TL90 vs TL100 farming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TL90 vs TL100 farming

I'm looking for warlord high level drops. Are the odds different between TL100 (takes me ~5:30) and TL90? I know the higher TL is not efficient time wise for XP, etc, but is there a different in drop level odds that would make it better for getting high level set gear? I do my XP farming way back on TL60 with my XP gear hero.

Originally posted by Easilyconfused View Post
    I'm looking for warlord high level drops. Are the odds different between TL100 (takes me ~5:30) and TL90? I know the higher TL is not efficient time wise for XP, etc, but is there a different in drop level odds that would make it better for getting high level set gear? I do my XP farming way back on TL60 with my XP gear hero.
    There's no difference, the odds is still the same, even at above TL100. I got a level 77 Blackguards Resolve in 80, level 77 Visceras in 90, 77 IM in 95, etc., but I farm at 90 since the shorter run you can do, the more drops you will have. The best TL to farm for anybody is when you can finish it in 2-3 minutes.
    Last edited by Benedicto; 05-23-2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Most of what I've noticed is it really only matters how long it takes you to finish it, for example I farm lvl 80 a lot, it's when the good drops start. You can finish it in 5 mins and you're gonna get crap drops, drag it out to 7 and a half minutes and you'll get the lvl 75+s. Just what I've noticed, who knows for sure.
      QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
      CL 1000000000
      Elenora-Stalker BH-Trial 100
      Skyla-Warrior-DW-Trial 109 Rank#(?)
      (Previously Rank#420 Global LB)

Starla-Frost Mage-Trial 103
      Meatsak-809%Exp.War.Shield.-Trial 102

Disposabull-BH.As\St-The Farmer- Trial 91
      Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker..

Comment

• Easilyconfused
        Easilyconfused commented
        Editing a comment
        i'm not seeing that at all . i tried level 100, 90, 80 with different times as you suggested. I never got a 73 or above in maybe 40 runs. Lots of 70, 71, 72. I'll go back and try it again (and again, and again).

• Skyla
        Skyla commented
        Editing a comment
        Well it works for me.
        It's how I got my current lvl 75 mace, and I just salvaged a lvl 77 chest last night. It doesn't have to be about bulk, "filling your inventory with endless crap to get one good one".. Go for the trial level that takes you 7 and a half minutes to finish, and you'll get your good drops
        It's been like that for years for me. /Shrug ;D

Try doing a level that actually takes you the 7 to 8 minutes, not one that you're "dragging it out" to that time, my wording was bad. Or adjust your gear or CLs to allow the trial level to take you that long. The computer knows if you're just standing there not fighting to drag time.
        Maybe that'll change your outcome. Maybe I'm just lucky from beta testing haha
        Last edited by Skyla; 05-24-2020, 05:32 PM.

You may need to run hundreds of trials and fill your inventory page numerous times before you get a single high level drop. Odds aren't great, but it happens.
      Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10

Comment

item level on drops improves up to tl120. Might be more efficent doing tl90. Its very very rare to find a high level item that you need with good attributes

Comment

• Skyla
          Skyla commented
          Editing a comment
          That's depressing to know it's that high before the real good ones start dropping

Nice job btw, I seen you hit third I think on the LB the other day.
          Stoked to see there's a high roller who actually communicates on the forums, since I don't hear from Bart much anymore lol

• Romme
          Romme commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I'm on the discord a lot. Trying to get the top spot!

I think getting a decent drop is purely a crap shoot. I've gotten lucky and had 2 or 3 L77s or L76s drop within an hour. I've also played same levels and heros for hours and days on end and not get a single drop above L72. Never noticed a correlation between finish time and drop quality, but truthfully wasn't looking for it.
        Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10

Comment

From running TL110 250 times I received 13 level 77 items and 6 level 66. Given that it's 13 77s from 750 items dropped the chances are indeed low to get one. I have received 77s in consecutive runs though (run 52 gave lvl77 Adventures Pants, run 53 gave lvl77 non-set Sabatons).

Comment

Earlier this week I got warlord gloves and bg mace on same run I believe, possibly consecutive runs on 131. Notice them next to each other several runs later.

Comment

is the general consensus that the higher trial level is a better bet than more runs with respect to getting high level set gear from drops? 10 runs on tl105 (7:30) for 30 pieces will yield better than 20 runs on, say, tl90(3:45) for 60 pieces? or, are quality drops so rare that i'm better off farming for materials on the lower level and using the crafting system more? tl105 is about my limit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Easilyconfused View Post
                is the general consensus that the higher trial level is a better bet than more runs with respect to getting high level set gear from drops? 10 runs on tl105 (7:30) for 30 pieces will yield better than 20 runs on, say, tl90(3:45) for 60 pieces? or, are quality drops so rare that i'm better off farming for materials on the lower level and using the crafting system more? tl105 is about my limit now.
                I have gotten Level 77 Set pieces from trials as low as 75, These include a Firebug (twice) and a Sanguinarius. However in my experience, Level 77 dropped Set Items generally have a less than wonderful set of attributes.

It seems to me that the best way to acquire great gear is to craft it. If you can farm at least TL 90, you get a good yield of MOT's as that TL gives almost 54% set items. As part of my on-going study of drop rates, I just did 100 runs of TL 90, which yielded 326 MOT's.

Comment

• Easilyconfused
                  Easilyconfused commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is good data, but makes no notes regarding item levels.
                  https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...l-farming-runs

As you essentially said, TL90 drops 2X the set items of TL80. And it looks like no gain to go to TL100. I wonder if wispy has item level data for all those runs.

I just need two crappy 77's (well, with the right attributes, anyway) for my CTs and I just might make 500.
              Working...
              X