Minion improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minion improvement

Is there any way to improve the stats and spells of our minions? My hero has been upgraded to level 10 spells, but my three followers all still have level 1.

Also, can we add more than 3 companions? There seem to be a lot of empty slots, but only three choices?

Sorry-- casual player here trying to get better! Thx.

Originally posted by Zct View Post
    Is there any way to improve the stats and spells of our minions? My hero has been upgraded to level 10 spells, but my three followers all still have level 1.
    No - they reach Level 70 eventually, all on their own, nothing you can do.

Originally posted by Zct View Post
    Also, can we add more than 3 companions? There seem to be a lot of empty slots, but only three choices?
    No - just like with the (only) four stats for each piece of equipment, you have to choose which three are best for your particular toon.

Comment

Okay, so there is no way to upgrade the spells of the Minions like we can with our Hero?

Comment

We just need them for passive aura.. Other than that they are basically useless.. Attack dmg wise ?

Comment

• bojck
          bojck commented
          Editing a comment
          Well not exactly useless, you can at least triple your damage if you use vortex/stun properly : )

bojck yeah if you read my comment properly i said their dmg is useless DAMAGE..... D... A... M... A... G... E.... Damage. ?

Comment

• bojck
          bojck commented
          Editing a comment
          Where should I read that, in

'We just need them for passive aura.. Other than that they are basically useless..'

or

'Attack dmg wise ?'

Basically useless attack dmg wise. I was talking about their dmg.. Anyways.. You cant rely on them for dmg right? Right. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur71189 View Post
          Basically useless attack dmg wise. I was talking about their dmg.. Anyways.. You cant rely on them for dmg right? Right. ?
          Depends. During this ANB Gold my main goal was TL 110 for the two CTs [as foundation for my first ELR Mage crit build on my main account], so (as I really hate gold farming at Severed Mountain) I decided to equip a minimal Epic gold farmer and forge ahead to Darkhold Citadel (took about 45 minutes, earned abour 2.5mio) and farm there.
          After the first two runs in DC I realised that I had forgotten to "unequip" Marcus, Eileen and Maggie, so I did - and could barely finish run three, because my toon kept dying and the enemies kept surviving; without the companions it (epic 70 and 71 gear, two 72s) was simply too weak (and I play too badly).
          Rather than waste mats on stronger gear, I fetched the companions back, and with (in all) two and a half boosters farmed about 9 million gold.
          Last edited by Medamanaman; 04-29-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Attack damage wise meaning only the damage aspect of companion nothing else no aura no farming etc. Can you rely on them on damage? What if you dont attack how long before they kill a group of skeletons? Thats the maint point. Coz we were discussing about improvements and improvements means their weak points. Thank you

Comment

• Medamanaman
              Medamanaman commented
              Editing a comment
              Again - depends... on many things: story (N/H/L?) or Trial (which level?)

I just tried out one particular situation - Story 5 (Out of Nowhere), Normal, with my Mage simply standing there (outside of ANB); it took Eileen, Marcus and Maggie 3:45 minutes to kill all enemies.

Times probably vary wildly from try to try; in this instance, at one point I counted 8 Summoners surrounding the three, and all were killed by Eileen's and Maggie's white balls of whatever, while Marcus and his axe were in the centre of a bunch of enemies.

Other combinations of Companions (Eileen/Maggie/Maggie, Marcus/Nogrim/Nogrim, any combination with Robin, the Archer girl,...) undoubtedly would also have had different results.

So, yes: it depends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Out of curiosity I tried the same situation twice more, after replacing Marcus with a second Maggie; the times now were 2:15 and 2:30.
              Last edited by Medamanaman; 05-01-2021, 05:05 PM.
          Working...
          X