.

The 2 WL set bonus procs BR and gives 1000 haste and +20% damage when you cast charge. But the 2000 CR from charge are worth even more for bleed warriors.
          Btw, BR only procs if you have a target selected when casting charge!
          ​​​​​​​I think the +2000 CR lasts 5 sec not as described on the gear. The stun effect only lasts 3sec. Is that right Romme ?
          Mobile only
          ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314

Comment

• Romme
            Romme commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct it actually lasts 5 seconds. And for the warlords 2 peice it will cast battle rage at whatever level you have yours at, not lvl7 like it says.

Nice exp set. I used 4jugg/2wl to level up in anb gold. Was working better than 6wl for me.

I hope they fix the jugg 2 set bonus and actually display the 500CR buff. Not sure if it's actually activating.

Aahh yes, CR increase comes from charge not worlod set, my bad.
          But what would be more effective:
          • 4x jugg 2x warlord + 2x Bladestorm weapon (whirlwind, charge, devastate)
          • 4x jugg 2x warlord + 2x vampiric weapon (whirlwind, shockwave, devastate)
          • Or other combination?

Comment

• Arawn
            Arawn commented
            Editing a comment
            Romme was the one that suggested I use a Warlord 2 build. My experience with a 6 Jugg/Bladestorm vs. a 4 Jugg, 2 Warlord/Vampiric has been the following:

Trial 80 - No difference. Boss is weak enough that she is eliminated just as quickly with the devestate power buff as with the added CR.
            Trial 90 - Can pull bigger mobs with 6 Jugg/Bladestorm because of the healing factor of Whirlwind axe (meager as it is), but takes too long to finish boss. Have to pull smaller mobs with 4 Jugg, 2 Warlord/Vampiric to stay alive, but boss is finished much more quickly.
            Trial 100 - 6 Jugg/Bladestorm simply not viable as it takes too long to finish boss (unless you want to abandon when the boss is spawned and just get the XP). +2000 CR from Charge needed to finish boss, but I have difficulty staying alive with 4 Jugg, 2 Warlord/Vampiric build. You may be able to remedy this by playing around with LOH/V balance.

I'm hoping Romme will chime in. Not sure what works best for farming. I'd go for 2 Wl 4 jugg and charge ww itz for xp only, charge ww dev for tls with bosses.
          Charge shockwave dev is best for pushing (6 wl) . That can be seen on leaderboard top shot dw warriors...
          Mobile only
          ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314

Comment

• Guuumbas
            Guuumbas commented
            Editing a comment
            Thx. Still not sure if vampiric or bladestorm weapons would perform better.

• Argon
            Argon commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure either. Definitely vampiric for pushing. But when speed farming there's no time to get all the DoT... Testing configurations is fun. Just don't have the time right now...

• Romme
            Romme commented
            Editing a comment
            I like vamparic for farming and pushing. The set bonus for bladestorm set is weak. Your almost never using basic attacks, the 3% heal is ok, and the 100% whirlwind damage is only on the targeted enemy so it's really not to good. Maybe if they change it to 100% whirlwind damage to everything.
            Last edited by Romme; 03-27-2020, 02:58 PM.

Big thx to all for your patience & all advices
          Now i know what to do, and my overall experience from gameplay as a warrior is much better!!!

Probably in the future i will make new thread when i will be testing mage or bounty hunter.

Comment

I was thinking about how to make an XP build out of defender gear. Of course CR, CD, and XP would need to be on all gear. Assuming you got all your AR from gemstones, then that leaves one stat to fill in, but on a Defender build you want block rating and vitality. How critical is block rating? One wouldn't be pushing trials, so only a limited amount of vitality would be needed. Aragon , got any tips?

Comment

• Romme
              Romme commented
              Editing a comment
              I just made a sw xp set. Best time on tl100 is 1:13. You don't need vitality or block on gear. I made a video but didnt have sound on so I need to remake. Or maybe I'll just do commentary to the one already recorded. Ideally you want exp and CD on everything. Cr and ar on most with a little bit of haste sprinkled in. Also you want armor on your shield.

• Arawn
              Arawn commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, definitely want to see your video. I just tried 100 with a defender XP build and it took me three and a half minutes

• Romme
              Romme commented
              Editing a comment
              What CL are you and how good is your shield?

nothing to add, except if you're going for xp only, then you can replace some ar/cr with block, bc then more of the total damage comes from shield slam and less ar is needed with ITZ..
            Mobile only
            ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314

Comment

Thanks guys. Hmmm... still trying to calculate what the best stats would be before crafting. Hate to waste resources!

Comment

Working...
              X