Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good or bad strategy?

Hi,

I currently play only with ELR/GMC Mages; on my main account's four characters, I don't have a single 77 GMC item - most are 75s; so, in this ANB I decided to change this, and crafted an XP farmer, bringing everything up to at least 74, then only crafting the GMC items whenever I had collected some mats.
    I have just had the second 77 (Glacies Tempestas), both of course with Experience, both CTd (I actually managed to pass TL110 with seconds to spare); for Push I intend to Reforge the Experience stat.
    The downside of this is a slow rise of Champion Levels - with 3 hours to go I've only reached CL1320, adding 6 levels per Trial.

What do you think? Have I overrated the importance of the Arcane Weapons for a Mage and wasted the ANB, or was this a useful strategy, possibly to be repeated at the next Bronze?
    Last edited by Medamanaman; 04-15-2021, 05:14 PM.

CL 1320 isn't bad, just a different league to Bo and Co. And to join them you need to learn to run trials in ~1 minute, which takes practice. For XP you don't need 77 GMC weapons (though they do help). Best to get a reasonable weapon with high damage at the start, not necessarily a 77.

Comment

• Medamanaman
      Medamanaman commented
      Editing a comment
      The 77s are not actually destined for XP - that was just to make sure that I would have enough time and mats to craft two 77s (or, as it turned out, three, because the first one cropped up very early, when I was still crafting the 74+ ELR gear), but via Reforging for my Push Character, and ultimately for my main account's Push character.
      Also, I am less optimistic than you are about my CL, as the number of levels gained per trial is dropping fast; I just ran a few more trials, and several were "+5", and I am hesitant about improving my XP gear, as it will take time and mats to craft decent Push equipment; as my clearance times on my smartphone remain distressingly high - at present TL 85 is the highest that I can usually clear in about 90 seconds - the rate at which I collect new mats through Salvage is underwhelming..

If you have enough gems to reforge the exp stat in your CT'ed or high level gear, it's ok, because it is also my practice in ANBs, but as said above, just have a weapon with a decent level/damage early game. If you get the weapon/s or any gear early or midgame that you can use for pushing, as your experience now, or if it is level 76-77 (not necessarily you'll be applying your CTs), put enchantments as soon as you crafted it or obtained as a drop and use it for exp farming, then reforge the exp later. Slayer and Frostbite (change to Osmosis for pushing) enchantments will help you do exp runs faster.
    Last edited by Benedicto; 04-14-2021, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Medamanaman
      Medamanaman commented
      Editing a comment
      Enchantments about to be applied - thanks for the reminder.

That sounds pretty much what I'm doing, I usually start binge crafting staffs (staves?) around the 16th craft.

Here is what I do, hope it can help:

1. Craft an epic lily right off the gate. As soon as I have the resources, craft a legendary low level lily (usually use mostly water essences to save mats)
    2. Level up to 70 in trials
    3. Craft GMC weapons (use ephemeral box if no MoTs)
    4. Use nova, immo, dfa until trial 50-60 (takes just a few minutes)
    5. Use the ephemerals to make the ELR gear and IM. Use the ephemeral jewelry (xp/eg/pow/ar)
    5. Craft a frostfire sash. Craft epic/leg talisman of power (the extra up to 5000 power is huge early on)
    6. Climb up to 90-95 with frostbeam. Try to craft a legendary lvl 70 lily and a frostbeam bracers.
    7. Move up to 95-100 once I have the bracers and around 150-200k sheet damage
    8. Around craft 16 start crafting staffs, hoping for a 77. If I expect a 72/73 I sometimes switch to something cheaper, like trinkets, bracers, or use more water essences (but still make sure the item can be reforged if it turns out a 77)
    9. When I have a good damage staff, I enchant with Slayer. Usually by that time I move to 105. With a good weapon with slayer lvl 72+xp gear is perfectly fine at 105
    10. If I craft a good item (say 75+), I enchant it and then reforge it for push. For xp I enchant the helm with slayer at some point

Ah, forgot to mention skills: lvl 10 arc lightning makes a big difference. Also - lvl 3 fireball for starters, lvl 3 immolate (for the debuff), lvl 5 frostbolt, beam as high as possible.

That's pretty much it... There are a lot of choices related to crafting, as it's always different. This time I crafted a trinket first, and decided to craft a staff on the second try, and it turned out a 77 :P Normally I spend some hours getting that 77 weapon (usually I don't buy a crate).

Now PC certainly has an advantage for xp farming as well, but it's not that significant. Just boost toughness a bit more than on PC, add 1 life on hit item, two healers and it works like a charm Against Kara make sure to zap her with arc lightning, cast immo on her, and have northern wind up so beam does double damage. If you have ToP and/or slayer and either one procs, she should be down with 1 beam and shock.

Btw you can check the Eternium Discord server we hang in, there you can find more details that you'd ever want

Mage: Anba

Comment

• Medamanaman
      Medamanaman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - that's more or less what I do... with three hints that I hadn't thought about but will certainly implement in the 2:30 hours I have left in this ANB.

Discord: I'll hop right over and take a look - thanks again.

• kurtcabage
      kurtcabage commented
      Editing a comment
      i already suggest to join discord like 3 times already to you medamanaman hha

you maybe won't believe this but, we got information that maybe you never know exist and can't find here on forum as well

• Medamanaman
      Medamanaman commented
      Editing a comment
      kurtcabage
      It seems that I'm too blind for Discord - I did "hop over" but found nothing about an ANB challenge, so left again.

Nice discussion above
    Next anb (Gold) I'm all for "Mage". Erm i have one permanent mage & also one permanent bounty hunter in stock. Just haven't played THEM for months. Gears just minimal/average value. Would try having fun with mage for a change. Wat bout Next Bronze? All for Bounty hunter. Just had enough of this warriors for anb's
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 04-18-2021, 08:04 AM.
    Honest playin with Low end Pc
    Shield warrior lover Trial 139 (Final Destination? Ohh for heaven's sake I'm not sure)

Comment

Wonderful advice, Bo, clear, short, to the point!

Comment

Working...
    X