Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemstone selection vs greater currency booster

Hi everyone

I was wondering, in terms of getting good gemstones for jewelry purposes, is it more economical to buy a gemstone selection (99 gems) or a greater currency booster (75 gems)?

To ask the question in a slightly different way, which action yields me a better outcome in terms of high quality gemstones on average - farming TL 90 for 30 minutes or buying the gemstone selection? I would expect buying the gemstone selection but sometimes it only gives me the 2nd highest quality gemstones rather than the highest quality.

Thanks for any opinions and advice!

Economically, it makes more sense to use the currency booster, don your XG gear set, and farm story maps that drop a lot of gems since you are killing two birds with one stone (gemstones and gold). If you buy the season pass, you will get plenty of XG boosters, so you would not need to spend any gems at all. There is a temptation in a timed event, like an ANB, to "save time" by buying the gemstone selection, but most players would argue that if you are patient those 99 gems would be better spent on something else. Especially since the odds that you are going to get the gemstones that you want are fairly slim.

Comment

Which levels have the best gemstones? I usually farm Drakenmoor Catacombs, Morgenheim, or Darkhold Citadel.

Comment

• Arawn
        Arawn commented
        Editing a comment
        It used to be Morgenheim... Not sure if the gemstone drop rate changed when the gear drop rate was nerfed. Maybe someone else will verify?

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        AFAIK the old places still are best for gemstone farming. Use Normal level to keep the runs shorter. Older research showed that the drop rate was pretty much the same regardless of story map level. There are good options in every story map, so I usually mix it up to avoid boredom. The Broken Dragon and Siege of Anderhelm are good for ANBs since I rarely go past Act I. TBD is a straight through run which speeds things up a bit. For Act II, I use The Temple, but there are a lot of side routes and chests to farm so not as fast. For Act III, I use City of Malador or Crucible of Mawrth, and for Act IV, I use the same ones that you mentioned.

Use the 200% XG booster and gold farming gear set to farm gold and gemstones at the same time.

Oh I remember the days of ad boxes... You could do both. Farm TBD for gold and stones, watching ads each run. Once you watched 20 ads you could get a gemstone packet
      DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

Working...
      X