Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why play the story on heroic or legendary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why play the story on heroic or legendary?

So I've been playing for a few weeks now and I played through the entire story with my BH, then started farming gold, gear, exp, etc. I've been reading the forums on and off but for the life of me I can't find a reason to continue playing through the story on higher difficulties. Is there any reason to go past Normal difficulty for story mode? If so, what is the reason or reasons?

Bonus question: What's the best way to farm basic mats like leather and iron and cloth so I can craft level 19 bracers until I reach mastery 50? Currently I just run Morg on normal difficulty.

Thanks!

You gain gems by finishing story levels in all difficulties.

Comment

Great question. I don’t know of course. Here are some newb thoughts.

Gems are a reason to for sure. Also, if you wanted to farm locked golden chests for something like Bracers of Mastery on the Defiler level, you get better chances on Legendary I think.

In terms of farming, of course just grind away for mats is one way. Another way is to use your xg/xg gear to bankroll Basic Resource Crates from Ruby. Farming gold is much easier and faster than farming mats, or it seems so to me. Easy to get several million in a short time. 1m gold is 40 x 25k crafting crates. That’s something like a minimum of 800mats, 400 lesser essence, 600 iron... those are the minimum numbers. Could be as much as 1200. Pretty sure this is faster than grinding the mats directly, but I could be wrong about that. Be interested to hear form others. I haven’t counted mats or jewels running Morgenhiem, but I am getting around 90k gold per run with xg gear and currency booster during the Bronze ANB. I think that is about 1m+/hr? Plus with the Currency Booster it is a lot of jewels. Gear drops suck of course, but are grist for the salvage mill.

First time I have tried Morgenhiem in an ANB Event. I like it better than Severed Mountain, even though SM is faster and might be more gold per minute or something. It is so mind numbing and soul crushing to just run SM over and over again. Morgenhiem is kind of fun on a Leap Warrior. Good luck with the crafting grind. Gathering the mats is one thing... sitting and spamming low level gear... argh.

Comment

For regular, seasonal play? Gems, probably.

For ANB (Bronze for sure, possibly not Gold), Legendary runs on several maps have a nice learning tome yield per minute of play.
        2x Mage Huffjenkem
        BH Ichifuku
        Warrior Fhqwhgads
        Warrior Yassqueen

Comment

Gems.

Comment

As a Story Mode Lover

1. gems ( minimum 1650 gems? all 3 level). I have 3 goldly hero's back and forth. delete, start again delete start again until thy kingdom come (at the moment)
            2. Gold (i find more in legendary level)
            3. satisfaction (810/825)
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 10-13-2020, 05:13 AM.
            Honest playin with Low end Pc

New 2 "Goldly Hero" systematically runnin the 5 Star Story Mode (i need sufficient "Gems" for next War Supply Event & ANB's)

Comment

Great advice and feedback. Ty everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
                As a Story Mode Lover

1. gems ( minimum 1650 gems? all 3 level). I have 3 goldly hero's back and forth. delete, start again delete start again until thy kingdom come (at the moment)
                2. Gold (i find more in legendary level)
                3. satisfaction (810/825)
                Do you kill mobs or just sprint to the finish line to quickly end each level? Thanks for this gem farming idea, btw!

Comment

• Shade Glow
                  Shade Glow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When you're doing 5 star completion, it's best to complete each mission as quickly as possible. I created a video that shows some Leap shortcuts with Warrior. Many people also use BH since you can run the the end, kill the boss, and cast Smoke Screen to lose aggro and finish the level immediately.

Since I can't afford to spend 300 glories to unlock Bracers of Master for all 3 classes, Locked chests in Legendary story mode is my best chance of getting BoM on the cheap. I would skip Heroic and go straight to Legendary if I could. I only unlocked BoM for my mage and spent 2 Legendary crate worth of resources in ANB Gold only to be disappointed. I got a lvl 77 BoM, but it gave me the Arc Lightning bonus whereas I was after the Frost Beam bonus. I got a lvl 74 Frost Beam BoM in Bronze. Return on investment stinks as it cost me nearly 1M gold and tons of resources.

I was so excited I got a Frost Beam BoM that I forgot to socket it before using a CT. Doh! Now I'll have to wait until after ANB to socket it. It cost crazy amount of gem to socket a celestial item.

Comment

• echomirage
                  echomirage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At least you don’t have to do all of Legendary. Legendary Defiler is the best option for BoMs via chest. Or it least it was when I did it.

Also don’t forget that you don’t really need three characters’ worth of bracers. You can go a long long time with std bracers on a BH.

• Naktl
                  Naktl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I unlocked BoM on my Warrior. BoM is the worst investment. Unlock Fire Lily for the same Glory and I think it unlocks for all Hero types? Plus, unlock BoM on one hero type and you are still in a nightmare multi-variable crafting resource pit.

After leveling my crafting up to 35, I noticed the scrapper perk started to work reliably. So, crafting lvl 14 uncommon armor and salvaging the entire personal stash page of them gives me more mats back. The percent/chance works as advertised. During ANB the reverse was true, the sold ephemerals brought more money than had been invested in them.

Also, salvage all unneeded drops except commons, those are better to sell.

Comment

Farm mats in trials. The highest trial you can do in under 90 seconds. This gives lots of mats when you salvage multiple legendary items and if you can farm trials 80 and above you get plenty of Titans Marks too.

Comment

Working...
                  X