Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My "five second rule" - is it useful? ...or is there something much better for gold farming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "five second rule" - is it useful? ...or is there something much better for gold farming?

Hi,

having read in the forum that (with a booster) it's a actually wasteful to collect all the gold in the end zone's treasure chest, before the next ANB I experimented a bit, and found:

on my smartphone, on my three principal gold farming sites (Severed Mountain, Darkhold Citadel, Morgenheim) from the moment the (in DC first) chest opens, it takes between 10 and 12 seconds to collect ALL the coins.

If my toon leaves after five seconds (which I originally checked on the booster's timer, now simply count from 1 to 5 in a 1 second cadence), what's left is worth something in the region of 2000 to 5000 gold, which is less than the average earning PER SECOND for the time spent on the site.

My toons (ELR Mage with shatter for Morgenheim, BH with smokescreen for the others) both have (with 200%Booster) Extra Gold values around +3200; depending on the starting point, the time until cut-off in Morgenheim is between 30 and 45 seconds, in DC between 15 and 20 seconds, in Severed Mountain between 6 seconds and whatever - I never checked the time from the bottom of the map.

Other configurations will have other concrete numbers, but the 5 second rule should still hold.

What do you think?

[P.S. I hope this wasn't mentioned in the rather lengthy exchange I read, and I simply forgot and "re-invented"; if it was, I do beg the original author's pardon.]
    Last edited by Medamanaman; 02-21-2021, 07:58 PM.

Think that's more or less right, it's difficult to consistently keep the exact same timing anyway, and I'd say I also use a similar countdown on gut feel.

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      I go with feeling too normaly 3 sec or 4. But when i see the flow diminushing its time to leave

I always stick with 20 seconds in DC, so when my previous run was 22 seconds, I only do 18 seconds in the next run. In that way, if you know the average time in a certain map, your average gold total for every 200% booster will have always have not much more or less range. In TsM, it's 13 seconds, in Morgenheim I do 40 seconds.

Comment

Working...
    X