Letting abilities cook rather than playing for books of learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting abilities cook rather than playing for books of learning

So i play warrior and i am trying out the 6pc fury build for the first time this anb. I hear a lot of talk about waiting for ww to cook to lvl10

i wonder why since playing gets you books of learning which whittles down the overall cook time. Does this not compensate for the clock time spent trying to get them to drop?

WW lvl 10 usually have a significant impact to trial clear time, so if you can wait, then it'll boost you up that extra bit - especially with the limited game time for Gold.

This is more for those trying to get the most out of run and potentially going for lb ranking though... you're not going to see that much of an overall impact if you're just aiming for TL 110, or something like that.
    Eternium Files - links and details

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Beercules
      Beercules commented
      Editing a comment
      I see. I usually dont have a problem getting in the top 250 (tl 138 is my best) during bronze and silver... but that was always with 4wl/2 fury. I cant usually compete in gold because of the clock time... hence my 6pc fury experiment! I am half way cooking while i play for the books of learning... almost at ww lvl9. We,ll see how far i can push on zero budget

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Beercules If you are playing the Fire Lily 6 pc Fury build, you can expect to hit a wall just past TL110, where Fire Lily starts to falter. If you a running a Crit build, then you will probably push past that point without running out of gas.

As far as BoL go, I think that people who are pushing time milestones will sit and cook abilities. If you are not concerned with being the fastest player to reach level X, then you can collect a whole lot of BoL farming trials. Sounds like a good head-to-head challenge, but if you have the time to play a lot at the end of an event, you will most likely gain more CLs by waiting on key abilities (e.g., WW level 10). Plus, there are only 6 game hours in Gold, so there really isn't much to gain from pushing too soon.

As Nhat said, WW at max level will help (for me a lot) farming than starting to farm hoping for books to drop then make it to max. My experience is if during bronze and silver that there's so much event time to divide everyday, I use gems to max it instantly, but in gold I just wait that to cook, usually takes 5-6 days idle time depending how early in the event I start creating the event hero and leveling it up until WW unlocks.

Comment

• Stusmith50
      Stusmith50 commented
      Editing a comment
      In bronze and silver I just play and use the dropped BoL foe WW10.

• Benedicto
      Benedicto commented
      Editing a comment
      Because I just found out that gemming WW to 10 boosts my farming as I reach level 70, and more cost efficient than having 200% exp booster up all the time that costs 200 gems. I just use the 100% exp booster milestone rewards until I hit CL1000+ then use the other 200% rewards, then I'll just buy the remaining until CL2000+. I have come up to this because I play just an hour everyday during the bronze and silver event, and having WW at 10 as fast as possible is a great help and more gem efficient..
      Last edited by Benedicto; 07-06-2021, 11:55 PM.

Lemme see erm I will play WW SW (Pushin)
    Now 6/6 fury for exp: at 817 CL
    opening trial 95
    3 hrs 17 min left
    Stop playin (absolutely)

Right now just do the cookin for this "2" most important skill for a whirlwind shield warrior (below)
    when these 2 skill are at 10 will do say an hour or so for exp. Then will change all gears to: a 6/6 Defender.
    i have less then 4K of gems (3762K to be exact) left. COMMON SENSE: UNWISE to used it for WW and S&B to be at 10.
    Thus i have to wait wait and wait.

Everybody: Goodluck

​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 07-07-2021, 01:03 AM.
    New Season:

Whirlwind Shield Warrior Trial 154 in 9:40 min
    PURIST Mobile user

Comment

• Benedicto
      Benedicto commented
      Editing a comment
      I still have 6 fury in my event hero because I use the ephemeral boxes, but when I start crafting legendaries I'll go with 2W/4F as the standard farming set.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, that's what I did too. Only crafted one legendary so far.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Benedicto Wait, you farm with 2W, 4F? So you don't use the WW ability with the Templar belt?

Still haven't continue playin ANB Gold trials yet Just havin fun at the 5 STAR STORY MODE SOLELY FOR GEMS (back & forth with a new so and so hero. Finished delete then make another one. Now half way through I'm afraid)

waitin for the "two skill at 10", My accumulate gems increase from 3762 to 5.5 k (5524 to be exact). Wonderful.

Still haven't reach 10 yet. By tmrw afternoon ( local time maybe). Should I be patience just for half a day more? or just used the accumulate gems?. Very hard to decide. Well still 5 days left.

For the meantime. I just read the forums etc etc
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 07-08-2021, 01:29 PM.
    New Season:

PURIST Mobile user

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      TheExorcist If you don't mind letting me know, what do you use in the other slots apart from 6 fury? Other than the Arena, my impression from looking at the leaderboards was that shield warrior wasn't really optimal for pushing higher TLs.

• Teebs
      Teebs commented
      Editing a comment
      1800 Gems in 36 hours - that is impressive grinding.

Exactly how did you do that?

... KTB

Kristoff dear friend

My Bread and Butter:
    Any type of Whirlwind 6/6Defender Build .
    Howbout Hybrid kind of thing? Never tried in my entire life & don't have ANY SOLID PROOF whether it is possible???

But if playin DW?
    Standard build: 6 fury for exp, 4W 2 Fury for Pushin
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 07-09-2021, 12:48 AM.
    New Season:

PURIST Mobile user

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, TheExorcist ! I wish I could play around more with builds, but it gets so expensive outside ANBs. I'll have an idea and start crafting, and before I know it I'm dangerously low on my mats stockpile. And inside ANB, you need to craft for the best outcome so you stick to what works. Sometimes, though, if I still have mats and didn't use up my CTs, I'll craft stuff for experimental builds and CT those.
Working...
X