Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correlation between Gemstone Drop rate and Trial Level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raingold
    replied
    FWIW, another way to score gemstones: I ran Canyon of Whispers the past 2 ANBs, inspired by comments on Nhat's Furious Flaming Axes post in Warrior Barracks. Good source of gemstones and sometimes generous with BOLs. Also, greater density of enemies than early trials, so for me, more fun than early trials. I play mobile only. My Bronze warrior is at lvl 35 and I'm socketing teardrops and the square stones. Good luck and have fun.

Leave a comment:

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    The general formula is complicated. See the following post for a simple case. I am of course very interested by your data.
    Last edited by LodWig; 02-18-2022, 08:44 PM.

• LodWig
    replied
    You can find here some graphs showing the relation between Trial level and number of gemstones dropped:
    https://discord.com/channels/3598955...26243350892586

The number of gemstones dropped by the boss depends on the hero and boss level, the Trial level, the active Currency Booster, the active (hidden) Event Currency Bonus, and more surprisingly the Trial time. In the simple case of trial level 7 or above, finished in 5 minutes or less, the formula is:
    loge( trial_level + 20 ) × event_bonus2 × ( 1 + 2 × booster_face_value )
    Last edited by LodWig; 03-02-2022, 09:53 AM. Reason: Corrected an error in the formula.

Leave a comment:

• Wispy 2.0
    replied
    I've been collating data on this for some time and will stick a link to it later when I'm on my pc. There is a correlation between TL and gemstones but I've not yet had time to work on the actual formula used. I've collected data for Trials 7 through 102 inclusive checking drops with no booster, 200% gemstone and 400% gemstone boosters for regular outside event play, ANB Bronze, Silver and then some limited data for ANB Gold. I can share a partial formula for gemstone drop rates which is Base Value x (1 + Event Bonus %) x (1 + Booster %) with the final result rounded down. I've yet to work on the Base Value formula but maybe someone would be interested to play with my data when I link it - plotting it on a graph gives a similar curve to a square root function, or the diminishing returns curves we see when plotting out things like Crit Chance (Cr \ (Cr + 3000) as an example.
    Last edited by Wispy 2.0; 02-17-2022, 01:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ricklhall
    replied
    I stumbled across this post. I was doing several TL80s and one TL90 for xp and the drop rate for Gemstones was exactly 4 each time, rough and common only, no boosters.

Leave a comment:

• mousse
    commented on 's reply
    That's odd. I just ran some Trial and got different results. TL 65 = 17 gemstones(8 rough, 7 common), TL70 = 17 gemstones (16 rough, 1 common). TL 75 = 18 gemstones (14 rough, 4 common). I ran TL20 after my XP booster wore off because it's ANB, I don't want to waste XP boosters. TL 20 = 14 (8 rough, 6 common). I didn't have currency boosters active.

Getting only 4 gemstones at TL 90 is crazy low, unless you somehow got something better than commons. I only get roughs and commons.

Edit: I think you might have stumbled on a bug. Unless it's another round of A-B testing. It would suck if trials only drop 4 gem stones from now on. Jewelry crafting would require crazy amount of grinding to get enough stones.
    Last edited by mousse; 07-23-2021, 06:50 PM.

• mousse
    replied
    I have noticed that higher trials always gives more gemstone drops than lower trials. And it's the exact same number of gemstones, depending upon trial level, regardless of how long it takes to clear (I haven't paid attention in recent months so I don't know if they changed anything). The only time I used Currency Boosters is when I'm farming XP in Gold/Silver because I don't want to keep those boosters after ANB.

Leave a comment:

• Correlation between Gemstone Drop rate and Trial Level?

Sorry for such a short topic!

I did look to see if I could find the answer on my own.

I am XP farming (ANB) and I was wondering if there is any information about Gemstone drop rate and Trial Levels so that I may hold off on using my Gold boosters to farm higher levels?

... KTB
Working...
X