Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need for speed in ANB? (Returning player / novice question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need for speed in ANB? (Returning player / novice question)

The next ANB will be my first, and I've been studying up. I've seen a lot of videos that rush to level 70 in 15 to 30 minutes. I understand the need to unlock abilities for learning and saving time on the event timer for pushing. But as a returning player -- lacking recipes and with a crafting level around only 30 -- is there really a need to shave off every possible second? There's no way that I'll rank for medals when there are so many in the game who are already capable of crafting 77s.

Obviously, I want the CTs from the awards, but I can probably get those pretty quickly with the award gear and efficient EXP farming. But what else should I focus on since ranking is out of the question?

Can I level up my crafting skill with the event hero? If so, I could buy / farm crafting materials and try to get to 50. I could also work on collecting as many rewards as possible. But with so many game hours, I don't see the need to speed run if you're a beginner. Am I wrong?

You are way better off (in my opinion) putting resources (Gems for boosters etc) on the back end rather than the front end - particularly in Bronze (12 hours is a significant amount of time)

... KTB

Comment

• makilahy
      makilahy commented
      Editing a comment
      And what do you mean by "back end" and "front end?"

The biggest problem with ANB crafting is items cannot be salvaged, it is best to get to ml 50 outside anb.

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Tottaly aggreed with you. Get your mastery to 50 bfr the anb. The cost is meaningless it only lot of clicking

"And what do you mean by "back end" and "front end?"

Better to spend gems later in the game pushing or XP farming than trying to make sure that you level to 70 in the quickest possible time - it makes little logical sense in Bronze (other than almost pure bragging rights)

Comment

• Asad Butt
      Asad Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to agree with Teebs there. even if you can spare the gems, don't use more than 100% XP booster. It just means that you won't be able to reach lvl 70 by the time you play TL 11 or 12. Instead you will reach there by TL 14 of 15. You won't lose more than 8 to 10 minutes. It even helps if you don't use your 100% booster right away and wait until you're close to TL 7 or so, because that's when the enemies are lvl 70 and they start to yield better XP. Your aim should be to reach as close to CL 300 as possible when that first booster runs out, so you can immediately put extra 50 points on your gold and 50 on your movement speed before you start running for gold at the SoA. I usually go for around 4 million gold (in bronze, because there's more time, and because you'll have more essences to transmute later, I go for around 5.5 to 6 million). I also create my jewllery at the start of my gold run - as soon as I get 100k or so gold, I craft as many rings and necklaces as I can, fuse the gold ones immediately and save the ones I will need for XP for later. Once the gold run is over, if I have enough gemstones to create tier 3 jewellery, I do it right away, if not, then I use my best gear and the ephemeral jewellery, which I set up with push stats to get to TL 95 which give three bags of gemstones. This is usually enough to create my XP jewellery which I wear and start my XP runs. Another trick I use, whenever I plan to run both my XP and XG boosters at the same time is to start the XP booster right away at the start of the first Trial but wait until the boss is about to die to start the XG booster. This gives me extra 2 to 3 minutes when my XP booster runs out but my XG booster is still running. I use those 2 to 3 minutes to again do the gold runs. I don't bother doing this with the 100% XG booster but I make sure to do it when I'm employing the 200% one. Hope this helps.
      Last edited by Asad Butt; 10-14-2021, 09:51 PM.

makilahy you need to max your craft lvl. Try craft lvl 14 helmets and salvage them repeatedly in your main account … yeah, it’s hard to get on lb. I couldn’t make it last time, but I got quite a few ideas on how to do it next time. There won’t be another anb for two weeks, so you have a lot of time to max craft skill and farm gems.
    Last edited by davidz; 10-15-2021, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Grand_Wazoo
      Grand_Wazoo commented
      Editing a comment
      ...and while doing this try to maintain your sanity!!

• davidz
      davidz commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol… I suggest to watch some Netflix shows while doing the crafting… e.g. the Punisher

• Grand_Wazoo
      Grand_Wazoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Good advice!

Originally posted by davidz View Post
    makilahy you need to max your craft lvl. Try craft lvl 14 helmets and salvage them repeatedly in your main account … yeah, it’s hard to get on lb. I couldn’t make it last time, but I got quite a few ideas on how to do it next time. There won’t be another anb for two weeks, so you have a lot of time to max craft skill and farm gems.
    davidz Thanks! My next question was going to be how to most efficiently max crafting. What rarity level do you recommend?
    Last edited by makilahy; 10-15-2021, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Also, just to be clear, the videos I had watched were all economy runs. Except for a couple of minor crafting crates and gold, the only gems spent were on unlocking inventory, team, and learning slots, etc. -- which are mandatory anyway.

Comment

what you need to do as everyone else suggested are :
        Important part
        1. Maxing your crafting mastery to lvl50 -> lvl14 green helmet then salvage -> repeat the process until you reach lvl50 (don't forget your coffee, this process gonna take some times )
        2. Buy all those recipes at npc named liana using 50k gold and wait each 3hrs for free refresh -> yes yes all of it, even if the recipe is not for your toon class -> i repeat, all of it
        3. save up your gems (red gems) -> you will need at least 245 gems to get a fully unlocked toon.
        4. learn learn learn, since it will be your first ANB, you need knowledge :
        • 4.1 how to fast level up to 70 in under 30 mins
        • 4.2 learn about your class meta and important part is to unlock the recipe that use glory. what ? you don't have any glory ?? i have a good news for you, login to steam eternium and you will get free 200 glory
        • 4.3 learn the ANB Flow, the list below is ANB Flow summary that most player usually used :
          • 4.3.1 Level up to 70 as fast as you can
          • 4.3.2 Craft gold gear and farm some gold at world 1 map 10 (severed Mountain)
          • 4.3.3 Craft some cheap exp gear or use free ephemeral box from milestone
          • 4.3.4 Progress TL farm on any trial that you can clear in under 1:40
          • 4.3.5 Recraft exp gear to legendary and add some necessary enchantment
          • 4.3.6 Move to TL100 or TL105 and farm there
          • 4.3.7 Craft push gear
          • 4.3.8 Push
          • 4.3.9 Enjoy the CT, glory and medals

and a suggestion from me :
        don't rush, cook your skill in patient, bronze will be a 12 hours play timer and 10 days event timer
        Last edited by kurtcabage; 10-15-2021, 02:02 AM.
        Guide :

Comment

Originally posted by kurtcabage View Post
          what you need to do as everyone else suggested are :
          Important part
          1. Maxing your crafting mastery to lvl50 -> lvl14 green helmet then salvage -> repeat the process until you reach lvl50 (don't forget your coffee, this process gonna take some times )
          2. Buy all those recipes at npc named liana using 50k gold and wait each 3hrs for free refresh -> yes yes all of it, even if the recipe is not for your toon class -> i repeat, all of it
          3. save up your gems (red gems) -> you will need at least 245 gems to get a fully unlocked toon.
          4. learn learn learn, since it will be your first ANB, you need knowledge :
          • 4.1 how to fast level up to 70 in under 30 mins
          • 4.2 learn about your class meta and important part is to unlock the recipe that use glory. what ? you don't have any glory ?? i have a good news for you, login to steam eternium and you will get free 200 glory
          • 4.3 learn the ANB Flow, the list below is ANB Flow summary that most player usually used :
            • 4.3.1 Level up to 70 as fast as you can
            • 4.3.2 Craft gold gear and farm some gold at world 1 map 10 (severed Mountain)
            • 4.3.3 Craft some cheap exp gear or use free ephemeral box from milestone
            • 4.3.4 Progress TL farm on any trial that you can clear in under 1:40
            • 4.3.5 Recraft exp gear to legendary and add some necessary enchantment
            • 4.3.6 Move to TL100 or TL105 and farm there
            • 4.3.7 Craft push gear
            • 4.3.8 Push
            • 4.3.9 Enjoy the CT, glory and medals

and a suggestion from me :
          don't rush, cook your skill in patient, bronze will be a 12 hours play timer and 10 days event timer
          Thanks! Most of that I already knew. I just hadn't seen this bit on leveling crafting. I never realized that you could make essences from this process! Great way to stock up on fire since that's what I always run out of.

Comment

As some have mentioned, I don't think it's all that important to focus on your "to level 70" time... Better to look at resources spent along the way. I've been running relatively low gems runs, taking roughly an hour to get to level 70 and can still manage CL 1,600 to 1,800 within 6 hours, with half epic gear - probably can go slightly more if I craft Legendaries...

So, an extra 30 minutes or so to level up to 70 isn't going to hurt you in the long run... 200% boost is most effective when you have a full 70+ set of exp gear, before that, you're kinda wasting the boost - but if you have the Gems, then go for it
            Eternium Files - links and details - 04 February 2021 - v1.5.3x changes: Ability Rate formula changed to: AR / ( 2xAR + 1500 )

Eternium Guides:

Comment

A legendary box will very likely bring a 77 to you. My current Axe is 77 drop from last bronze.

Comment

Unless you're after leader board rankings, you don't need to level quickly to 70. Especially if you're gonna burn through gems in the process (buying a lot of 200% boosters). It usually takes me 1 - 1 1/2 hours to reach 70 with out buying boosters. Since your crafting isn't maxed out, don't buy the L crate (2500 gems) yet.

Don't waste gems while you're still learning the game. Once you GitGud, gotten all the recipes, maxed out your crafting. then you can consider buying those boosters. Until then use the freebies. Years ago, gems were easy to obtain (ad boxes) and we could get well over 2000-3000 gems a week. Now you'd be lucky if you can get more than 1000 gems a week.

Comment

Fast leveling to 70 matters most during Gold ANB. Since you only have 6 hours of playtime and 2 of that is used for pushing you need to level up very fast . 4 hours of leveling and getting to cl2000 means you have to be very efficient.

Comment

Working...
                  X