Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB Start and Finish: two minor Tips for Beginners

Hi,

1. In the early stages of ANB every bit of XP goes a long way. The daily Quests can be cashed in by any hero, not just the hero who went on those Quests - including the ANB one.
    I don't know if this can also help on Friday night in getting more quickly to Hero Level 70 (I keep forgetting not to cash in the Friday morning Quests before ANB starts), but certainly on Saturday and even Sunday for me the million XP points for each day make a quite noticeable difference.

2. If, like me, you find the large number of mails you receive after the end of an ANB mildly annoying, and if you are going to keep your ANB hero, you can simply fill up your inventory with stuff from the stash. At the end of ANB Gold 9 I received only 4 mails with the Salvage.
    [Additional bonus for forgetful people like me: handling each item in the stash, I found two Ephemerals I had completely overlooked; so I could sell them for a few Gold each, rather than simply having them vanish.]
    Last edited by Medamanaman; 05-03-2021, 07:35 PM.

ANB daily quest rewards have the biggest impact between levels 25 and 49, and just after reaching level 70. This was considered an exploit in the past, but it's been an option for so long that it doesn't appear the Devs consider it a bug anymore.
    Last edited by Stusmith50; 05-04-2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Cashing quests with the ANB hero - at least those that have been completed by a difderent hero - is actually frowned upon by the game moderators. I remember a post, I think, by Trevor to the effect that this will be considered an exploit, and implied there will be repurcussions.

Comment

• Medamanaman
        Medamanaman commented
        Editing a comment
        Romme
        Glad to hear it; I never considered the possibility that this might be seen as an exploit, as it is, after all, an option offered by the game which should be easy to disable, giving the ANB hero that bit more separation from the "main account".

• Asad Butt
        Asad Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        I was not aware of this discussion. But if this is the case then why not I guess.

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Initially, Travis did indicate that there would be repercussions if players collected Daily Quests with the ANB heroes that were completed by regular heroes. Clearing away the cobwebs? After inquiring when they would disable the ability, the response was along the lines that, while not desired, that the impact is minimal and there were no plans to stop the ability to claim quests with ANB heroes nor would there be negative consequences.

My evidence that this is not considered an exploit? Posts discussing claiming Daily Quests with ANB heroes have not been removed nor have the posters been warned.

Yes, there was a post by Travis that you described. There were multiple other posts since that changed the stance. Please do not make me scour the archives for this.

Some players save several days worth of daily quests to help their ANB hero advance quickly to level 70. It's part of game play and planning at this point. ​​​​​​​

Comment

While you are cooking skills to 10, like warrior whirlwind or mage arc lightning and frostbeam just cook skills and do dailies. You can get to 70 in under 10 minutes. Be patient!

Comment

Is there no 'trigger' to being able to cash in daily quests?

It 'seemed' to me that I had to finish Act I to be able to cash in the daily quests, but it could just be that I haven't been paying that close of attention!

... KTB

Comment

• Medamanaman
            Medamanaman commented
            Editing a comment
            AFAIK, one of your heroes has to finish all four Acts once (i.e. in Normal mode), to be presented with all five Quests. [IIRC, during that very first run of your very first hero, as you finish Act/World 1, 2 and 3, for each of them one Quest becomes available; Quests 4 and 5 become available on reaching Heroic mode, i.e. finishing Act/World 4.]
            Last edited by Medamanaman; Yesterday, 04:47 PM.

• Teebs
            Teebs commented
            Editing a comment
            Medamanaman,

I (finally!) came to understand the broader account trigger.

When I used the term "I" - what I meant is an individual character (as in an ANB character) - do they not have to finish Act I in order to be able to cash in the daily quests (performed by your other regular heroes)?

• Tin Man
            Tin Man commented
            Editing a comment
            The long answer?

No.
        Working...
        X