• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Very Short And Simple Memo To A New Player

A VERY SHORT AND SIMPLE MEMO
    TO A NEW PLAYER
    Version of 22 APR 2021

* Don't spend too many red gems on your very first character. You can create a new one in your first recurring game event called A New Beginning or simply ANB and unlock everything for a fraction of the price (eg unlocking the third passive slot costs 50 gems in ANB and 750 "normally".) So, save all your gems for now. (*)

* Raise your Mastery Crafting level to 50 by mass-crafting green helm lvl 14 and mass salvaging. This is the most unpleasant grind in the game by far, but it's necessary for your further progress. Good news: you do it only once per account.

* Don't craft items that are Level 70+ And Legendary And Set/Unique until your ML is 50. There is a bug in the game that will leave your char permanently bad with crafting if you do. If you did do it already, don't worry, just make a new char in the next anb and craft with him.

* Buy every Liana's recipe, every three hours for gold. Buy every recipe offered regardless of whether it's useful or not. Again, you have to buy each recipe only once. Every subsequently created hero will know it already.

* Read up the recommended guides on ANB and the guides on the current meta-builds of your chosen class: Warrior, Bounty Hunter or Mage. If you don't like your current class, you will be free to create a new char of any class in ANB!!

* Raise your first character to level 30 at the minimum in order to get the invitation to ANB.

* Try to push through the Story. Ideally, finish the entire Story in the Normal Mode. You will start receiving Daily Quests which are repeats of the Story Quests. There are 5 such quests per day per account. Their main reward is 20 gems each, so you want it.
    __
    (*) I assume you don't make real life purchases. If you do, then Season Pass and Daily Gems are the two best deals. However, even then, I strongly recommend saving all your red gems for your very first ANB.
    Last edited by Arhi; 04-22-2021, 03:10 PM.

Arhi NIce summary of advice for new players. ANB is definitely the fastest and cheapest way to create a new character, plus it is fun. Once you get your Crafting Mastery maxed out, ANB is the best way to craft top level gear, although you can only keep your best two pieces by using Celestial Transforms. I seldom craft anything outside of ANBs anymore.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

• Teebs
      Teebs commented
      Editing a comment
      This seems like more of an "Intermediate Player" advice - it assumes that you can make it to the Trial Levels to get the CT's AND that you have unlocked the crafting recipe(s) for the gear in the first place. The Newb player should start buying recipes as soon as they have a moderate and stable gold bank (which shouldn't really take too long)

For me - the fully unlocked character (except for the ability upgrade slots) was a super 'perk' for my Newb run this Silver. I wasn't confident that I would make it to even my first CT (and I didn't have but a couple recipes unlocked and my Mastery was sub 50) - so I just settled in at a comfortable Trial and leveled my champion levels this time through.

These forums have been a super invaluable source of information too (but making a post in the forum to visit the forum is a tad circular!)

... KTB

I would add that they should Go To Trials after Act I to level up to 70 before finishing off the story, and DO NOT OPEN Large/Set Chests until you have leveled your character to 70! (And start buying crafting recipes with gold as soon as you have a stable and growing bank!)

Also, just to correct your gem costs - Third Ability is 450 gems, Second Passive is 350, and the third Passive is 750 outside of ANB!

Inventory slots are a fraction of the cost to fully expand in ANB.

The 100 Gems / day for completing the 5 daily quests (One after each of the first three Acts and then two more in Act IV) is a super Gem boost, so I agree to get to that point quickly - and then if you do nothing else, run those daily quests because you are just leaving Gems "on the table" - that alone yields 36,500+ Gems a year!

Super helpful advice here Arhi which I wish I had know a few weeks back when I started playing Eternium!

Also I would add (and it is nominally moot HERE) - is read and ask questions in the Forums. Even though there is the Set Reward for going to the Forums, I can not stress enough how helpful other players have been in helping me figure out some really basic advice like you have outlined here.

... KTB

Comment

• Arhi
      Arhi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, will correct the price now!

I would also say be extremely sure of what you are doing before spending 1 cent of glory!

Comment

Originally posted by Arhi View Post
      * Don't craft items that are Level 70+ And Legendary And Set/Unique until your ML is 50. There is a bug in the game that will leave your char permanently bad with crafting if you do. If you did do it already, don't worry, just make a new char in the next anb and craft with him.
      Never knew of this!
      No wonder I never felt any crafting improvement going through the MLs!

The game should function properly!
      It can't have a hidden glitch like this.
      Youtube - Whaling: How Eternium makes money from you.

Southpark - S18 E6: Freemium Isn't Free

Comment

Originally posted by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2 View Post

The game should function properly!
        It can't have a hidden glitch like this.
        ...and we all dream of a future where software is free of bugs!

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 LOL

• LodWig
          LodWig commented
          Editing a comment
          The dream is a future where software is free of bugs at a negligible cost. Software can be proven free of bugs, and some have been, but this is for now very costly. Of course this doesn't squash every possible source of failures, such as bad specification, or hardware faults.

Comment

Working...
        X