Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob needing some help/advice for arena ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob needing some help/advice for arena ?

So started playing about 3 weeks ago and it's one of the best games stumbled upon in any previous library I've played, like probably 2nd favorite and really want to play for awhile. Have made it to mage level 54, only spent $5 twice so far for some quick gems so I know I'm still in the majority percentile of any "curve" in the game. Even still, I thought I was doing ok maintaining and upgrading armor, focusing on more of just a handful of "player attributes" rather than spreading too thin when reforging or trading, getting smart when to socket things and when to wait for a better piece, have even acquired 3 special pieces so far, 2 being ELR, other Adventurer, rest are mostly epic with a few L's and R's thrown in. His synergy level has been above the player level for quite some time now as well, another indication I thought I was playing smart. Yet constantly in the areana, I'll go up against players 15 sometimes 20 levels less, no special pieces, lower main attribute numbers in all 3 sometimes, fewer and weaker gemstones socketed, abilities 3-5 levels below (you get it ?) and constantly get my ass kicked or sometimes stalemate so I'll just quit after 5 mins. What am I doing wrong though, where should focus be to improve battle results? Any advice welcome! ✌

The AI has inhuman abilities (AI hunter always, Always, ALWAYS gets the first attack in). Arena battles are completely different from standard play. Standard tactics and combos don't work because you don't have the luxury of setting them up (AI interupts/stuns you way too much). The only thing that helps is more VIT/HP.

For Mages, Blink is a must have skill to equip, for quick escape from warrior's Leap/Charge attacks and to close the gap against hunters. Other than that, I can't offer much advise since I own a 10% win record against middle difficulty opponents. My record drops to 0% without Blink.

Comment

Should I add Arena to the mage guide?
      Mage: Anba

Comment

• kurtcabage
        kurtcabage commented
        Editing a comment
        no, it's a forbidden topic

• Medamanaman
        Medamanaman commented
        Editing a comment
        Forbidden? By the devs? Why?

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        He's being sarcastic.

Awesome, thanks man! I'll definitely work more on Blink skill and try and decipher computer names from player names lol

Comment

• Turgeon
        Turgeon commented
        Editing a comment
        Correction Tin Man name are all player name but all played by Computer haha

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Turgeon I feel very sorry for some of the players with the names that either their parents gave them or they chose for themselves.

You meet someone on the street and say, "Hey! Nice to meet you! What is your name?"

The response, "Unknown."

The person must have an incredibly challenging life.

EDIT: Yes, I know what you meant. I had to have some fun too.

I should have said something like, "Every character that you play against is the computer since there is no PvP but only PvAI."
        Last edited by Tin Man; 06-15-2021, 05:00 AM.

• Turgeon
        Turgeon commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha funny Tin Man my correction was for fun too since ive understood the first time the meaning of your phrase
        Fun to have some fun haha
    Working...
    X