Companions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companions

I'm returning to the game after 2+ years. I plan on running my first ANB next week, and I'm thinking about keeping the character I'll create to replace my old characters. The reason is that I don't have all my inventory slots unlocked, and I can relearn skills with some patience. My only major cost will be restocking my companions since those aren't discounted. That leads to my question: Which companions are recommended for each class?

I see a lot of warriors using three shield companions only. Are there any reasons to buy any other companions for that class? The same goes for all of the other classes. What's essential, and what's nice to have on-hand?

Mages will get healers (Maggie) ... for both the Heal buff and the Vortex.

BH have been getting Maggies as well for the Vortex, though I don't know if that remains for the update - BH players will better answer this.

... KTB

Comment

For BH, the norm is three healers in order to use their Vortex. This is true whether you are running the 6 piece Stalker set with Snipe, the 6 piece Havoc set with Heatseekers, 4 piece Havoc with 2 Demolitionist hybrid with both Heatseekers and Sticky Bombs, or the 6 piece Demolitionist with Sticky Bombs. The tighter you can group mobs, the more damage you get out of your major abilities attacks, so Vortex is the way to go. Even if I have deployed Magnetic Trap, I will often use Vortex to pull them into a tight group before hitting them with Snipe or Heatseekers. If you plan on keeping your ANB hero and you have the gems, I would add these companions at the beginning of the event to get the most benefit.

Comment

And warriors are supposed to have three big fat warriors, but I don’t know why. I would rather to have some cool ladies like Maggie.

Comment

Welcome back! Making a new hero in ANB is definitely the way to go, everything's way cheaper there. There is a chance there's no ANB this week or next, but it still makes sense to wait for it instead of investing too much gems in your current toon. Companions you can buy later, my 2 cents is to start by buying 1 maggie if you run bh/mage; with warrior use the default companions or 1 extra norgrim for added toughness. Then you'll figure out what you need and if you're willing to spend the extra gems.
          Mage: Anba
          Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

The warrior uses 3 fighter companions because they boost life and armour. Since warriors need to be at melee range, the added survivability far outweighs other options. See the following link for a description of all of them. AFAIK, the numbers haven’t changed, at least nothing in version change logs.

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...394#post149394
          mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 138

Comment

• davidz
            davidz commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes sense! Better strong and fat when rolling with the monsters…
        Working...
        X