Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAFERS102
    commented on 's reply
    The grind is life in this game I am afraid.

• Schmutzus
    replied
    Hello,
    In my opinion the best farming methode for lvl 77 Items is running higher trials constantly. In Trial 130 I dropped lvl 77 legendary items with a frequence of 1 each 10th to 15th run. And this constantly. Ofc you have to have good RNG, because the 77th item could be every item type of your class (normal legendary, unique or set item) + you need to dropp atleast 3 useable stats on the item. Nethertanless I dropped for example arround 4 Viszerras with 3+ good stats so far and some other nice items and didnt grind too much there.
    Biggest downside of this methode: You need a farmer who can handle the higher trials and can clear them in a good ammount of time. It is frustrating if you need arround 8 min for 1 run and have bad luck and do not dropo a 76 or 77 item at 15+ runs (which can happen).

Thats why I cant farm properly with my BH atm with this methode: I want a lvl 77 set on her, but she does need way too long to clear the TL 130. And I dont want to have 77 dropps only once per hour.

Leave a comment:

• Spikeching
    replied
    Hi Ozymandius i thought as much

Thank you for this input

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Run trials that you can complete in 90 seconds or less. The logic is that you will complete more trials and therefore have more materials to salvage. Alas, other than spending gems or hard earned cash to purchase crafting materials, there is not short cut around the grind.

• Spikeching
    replied
    Hello Teebs

Hello RAFERS102

I guess what im saying is that

1.im grinding for mats anyway to salvage for crafts
    2.im grinding for some xp

Might as well grind some place and was thinking trials to do so

If in case its more efficient to craft,what is your advice to grind for craft materials and ingredients?

Leave a comment:

• Teebs
    commented on 's reply
    As RAFERS102 said - it is rare to get an L77 drop.

Even rarer are L77 with the stats you want.

Even rarer still is an L77 Set piece in the gear build you want AND a piece that you 'need'.

Not that it is unheard of - but that it is extremely rare. To the point where intentionally grinding just for L77 drops is going to almost assuredly end in frustration.

... KTB

• RAFERS102
    commented on 's reply
    Not to put a downer on things, however even in trails, you will find that a lv77 drop is extremely rare. Then when you finally get one, it will have trash stats and be of no use. Best bet is crafting along side the Pythia website to predict crafts.

• Spikeching
    replied
    This is sad

Thank you for both your responses.

I only asked because i read somewhere someone grinding heroic kara by killing just one of his minions and it was like killing trial 110 for easier time.but if story caps out at lvl72 items then trials can spawn lvl77 items even at 105.i guess trials are better

Leave a comment:

• Teebs
    commented on 's reply
    I have had exactly one Legendary Set piece (coincidentally just in the past couple weeks in the redesigned Act 2) - but, like you said, it was meh! stats L70 - but it was a surprise (Normal mode at that!).

Even upper level Trials rarely drop gear with the stats you want! Actually got a L76 Igneus the other day with both CR and CD - that alone was kind of a surprise.

Farming for gear - no matter where - seems a long shot strategy rather than - as you point out - crafting in an ANB to bring it back.

... KTB

• Ozymandius
    replied
    The short answer is No. You used to be able to get set gear pieces from locked chests, but those are capped at level 72 items now and there are a lot fewer locked chests than there used to be. Sadly, there is no substitute for grinding trials. I rarely see a dropped legendary in story mode these days, and usually, it is not a usable piece.

FYI, most experienced players craft gear during ANBs. The crafting costs are much lower, and you can keep the two best pieces by applying a CT. Just make sure to push your crafting mastery to level 50 first, otherwise your chance of rolling a level 77 are severely reduced.

Leave a comment:

• Spikeching
    started a topic Any story levels worth gear farming?

Any story levels worth gear farming?

As opposed to trials. Something that will give gear 77 faster than trials?
Working...
X